Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Classy Florida fans...

Started by HogHeathen, January 23, 2006, 02:58:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pfrg999

Nice... do they not know that they are talking about his HOME state and his parents and his friends and his relatives... How are they going to treat him down there... Gezzz
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsNbeer

Seems to me they were as classy as you could muster in that situation...... I mean really...... What's the big deal....?     We have no business talking historically with that program anyway.......  I am sure Urban Meyer will see many of his recruits this week before the dead period.........I agree with the one dude that said your program must suck ass if you talk in the past, or something like that......It's the truth.... JMO 

HogHeathen

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 23, 2006, 03:06:40 pm
Seems to me they were as classy as you could muster in that situation...... I mean really...... What's the big deal....? We have no business talking historically with that program anyway....... I am sure Urban Meyer will see many of his recruits this week before the dead period.........I agree with the one dude that said your program must suck ass if you talk in the past, or something like that......It's the truth.... JMO

Do a little research on our traditiion and theirs first before you get all fired up.

By the way,  THEY STARTED IT MAMA!!   :-)

swakefie

Please don't post on other teams' boards.  You make us look dumb.

razrhawg

not sure the Florida fans are the one with the class problem, I don't like the infidels that come over here either.

Hogs4Ever

Oh it would be so sweeeeet if DW would commit to the Hogs.  We would keep one of our own and have recruiting bragging rights on the nassssty gatorgirls.

hoggystyle78

Maybe you should check Arkansas tradition over the years to Floridas, up until Spurrier came they were at best an average team and in many years the Hogs would've run them off the field! Arkansas tradition more than matches up with the Gayturds.
Seems to me they were as classy as you could muster in that situation...... I mean really...... What's the big deal....? We have no business talking historically with that program anyway....... I am sure Urban Meyer will see many of his recruits this week before the dead period.........I agree with the one dude that said your program must suck ass if you talk in the past, or something like that......It's the truth.... JMO

hogsNbeer

Quote from: HogHeathen on January 23, 2006, 03:08:51 pm

Do a little research on our traditiion and theirs first before you get all fired up.

By the way, THEY STARTED IT MAMA!! :-)

Who is fired up?  I'm not.....Are you?     I'm just stating the obvious.....  Please....... The Gators will be laughing at us from the BCS Bowl very soon..........    See here you are living in the past...... Live in the now.... Except for the fact that we
're not that good currently..........and Florida is probably going to end up 1st or 2nd in recruiting this year......... While we finish in the 30s.........     

HogHeathen

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on January 23, 2006, 03:17:02 pm
Maybe you should check Arkansas tradition over the years to Floridas, up until Spurrier came they were at best an average team and in many years the Hogs would've run them off the field! Arkansas tradition more than matches up with the Gayturds.

Thank you Hoggystyle....

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 23, 2006, 03:18:10 pm

Who is fired up? I'm not.....Are you? I'm just stating the obvious..... Please....... The Gators will be laughing at us from the BCS Bowl very soon.......... See here you are living in the past...... Live in the now.... Except for the fact that we
're not that good currently..........and Florida is probably going to end up 1st or 2nd in recruiting this year......... While we finish in the 30s.........

Lets see I do not believe the the Gators will be Laughing at us very soon from the BCS Bowl ...Matter of fact I don't think many of them will be laughing at us at all.... They had there time to laugh at us.... That time is gone....
I see us as a good match for them or really anyone in the next few years.... Gezz you sound more like them ... With a good qb and a strong passing game we will be as good as anyone in the SEC....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogsNbeer

I'm just glad we dont' play them for a couple of years...... an a bad note..... While they reload for those couple of years, I'm sure by the time we play them they will be peaking with all Urban's players.......  This could be a huge problem unless, of course, we have REAL coach by then........ ;D

Feralhog

Who is fired up? I'm not.....Are you? I'm just stating the obvious..... Please....... The Gators will be laughing at us from the BCS Bowl very soon.......... See here you are living in the past...... Live in the now.... Except for the fact that we

When you speak of things historically, you are talking about THINGS IN THE PAST!   

