Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southeastern Conference Football--Movie Edition

Started by NaturalStateReb, January 24, 2012, 02:27:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Alabama:  There Will Be Blood

Nick Saban yells "I drink your milkshake!  I drink it up!" then bludgeons LSU to death.

Arkansas:  Network/Falling Down

Much like Howard Beale from Network, Hogs fans decided that they were mad as hell, weren't going to take it anymore, and hired a good coach.  Petrino gets so mad on the sidelines he could easily go on a mid-life killing spree.

Auburn:  Apocalypse Now

That smell of napalm in the morning is Auburn's program burning down.  Now they'll have to rely on Chizik's coaching talent.  The horror!  The horror!

Florida:  The China Syndrome

Remember how Jack Lemmon managed to keep the control rods in and narrowly averted a catastrophic meltdown?  Will Muschamp is in that same control room in Gainesville.

Georgia:  Groundhog Day

Despite being highly touted, the Bulldogs had a good but not great season.  Georgia fans wake up in this reality every September.

Kentucky:  From Here to Eternity

The approximate waiting time for Wildcat fans to celebrate a football championship.

LSU:  The Bad News Bears

A group of malcontents and discipline problems are led to a runner-up finish by a colorfully incompetent coach.  The only thing LSU is missing is a sponsorship from Chico's Bail Bonds.

Mississippi State:  On the Waterfront

"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody."  High aspirations collide with reality.  Put the wheels back on the house Momma, we're going to Nashville!

Missouri:  Fargo

These guys are going to get fed into an SEC woodchipper.

Ole Miss:  Gone With the Wind

After Houston Nutt burned down the program, Rebel fans yelled "As Hugh Freeze as my witness, I'll never lose 14 straight again!"  You can almost hear Tara's Theme while looking at the charred remains.

south Carolina:  The Matrix

They've had Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier.  This version of reality is as good as it gets.

Tennessee:  Cat Ballou

If you think they look bad from here, you ought to see it from their side. 

Texas A&M:  The Dirty Dozen

A group of military men with questionable records volunteer for a suicide mission.  Only 1 in 4 make it out alive.

Vanderbilt:  Dead Poets Society

Dramatic, moving, inspirational, and always tragic at the end no matter how many times you've seen it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

irishman

Ha, that's pretty good.
For those of you who have never seen Falling Down I highly recommend it.

go hogues

I'd say OM and MSU could both be "Mississippi Burning"
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: go hogues on January 24, 2012, 02:45:30 pm
I'd say OM and MSU could both be "Mississippi Burning"

I didn't think about that one, but it would have been good.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.