Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Link for Future Hog football Schedules?

Started by Pragmatic PiG, January 23, 2006, 04:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pragmatic PiG

could somebody help me out here, place I used to go to see this isn't working out for me.

Actually tried to use the search function on this site to find a past post about it cause I know I've seen links posted on this board in the past, alas I have found nothing

Guess I'll hang up and wait for my answer in the morning.......who needs sleep?????

McHawgalds

hogfan064

I don't think there really is anything set in 2007 other than the TCU game and I believe we drop Vandy that year and add Kentucky.  The 2006 schedule is on Hogwired

Chappeee

Why in the heck are we playing TCU anyway?  That is a hard-to-win game with no redeeming value.  If we're going to do that, let's play Purdue or Wisconsin or some team like that.

hogfan064

I don't like the TCU game either.  I assume it's b/c Arkansa and TCU have an old rivalry and the Dallas-Fort Worth area have lots of Hog fans.  This isn't nearly as bad as Ole Miss playing road games at Wyoming and Arkansas State.  This is a very dangerous series though and we have nothing to gain from beating them.

sooie dog

It gives us exposure in Texas.  We should play them or someone from Texas every year.

Chappeee

If we want to win over Texas recruits and fans, let's schedule a multi year series with Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl every year.

hogaddict

Hawgin84

January 23, 2006, 08:43:17 am #8 Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 08:57:25 am by Hawgin84
Here is a good link for viewing the future as well as past schedules. As previously posted, the future schedules aren't necessarily complete. :razorback:

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=153

hogfan064

I wonder with the new 12 game schedules if we'll play 3 easy OOC games and 1 tough game(TCU) or if we'll go 2 easy and 2 tough?  I would love a series against an ACC school for selfish reasons.  Clemson would be perfect. 

Athog

This is one of the richest recruting areas in the country. Great series for gaining metroplex exposure.... say rather than Wisc or someother series. The Hogs wanted a Texas series in DFW or Houston to gain this exposure, Lets hope we can turn this into recruits.

Chappeee

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 23, 2006, 08:58:58 am
I wonder with the new 12 game schedules if we'll play 3 easy OOC games and 1 tough game(TCU) or if we'll go 2 easy and 2 tough? I would love a series against an ACC school for selfish reasons. Clemson would be perfect.

There is no way Arkansas would ever play Clemson since they already play South Carolina every year, although Arkansas-Clemson might make for a good Peach Bowl or something.

Chappeee

Quote from: sooie dog on January 23, 2006, 08:32:42 am
It gives us exposure in Texas. We should play them or someone from Texas every year.

If we are trying to get exposure in Texas, we need to play someone that we can beat for sure (like Rice or Houston in the Cotton Bowl stadium) or a team that is actually worth beating (like Texas or Texas A&M).  TCU has too much of a chance to beat us, and if we beat them, it's no big deal.

hogfan064

I know Arkansas-Clemson wouldn't happen, but living in SC I would love it to.   They have a very nice stadium in a great location and that place can get very loud.  Could happen in the Music City Bowl b/c starting next year that bowl is a ACC-SEC game

The_Bionic_Pig

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program well take a look at how many STUDS are in the Dallas Metroplex for 2007'

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 23, 2006, 08:58:58 am
I wonder with the new 12 game schedules if we'll play 3 easy OOC games and 1 tough game(TCU) or if we'll go 2 easy and 2 tough? I would love a series against an ACC school for selfish reasons. Clemson would be perfect.

Like most BCS conf schools, the added game will be a $$ game.  Some non-conf patsy played for revenue.  Most BIG SERIES have been scheduled for year in advance so adding a big name is not as easy as it sounds, even if you wanted to. 

Arkansas schedule is tough enough. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Buford T. Justice

Is the USC game for sure set for Sept. 9th?  Is ESPN still in talks to move that to the 2nd or is that totally out of the picture now?

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Hawgin84 on January 23, 2006, 08:43:17 am
Here is a good link for viewing the future as well as past schedules. As previously posted, the future schedules aren't necessarily complete. :razorback:

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=153

Thank you     

Hawgin84