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HogHeathen

Quote from: Feralhog on January 23, 2006, 03:33:22 pm

When you speak of things historically, you are talking about THINGS IN THE PAST!

Yes sir,  But that's all you've got for the moment.  What do you think statistics are based on?

pfrg999

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 23, 2006, 03:30:23 pm

Lets see I do not believe the the Gators will be Laughing at us very soon from the BCS Bowl ...Matter of fact I don't think many of them will be laughing at us at all.... They had there time to laugh at us.... That time is gone....
I see us as a good match for them or really anyone in the next few years.... Gezz you sound more like them ... With a good qb and a strong passing game we will be as good as anyone in the SEC....

Hey Hogs... good qb- Check ... strong passing game... I'll give it a we'll see....

Do the gators have a better running game ...uhhh NO... better Backs uhhhhh NO... better Coach Check ..better OC... Let's see
Better Defense,,,, NO..... Better DC ... NO  Better skill players.... NO... better KR..... NO..... Better OL.... Push.... Better OL coach Check
Better QB... Maybe yes maybe No... lets see what Casey can do with a true passing game

Now they will be laughing ...why?

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 23, 2006, 03:31:58 pm
I'm just glad we dont' play them for a couple of years...... an a bad note..... While they reload for those couple of years, I'm sure by the time we play them they will be peaking with all Urban's players....... This could be a huge problem unless, of course, we have REAL coach by then........ ;D

See above... Like we will not be recruiting

HogKong

When you speak of things you are predicting, you are talking about THINGS IN THE FUTURE????

What?

HogHeathen

Quote from: HogKong on January 23, 2006, 03:36:37 pm
When you speak of things you are predicting, you are talking about THINGS IN THE FUTURE????

What?

Huh??   COL  (chuckling out loud)

pfrg999

What?

You are talking to Hogsnbeer... and I agree....  I will say Laughing time is OVER.... we will compete in the SEC and in the Top 25

hogsNbeer

Quote from: HogHeathen on January 23, 2006, 03:34:49 pm

Yes sir, But that's all you've got for the moment. What do you think statistics are based on?

You are correct....Obviously, I'm not doing a good job at explaining my point.... All I'm saying is we shouldn't live in the past..... unless your outlook in the future  for our team is that grim......  I do think the hogs can be a force in the SEC...but it won't happen over night , and it won't happen under NUTT.....and I think Urban will have his team up there in the next couple of years.... and I frickin hate saying stuff like that about other teams and not my own....

HogKong

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 23, 2006, 03:40:05 pm

What?

You are talking to Hogsnbeer... and I agree.... I will say Laughing time is OVER.... we will compete in the SEC and in the Top 25

I definately agree.  We may not be the elite next year, but if our offensive line improves like I am PREDICTING, we will be a much improved team next year.  Then w/ DMc, FJ, CD, MM, and MarMo all with another year under their belts, 2 years down the road and we are back competing for and SEC championship.  We must continue to recruit well so that we do not have 2 year rebuilding periods every 5 years.

HighOnHogs

Wouldn't it be sweet if Arkansas plays Florida in the SEC championship in the next couple years?

And whoever was posting from Arkansas on that provided link, please stop.

HogKong

Quote from: HighOnHogs on January 23, 2006, 03:45:58 pm
Wouldn't it be sweet if Arkansas plays Florida in the SEC championship in the next couple years?

And whoever was posting from Arkansas on that provided link, please stop.

I agree, I was embarrassed for you while I was reading your posts.

Feralhog

January 23, 2006, 03:50:54 pm #25 Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:55:41 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: HogHeathen on January 23, 2006, 03:34:49 pm

Yes sir, But that's all you've got for the moment. What do you think statistics are based on?

