Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steelers will win it all!!!

Started by holman24, January 18, 2006, 10:35:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

holman24

Just wanting to know how many Steelers fan are on the board.  It will be a great day Sun Feb 5th when they win and bring us back to the glory days of the 70's.

d_lm1

they got to get through the broncos first, possible, but i dont see it happening
go hogs go

mword

Quote from: d_lm1 on January 18, 2006, 11:19:43 am
they got to get through the broncos first, possible, but i dont see it happening

I believe the Broncos will be going to the Superbowl along with Carolina.

holman24

Plummer will revert back to his old way under the pressure of the big game which he has never play in an make broncos fan wonder if he should go back to Cardinals

Boared

I'm a Steelers fan, but I don't like Cowher's record vs. Shanahan. Granted, this is a different Denver team than the ones they faced in the past, but I would give Denver a slight edge due to homefield as they rarely lose there.

Donkeyfan

I'm a fan, but not a Steelers fan.  Ok maybe a little after they took down Manning and Co.  Something Denver couldn't do two years in a row.  If they can take out Denver, I'm on board.  Until then...
DONKEYS ALL THE WAY MAN!!!

d_lm1

Quote from: Donkeyfan on January 18, 2006, 05:24:18 pm
I'm a fan, but not a Steelers fan. Ok maybe a little after they took down Manning and Co. Something Denver couldn't do two years in a row. If they can take out Denver, I'm on board. Until then...
DONKEYS ALL THE WAY MAN!!!
what?? you a steelers fan, lol, and i wear tights and have a cape......or are you saying you'll jump onboard for the superbowl?
go hogs go

Galleywinter

Bring it baby. I feel better about playing Denver than I did about Indy.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

GO STEELERS..

Anyone noticed how many beards will be playing in this game?
They hate Nutt too!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

steelcurtain

Steelers are going to get One For The Thumb this year!!!!! Their are fresh tires on the Bus and he aint making anymore stops till the job is done!!!!

Jake the Fake will fail.

X factor in this game will be Hines Ward.

Mark it down.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Boared

Since so many Steeler fans are on this thread--are any of you hoping ARE is re-signed before he hits free agency or are you ok with letting him go?

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on January 20, 2006, 06:11:43 pm
Since so many Steeler fans are on this thread--are any of you hoping ARE is re-signed before he hits free agency or are you ok with letting him go?

Gotta re-sign him.  Can take it to the house at any moment, decent receiver, QB skills as emergency back-up and trick plays.

mikeb

I'm a fan of both Cowher and Shanahan......but since I'll be at a Steelers fan's casa................... I'll go with the Steelers ;)

Squealers

Being from the Burg, and having lived through the glory days at 3 Rivers Stadium (My Mom was the Steelers computer programmer for season tickets)  I can tell you this year is our best chance at a return to the Super Bowl.  We will get there and we will WIN!

GO STEELERS!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Donkeyfan

Quote from: steelcurtain on January 19, 2006, 11:22:33 pm
Steelers are going to get One For The Thumb this year!!!!! Their are fresh tires on the Bus and he aint making anymore stops till the job is done!!!!

Hello, I didn't know any of there current players were on any of the previous winning Super Bowl teams.  Come to think of it, not even Coach.  How 'bout we just let them win their first one.

WindyCityHog

I'm a Cowboy fan that will be pulling hard for the Steelers...

I used to hate 'em....

...but I really admire an organization that honors loyalty...and Pittsburgh has shown that with keeping Cowher.

Pittsburgh is old school...as I am.

It should be a great Super Bowl....I hope.

Boared

January 23, 2006, 12:16:54 pm #18 Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:19:59 pm by Turd Ferguson
Quote from: Donkeyfan on January 23, 2006, 10:40:07 am
Quote from: steelcurtain on January 19, 2006, 11:22:33 pm

Hello, I didn't know any of there current players were on any of the previous winning Super Bowl teams.  Come to think of it, not even Coach.  How 'bout we just let them win their first one.

When most people talk of "one for the thumb", they're referring to the organization. The Cowboys didn't all of their Superbowls with the same staffs/players, yet they won "one for the thumb."

If you want to get technical, Dick Hoak, the RB's coach has been with the Steelers for 44 years in one role or another. 

Just acknowledge your team got beat and move on, man. Let it go.

Donkeyfan

Ya I know what one for the thumb means.  I may be stupid, but not THAT stupid.  ANYWAY- DICK CAN HAVE ONE FOR THE THUMB.  The rest of them can have their first one.  Besides, I'm a sore loser.  I'll let it go after the Superbowl.

Quote from: schweine on January 18, 2006, 11:27:36 am
Quote from: d_lm1 on January 18, 2006, 11:19:43 am

I believe the Broncos will be going to the Superbowl along with Carolina.
Guess you would like a do-over on that comment..

d_lm1

i would if you could give it to me, but since you cant, i'll eat my crow like a man and say the better team won.  still pisses me off though.  but on a lighter note,....i'll be rootin for the steelers.  man, they played defense like nobodies business, especially that pallamo guy (sp).
go hogs go

Quote from: d_lm1 on January 24, 2006, 04:50:24 am
i would if you could give it to me, but since you cant, i'll eat my crow like a man and say the better team won. still pisses me off though. but on a lighter note,....i'll be rootin for the steelers. man, they played defense like nobodies business, especially that pallamo guy (sp).

Broncos would have kicked Seattle's arse also, IMO....Seahawks are gonna get punched in the mouth by the AFC