Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about DGB importance

Started by Chad In Real Life, February 01, 2012, 12:37:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad In Real Life

I wanted DGB to sign with the Hogs more than anyone. Not just because he is a fantastic WR, because we have a solid WR class, but because of the attention a high profile recruit like that brings to our program.

My question is, how does it make Arkansas (a top 5 program ) look when we lose a recruit of his caliber ( seemingly perfect for our system ) to a program like Missouri?

This is no knock against Mizzou, but facts are facts.  We are way up right now, and they were a middle of the pack team in a weak conference.

Does this hurt our reputation with other recruits who could be considering or on the fence about the Hogs?

IMO it cant be good
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

hog_co-pilot

Personally, I don't think it hurts that much just because DGB is from Missouri.  Had he been from another state and chosen a mediocre Missouri team (sorry, but true) over us then I think it might hurt our perception. 

I think the best thing we can do to improve our recruiting is to continue to win.  We really need to be a BCS contender every year.  It also wouldn't hurt for our instate high school talent to improve. 

Woo Pig Sooie!

bpoecell

I think losing him doesn't surprise that many people outside of the state. If we were Alabama or OU, it would be a bigger deal. Getting him would've done a lot for our perception, and could make top recruits in next year's class look at us a little harder.

Razorfox

I don't know if it "hurts", it just doesn't give us that huge "help" that we could have used by landing a guy like that. 

Most of recruiting is done within 200 miles of the school and we couldn't land the kid even though we were the closest big school within that 200 mile radius. 

The chance to get the #1 player in the country because he's even remotely close to us and not in a state where he's already probably going to be slated are few and far between, so it would have been nice to capitalize this time. 

hogfan98

Quote from: bpoecell on February 01, 2012, 12:41:44 pm
I think losing him doesn't surprise that many people outside of the state. If we were Alabama or OU, it would be a bigger deal. Getting him would've done a lot for our perception, and could make top recruits in next year's class look at us a little harder.

This is exactly how I feel.  He's a great player and would've improved our roster, but someone will take his place.  What you lose is that national headline saying the #1 player in America has picked Arkansas and the wow factor that goes with that.

Hoggish1

He's only important if he signs with us.  Otherwise we move on real fast.  No. 1 recruit stays home—good for him. 

Disappointed? Yes.  But it's not like he's going to Bama.

Hawg Balling

Of all people/places, someone on Tigerboard had a good point about this last night.  DGB signing with Arkansas is worse for Mizzou than DGB signing with Mizzou is for Arkansas.  They had more to lose, it would've been a bigger embarrassment, and it wouldn't left an indelible stain on their program for the short term as they enter the SEC. 

That's about as positive as I can spin it.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 01, 2012, 12:58:48 pm
Of all people/places, someone on Tigerboard had a good point about this last night.  DGB signing with Arkansas is worse for Mizzou than DGB signing with Mizzou is for Arkansas.  They had more to lose, it would've been a bigger embarrassment, and it wouldn't left an indelible stain on their program for the short term as they enter the SEC. 

That's about as positive as I can spin it.

Though I see the point, im not in the business or whats best for other SEC schools.

Hawg Balling

February 01, 2012, 01:04:44 pm #8 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:06:28 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Chad In Real Life on February 01, 2012, 01:03:34 pm
Though I see the point, im not in the business or whats best for other SEC schools.

I'm not either.  Just relaying a concern from (of all people) a Mizzou fan. 

Do you honestly think I'm trying to legitimize his signing, or identify with it?

HawgTrough

WPS

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 01, 2012, 01:04:44 pm
I'm not either.  Just relaying a concern from (of all people) a Mizzou fan. 

Do you honestly think I'm trying to legitimize his signing, or identify with it?

no that wasnt pointed you, but to their logic.  Why would we give a rats ass about whats best for them?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on February 01, 2012, 01:11:13 pm
no that wasnt pointed you, but to their logic.  Why would we give a rats ass about whats best for them?

You're totally misinterpreting the point.  The entire point was (post was made last night when everything was up in the air) that if DGB signed with us, Mizzou would have a ton of egg on their faces because they'd lost a homegrown kid as they were entering the SEC.  That was the point.  It had *nothing* to do with sympathy. 

MrKlem10

Quote from: TonytheTiger on February 01, 2012, 01:13:47 pm
Top 5 program?  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah 8)

Yeah, and you're getting DGB too.  Hawg Lock!

You guys are the most delusional pieces of garbage I've ever read.

And BTW - Mizzou has had 3 ten win seasons in the past 5 seasons as well... any Arkansas fan who thinks they have a better program that Mizzou, is laughably stupid.  I mean retarded to a point that it isn't even funny.

BTW - was that huge smile on DGBs face today sincere or legit?

Maybe we should have some more hogville experts weigh in.

You guys have been so accurate lately.

Have a good one posters.  This couldn't have happen to a more deserving university that hillbilly, buck tooth faggots that mark up Arkansas.

Troll all you want to....simple fact that Arkansas is going to win with or without DGB and PU-Mizzou could not say the same.  After next season you will be on the schedule and you will reap the benefits of you poor overall coaching staff.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: TonytheTiger on February 01, 2012, 01:13:47 pm
Top 5 program?  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah 8)

Yeah, and you're getting DGB too.  Hawg Lock!

You guys are the most delusional pieces of garbage I've ever read.

And BTW - Mizzou has had 3 ten win seasons in the past 5 seasons as well... any Arkansas fan who thinks they have a better program that Mizzou, is laughably stupid.  I mean retarded to a point that it isn't even funny.

BTW - was that huge smile on DGBs face today sincere or legit?

Maybe we should have some more hogville experts weigh in.

You guys have been so accurate lately.

Have a good one posters.  This couldn't have happen to a more deserving university that hillbilly, buck tooth faggots that mark up Arkansas.

3 10 win season in the Big 12!!!

Enjoy your one good recruit. Too bad you needed a helicopter and a transexual OC to close the deal.

Also, enjoy your first season in the SEC, bro. It will be a pleasure watch your team get their balls kicked down their throat. Hope your alcoholic coach steers you in the right direction.