Florida's tradition is recent.  Their run in the 90's was comparable to our run in the 60's.  We competed on a fairly high level for three decades, with an approximate avg. of just over 3 BCS equivalent bowls every decade.  Our average wins per season during that 30 year stint is ahead of schools like USC.  Even with the complete friken debacle known as the 90's, our all time year in AP ranking is 16..  Check back in 2020 and let's see how Florida is doing.   A person has to be pretty ignorant not to recognize Arkansas' tradition in college football!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Razorquack9

What?

That's funny right there!

HouTxRzbck

Exactly...when you say traditions, you have to have a successful past for it to be a tradition.  Arkansas has better tradition than Florida when it comes to traditional football programs.  Like Feral said we are 16th in all of football and where is Florida?  It is easy to say that Florida has had by far the best recent tradition of the two programs.  But overall tradition, Florida in not there. 
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

mikeirwin

Quote from: JAHOG on January 23, 2006, 03:10:01 pm
Please don't post on other teams' boards. You make us look dumb.
Absolutely. The mods on this board would not allow a Florida fan to come here and post stuff like that.
Why troll other boards except to stir up trouble ?
Considering what was said by the Hog fan I thought they were fairly tolerant.

Feralhog

Quote from: HogKong on January 23, 2006, 03:43:46 pm
Quote from: pfrg999 on January 23, 2006, 03:40:05 pm

What?

You are talking to Hogsnbeer... and I agree.... I will say Laughing time is OVER.... we will compete in the SEC and in the Top 25

I definately agree.  We may not be the elite next year, but if our offensive line improves like I am PREDICTING, we will be a much improved team next year.  Then w/ DMc, FJ, CD, MM, and MarMo all with another year under their belts, 2 years down the road and we are back competing for and SEC championship.  We must continue to recruit well so that we do not have 2 year rebuilding periods every 5 years.

Our two deep roster the last 5 years reflects a program rebuilding every year, not 2 out of 5!

Boner

Florida's rise is directly attributable to the rise in talent in the state of Florida.  It no coincidence that FSU, Miami, and UF have all risen from so-so programs to national powers all in the last 25 years.  Florida's population boomed, and so did the talent.

Unless, this talent level all of a sudden drops, they will be fine for years to come.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: Boner on January 23, 2006, 04:19:26 pm
Florida's rise is directly attributable to the rise in talent in the state of Florida. It no coincidence that FSU, Miami, and UF have all risen from so-so programs to national powers all in the last 25 years. Florida's population boomed, and so did the talent.

Unless, this talent level all of a sudden drops, they will be fine for years to come.

Good point!  That's how you build up your program. In state talent!!!  It looks like NW Ark is the cream of the crop for talent in the state.  I know when I played football in HS (Central Arkansas), our conference was with NW schools and we got our a**es handed to us every week.  It's all about what your HS does for football.  It seems NW Schools have what it takes to turn out talent with the facilities, coaches and training.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

hogsNbeer

Florida's rise is directly attributable to the rise in talent in the state of Florida. It no coincidence that FSU, Miami, and UF have all risen from so-so programs to national powers all in the last 25 years. Florida's population boomed, and so did the talent.

Boner, I agree with that statement...... But at some point you have to win with not-so-great players to start the winning tradition..... For example, Tom Osborne was in the top 5 for 40 yrs or something sick like that...... He was recruiting from everywhere not just Nebraska.....Once you win, and keep winning and your program is deadset on winning and nothing else, recruits are knockin on your door like they are at ND, the Floridas, and USC........ I know Tom Osborne was years ago, but it was still D1 football back then.......  bottom line is--- you win they knock on your door.........  Right now we're 11th in the SEC in recruiting......  Nobody's knockin on our door..... Mustain was in-state...and is a very good start....

