Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky Hires Randy Sanders As QB Coach

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 23, 2006, 07:14:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dmhog v2.0

So, let me get this straight. Sanders was UT's Offensive Coordinator. He quits and UK's Kurt Roper is hired by UT as running backs coach. Then, to replace Roper, UK hires Sanders. This is confusing.

Tater Salad

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 23, 2006, 07:32:50 pm
So, let me get this straight. Sanders was UT's Offensive Coordinator. He quits and UK's Kurt Roper is hired by UT as running backs coach. Then, to replace Roper, UK hires Sanders. This is confusing.

Not as bad as the NFL. Coaches getting recycled all the time...

ballhog™

kind of like hatfield replacing ford at clemson, ford comes in to help kines at arkansas and then replaces kines.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

jrw11475

This is a good pickup for Kentucky.  I think he was just in a bad position last year with UT. 

hogwild84

We were looking at him as a possible QB coach also. He was the QB coach at UT and shifted to Off Coordinator the year when Cutcliffe left for Ole Miss when UT won the NC.  So he is probably pretty good.  I still think we did a lot better getting Alex Wood. A former OC for a pro football team converted to college QB coach? Are you kidding me?

HawgnDos

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 23, 2006, 07:32:50 pm
No actually he was fired from UT, he didn't quit.