Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Luck DGB!!!

Started by KlubhouseKonnected, February 01, 2012, 09:34:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

You were a class act about the process. You could have really helped us out ut thank you at least for not going to Alabama, LSU, Auburn or some other immediate threat.

I wish you luck. You will go a long way towards helping Mizzou make the transition to the SEC. I hope they appreciate that sacrifice.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

MeSoHoggy_65

I second that. He seems like a good kid and I'll admit it hurt to see that ugly hat but I can't get mad at kid that chose to stay home. Good Luck DGB. wps

Batman1991

Good luck DGB. Wish u could have been a hog:(

CDBHawg

Screw Mizzou. As well as Bama and LSU. I'm a Hog Fan. I cheer for Hog players. Any other players on other teams, I could care less about. I don't wish injury on them but could care less if they play a down or not.

Agree.  He chose to stay home, just like we want every good Arkansas player to do. 

Brewerfan10

I cannot wish someone good luck for making a career decision like this. I can respect him for treating this process the way he did.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 01, 2012, 09:41:51 am
Screw Mizzou. As well as Bama and LSU. I'm a Hog Fan. I cheer for Hog players. Any other players on other teams, I could care less about. I don't wish injury on them but could care less if they play a down or not.

kind of irrelevant but okie dokie

inhognation

February 01, 2012, 09:44:34 am #7 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:46:31 am by inhognation
I agree - Good luck to DGB.  I wanted him as bad as onyone.  And for all of you who are bashing him by saying he made a stupid decision, remember it was his decision to make and people make decisions for all kinds of different reasons. 

Also for you bashing people for having bad sources, remember that people change their minds all the time, and I think at one point he wanted to come here, but something changed his mind in the last week. 

Ray Zor

GO HOGS

tbhogfan

Best of luck to the young man unless he is playing Arkansas.   Situation handled with class, and I hope that our fans will do the same.
Go Hogs!

nwarazfan

Prayers to his brother. Hope he beats cancer.

I see no reason to wish DGB luck for this decision.  He not only wasted our time but he made other kids wait and affected our recruiting.  Who knows what receivers didn't consider us because of him. He made an emotional decision that could have been made months ago.   

The Great Hambino

Isn't Arkansas closer to home than Missouri?

His dad chose for him.

At the end of the day, he still won't be making tackles, which is what we really need. Well, I take that back. He will probably make a few tackles after that QB throws interceptions.

JustoHogFan

yes goodluck dgb

too much pressure and too many strong relationship ties he has and is comfortable with in his home state. Thanks for the wild ride its just a shame since you looked a lot cooler in red and white

GBHawg

per twitter: Congrats to DGB future Music City Bowl MVP.

LOL!!!!!

The Hogfather

I agree.  He handled the process in a very classy way.  Good luck to the young man.

Young men make horrible decisions everyday.  He will be successful there, but he just would've been more successful here.

Bigmac2

Ya'll rainbow pumpers remember how wonderful the kid is when he is catching passes against us in the future. Hold on - is Missouri even on our schedule. Maybe not until the SEC Championship game. Anyhow, I am pissed to no end that we lost him to Missouri. Class act or not we should of sewed him up. It will more than likely come back to bite us.

JustoHogFan

Quote from: Bigmac2 on February 01, 2012, 10:04:46 am
Ya'll rainbow pumpers remember how wonderful the kid is when he is catching passes against us in the future. Hold on - is Missouri even on our schedule. Maybe not until the SEC Championship game. Anyhow, I am pissed to no end that we lost him to Missouri. Class act or not we should of sewed him up. It will more than likely come back to bite us.

OK chicken little I guess we should bow down to the almighty Mizzou Tigers and their one good recruit and we should create voodoo dolls of DGB because God forbid a young man that has gone thru a lot in his life chose to stay home with the only people who have EVER cared about him.

You need some chill pills man relax and congratulate DGB on making a tuff decision in his life albeit maybe the wrong one it is his life.

Ftsmithmike

He won't be catching passes from a QB who will live on his rear end for the many years it takes to figure out how to stop the SEC Dline from killing him. And he is a tough kid but not Joe Adams tough. He is not come back from a stroke and beat LSU tough. Players like him can be shut down when not surrounded by like talent. This is not a knock on him because he is amazing but he will never realize his potential at Missouri.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

PowderedPig

Yes, DGB.  Thank you for going to an irrelevant school, at least.

KlubhouseKonnected

Unless they get put on our schedule in the next three years we will never see him line up against us. Mizzou has about as much chance of playing in a title game as we do.

HogFansReunited

I agree.  Wish he would have been a hog but he needs to do what he wants.  Best of luck unless you are playing Arkansas.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

TLFHAWG

Good luck to DGB and MIZZOU.

Chad In Real Life

Yeah, good luck Mizzou.

Until you play the Razorbacks, and I hope you get crushed
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

claytongray

I think you'll find out soon that the end of the process was severely lacking in class. Zero well wishes from me.

peakhog

Never, never, never fault a kid for staying home!

Hometown Hero

Quote from: claytongray on February 01, 2012, 10:22:15 am
I think you'll find out soon that the end of the process was severely lacking in class. Zero well wishes from me.

yeah, it says something about a recruit that lets coaches know that he is not attending through a press conference. it is probably is sour grapes, but it really shows lack of respect and character, imo. that said, i wish he was wearing a hog hat. i just don't think he could have faced his friends and classmates after the press conference though.

The Hogfather

Quote from: claytongray on February 01, 2012, 10:22:15 am

Really?  I hope not.  If so, I rescind my well wishes.

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on February 01, 2012, 10:14:04 am
He won't be catching passes from a QB who will live on his rear end for the many years it takes to figure out how to stop the SEC Dline from killing him. And he is a tough kid but not Joe Adams tough. He is not come back from a stroke and beat LSU tough. Players like him can be shut down when not surrounded by like talent. This is not a knock on him because he is amazing but he will never realize his potential at Missouri.

This is the truth.

Hog Waller

Nope, can't wish that.  Mizzou is in the SEC, they are the enemy and he chose to side with them.  Wishing him 3-4 years of 0-12 seasons.  I can only wish and hope the best for those who want to be Razorbacks.

NeilieN

He is now the enemy, I do not give well wishes to an enemy.

hoghearted

Sorry. I wont  be wishing any comference foe 'luck'. I hope his career is career is mediocre at best. See ya.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

OldPoop

Quote from: TLFHAWG on February 01, 2012, 10:16:12 am
Good luck to DGB and MIZZOU.

I think it's the other receivers on the team that will be getting most of the luck in the form of extra passes thrown their way.   I think he will be getting a lot more double coverage at Miz than he would have at Arkansas.   
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.