Boner

Quote from: hogsNbeer on January 23, 2006, 04:58:26 pm

Boner, I agree with that statement...... But at some point you have to win with not-so-great players to start the winning tradition..... For example, Tom Osborne was in the top 5 for 40 yrs or something sick like that...... He was recruiting from everywhere not just Nebraska.....Once you win, and keep winning and your program is deadset on winning and nothing else, recruits are knockin on your door like they are at ND, the Floridas, and USC........ I know Tom Osborne was years ago, but it was still D1 football back then....... bottom line is--- you win they knock on your door......... Right now we're 11th in the SEC in recruiting...... Nobody's knockin on our door..... Mustain was in-state...and is a very good start....

Wasn't using it as an excuse at all.  Just saying that UF won't likely fall back to being a mid tier team.  They will forever have a talent advantage.  Their lack of success pre-80's isn't as relevent going forward.  The entire state of florida has changed a ton since then.

hoggystyle78

Boner, for you to say that Fla. will be power forever, that's a pretty bold statement. We don't know what will happen tommorrow, Fla. could fall into the friggin ocean for all we know! If you don't think it's possible for the Gators to fall on hard times, then you my friend need to take a good look at Texas, Texas A&M, and USC, because even as great as these programs have been, they have ALL fallen on lean times, and not just one or two years either! The amount of time the Hogs have been down for the most part has been longer but with the tradition we have it is entirely possible that the Hogs could one day be a major player, and when teams with less tradition than Arkansas has fans who are ignorant and don't know facts put down my team, well it just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Boner on January 23, 2006, 05:30:21 pm

Boner, I agree with that statement...... But at some point you have to win with not-so-great players to start the winning tradition..... For example, Tom Osborne was in the top 5 for 40 yrs or something sick like that...... He was recruiting from everywhere not just Nebraska.....Once you win, and keep winning and your program is deadset on winning and nothing else, recruits are knockin on your door like they are at ND, the Floridas, and USC........ I know Tom Osborne was years ago, but it was still D1 football back then....... bottom line is--- you win they knock on your door......... Right now we're 11th in the SEC in recruiting...... Nobody's knockin on our door..... Mustain was in-state...and is a very good start....

Wasn't using it as an excuse at all. Just saying that UF won't likely fall back to being a mid tier team. They will forever have a talent advantage. Their lack of success pre-80's isn't as relevent going forward. The entire state of florida has changed a ton since then.

Boner

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on January 23, 2006, 06:27:21 pm
Boner, for you to say that Fla. will be power forever, that's a pretty bold statement. We don't know what will happen tommorrow, Fla. could fall into the friggin ocean for all we know! If you don't think it's possible for the Gators to fall on hard times, then you my friend need to take a good look at Texas, Texas A&M, and USC, because even as great as these programs have been, they have ALL fallen on lean times, and not just one or two years either! The amount of time the Hogs have been down for the most part has been longer but with the tradition we have it is entirely possible that the Hogs could one day be a major player, and when teams with less tradition than Arkansas has fans who are ignorant and don't know facts put down my team, well it just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Boner on January 23, 2006, 05:30:21 pm

Wasn't using it as an excuse at all. Just saying that UF won't likely fall back to being a mid tier team. They will forever have a talent advantage. Their lack of success pre-80's isn't as relevent going forward. The entire state of florida has changed a ton since then.

True.  But barring Florida "falling into the ocean" they will likely continue to have a very strong recruiting base.  A bad coach can come along and mess all that up like they did at Texas, USC, LSU, etc., but it won't be hard for them to bounce right back.

My only point was that their lack of success in the 70's and before has very little to do with their future going forward.  They have recruiting advantages and skins on the wall (NC, SEC Championships, BCS Bowls) now that won't allow them to become an average program.  At least not for long.

hoggystyle78

Feralhog

Talent pool aside, by comparison to where Florida was just 10 yrs ago, it's not much of a stretch to say they've slipped.  Staying on top decade after decade is easier said than done.