Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Recruit] Khalfani Muhammad's Story + Video

Started by Cure, February 29, 2012, 03:08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

February 29, 2012, 03:08:43 pm Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:27:13 pm by Cure

.. I really like his determination to get an offer. His playing style reminds me of Mike Hart from Michigan, which I knew all too well.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

sickboy

I think the Mike Hart reference is a good one, but he seems faster. Also, I live not far from Sherman Oaks Notre Dame and academically it's one of the best schools in the greater Los Angeles area. Sign those types of kids up any day of the week. Their leadership will be awesome.

online-with-swine

Picture confused me.  I was thinking, "why is Notre Dame playing the Vikings?"

hawgsmellgud

So if he called us and asked for an offer, then got that offer, should he not commit?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

CallThoseHawgs

He would be a very nice get.. Heres his profile:
http://247sports.com/Player/Khalfani-Muhammad-11201?pi=1304

We also offered his Teammate QB Kelly Hilinski about a day after we offered him, maybe a package deal? Profile:
http://247sports.com/Player/Kelly-Hilinski-14774

Hawgfan27

Wow, says a lot for your program when the kid calls you.

xHawgWyldex

Quote from: KnilesKankle on February 29, 2012, 06:56:43 pm
Picture confused me.  I was thinking, "why is Notre Dame playing the Vikings?"

At least you got confused because of that.

I was thinking

"Clearly that kid already signed with ND, and look they're playing the Vikings, seems reasonable"

*scroll*

songofthesword

I'm not very high on him. he's tiny and to be that small is not as fast as you might think. Im' not saying he's not a good player but not worth this early a commit for a RB spot.  and i'm with the other ugy, it's one thing if he called and said look i want to be a hog give me an offer and i will commit and bam, but you make it nkown you are interested and then you dont' commit? what kinda stuff is that.

BaconHits

Quote from: songofthesword on February 29, 2012, 11:28:19 pm
I'm not very high on him. he's tiny and to be that small is not as fast as you might think. Im' not saying he's not a good player but not worth this early a commit for a RB spot.  and i'm with the other ugy, it's one thing if he called and said look i want to be a hog give me an offer and i will commit and bam, but you make it nkown you are interested and then you dont' commit? what kinda stuff is that.
Try and think about the positives before you stereotype a smaller player.  There are advantages and disadvantages.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview10/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5461423

scruf

No, he's not as fast as I thought...he's faster! Are you kidding me?! I'm not sure what video/videos you watched but a couple of times he looks like he was shot out of a cannon. 10.55 in the 100m is NOT slow. Did you watch any of his track videos? Just because he doesn't jitterbug around a bunch in his highlight video doesn't make him any less fast. Actually, it says a lot about his discipline and the vision he has to run the lanes that were blocked for him.

As far as getting an offer and not committing, you do realize that recruiting is all about marketing yourself and getting your name out there, right? These kids aspire to play in all-star games at the end of the season and number of quality offers plays a role in that whether you like it or not. Muhammad is the kind of talent that can shop around for the right fit, both on and off the field. I find his approach assertive and mature beyond his years.

hawgsmellgud

I was really just asking. I think that it is cool that any player in the top 150, especially one from Cali, would call and ask. Hell if we offered I want him.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: scruf on March 01, 2012, 12:43:03 pm
No, he's not as fast as I thought...he's faster! Are you kidding me?! I'm not sure what video/videos you watched but a couple of times he looks like he was shot out of a cannon. 10.55 in the 100m is NOT slow. Did you watch any of his track videos? Just because he doesn't jitterbug around a bunch in his highlight video doesn't make him any less fast. Actually, it says a lot about his discipline and the vision he has to run the lanes that were blocked for him.

As far as getting an offer and not committing, you do realize that recruiting is all about marketing yourself and getting your name out there, right? These kids aspire to play in all-star games at the end of the season and number of quality offers plays a role in that whether you like it or not. Muhammad is the kind of talent that can shop around for the right fit, both on and off the field. I find his approach assertive and mature beyond his years.

I know you weren't answering my question, but you did answer my question.

scruf

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 01, 2012, 12:50:53 pm
I know you weren't answering my question, but you did answer my question.

Haha - Anytime! haha

Chief Hog

Reminds me of Trindon Holliday, how many times did he kill us on punt and kick off returns?

Nate_hawg

Wow... It's one of the lead stories on the front page of yahoo right now!

Greyhands

Watching his video he explodes past the defenders kid has some wheels.

songofthesword

Quote from: Chief Hog on March 02, 2012, 10:12:17 am
Reminds me of Trindon Holliday, how many times did he kill us on punt and kick off returns?
this kid reminds me of trindon holiday like Rachel maddow reminds me of Megyn Kelly

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cure on February 29, 2012, 03:08:43 pm

.. I really like his determination to get an offer. His playing style reminds me of Mike Hart from Michigan, which I knew all too well.

Realizing of course that this is a highlight film and that doesn't inlcude every single play...more film needed as in total games played, the thing that impresses me the most is the quickness of this kid with regard to change of direction, he runs hard for a smaller guy and rarely falls backward when hit (plus yards when carrying the ball) and of course, his overall speed.

This kid, with development and maturity at the college level, could easily carry 200 lbs. and not lose a step. Probably a "slot" kind of player rather than playng behind the QB, but this kid could be a major addition as a playmaker.
Go Hogs Go!

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: xHawgWyldex on February 29, 2012, 11:06:07 pm
At least you got confused because of that.

I was thinking

"Clearly that kid already signed with ND, and look they're playing the Vikings, seems reasonable"

*scroll*

And the way the Vikings were playing I could see Notre Dame winning...

rogersvillemohog

The thing that impresses me is that he's running fast, but it looks like he's looking for his blocks, then you look down at his legs and they're running 1000 MPH. Great talent. Reminds me of a smaller Dennis Johnson.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

mandtandk

SemperFi

He reminds me of Michael Smith. Blazing speed and tough as nails. I hope we land him. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan