Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bob Caudle column

Started by dmhog v2.0, January 22, 2006, 09:04:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BloodRedHog

Now that is telling it like it is...wow.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

dmhog v2.0

Hogs4Ever

A good sobering read for all fans.  Championships are not won in February.

Arazorbackguy1

Is John Madden writing this story?   Basically, he is just stating the obvious... It's obviously not that difficult to write a story anymore these days.  What does this guy want to prove with a story like that?  Move on...
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 22, 2006, 09:44:32 pm
Is John Madden writing this story?   Basically, he is just stating the obvious... It's obviously not that difficult to write a story anymore these days.  What does this guy want to prove with a story like that?  Move on...
What exactly is wrong with his column? It hits the nail on the head.

Biggus Piggus

Bob Caudle been around a long time, knows more about what goes on Broyles Complex way than the casual observer would think.
[CENSORED]!

Ugly Uncle

Great post.  I think we need to realize that Nutt may not be the CEO type guy we all hoped he would be.  Markuson may not be able to change his spots either.
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 23, 2006, 12:17:58 am
Great post. I think we need to realize that Nutt may not be the CEO type guy we all hoped he would be. Markuson may not be able to change his spots either.

Shhhhhh.  How dare you bring this up?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dmhog v2.0

January 23, 2006, 12:37:51 am #9 Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:50:51 am by dmhog v2.0
Caudle's a . Although  column,  believe he loves mail, way.

uofajoe99

Yup nobody could build those houses like the J man..........

HatfieldHog

Truth again from Mr. C.   Just remember, all will be proven next fall.  We'll see just how Malzan's offence works, we'll see if recruiting on the Defensive side of the ball pays off, and we'll see if we run it up the middle 3 times on the 2 yard line, if Nutt has actually released the offence or not.

Everything will be revealed by it's own history.     See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Ugly Uncle

Good morning Hatfield.

Good post.

I think it will be revealed...and I don't think we are going to like what is behind door number 1.
Retired Radio Host

searkhogfan

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 22, 2006, 09:04:44 pm
From my main man, Mr. Bob Caudle:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/01/22/opinion/36opbcaudle.txt

That's not anymore enlightening, than the the average poster on Rivals.  It's funny how some So-Called Hog Fans enjoy being D!CK Whipped by anyone willing to run down the "Program " !!!!!!!

Biggus Piggus

Most of the time we read people complaining about the homer media.  I wish that dork in Texarkana would go find a job that doesn't require literacy, though.  He's awful.
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 23, 2006, 08:59:58 am
Most of the time we read people complaining about the homer media. I wish that dork in Texarkana would go find a job that doesn't require literacy, though. He's awful.

who dat?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

PigPusher

Bob eludes to the many false steps at Arkansas in their quest to get back to the football summit or close to it. Considering all those hopeful but eventual failures, one has to ask the obvious question. Who was present and in charge through all those years who had the power to make things good or bad?  Frustratingly this has had to be a big part of the ongoing problem.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Inigo Montoya

Good article, slightly pessimistic but much like a splash of icy cold water in the face when you first wake up.  Still with the coaching changes and new recruits coming on board I'm hoping for next years team to come out whooping arse from the get go.  Maybe it's naive but what do you do.  I'm a UofA alumni and the Razorbacks are the only team I'm ever going to root for so you might ass well dive in head first.  GO HOGS!!

Fletch

I feel like $100

jforte

not a bad article for a 1978 St. Michaels Disco Alley dude!

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 22, 2006, 09:04:44 pm
From my main man, Mr. Bob Caudle:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/01/22/opinion/36opbcaudle.txt

Definetly the best media person in this state, either writing, broadcasting or on TV.  A lot of lessons could be learned from Bob by these rosey glasses guys.

tulsahog36

disgusting!!!!  I hate people spewing negative comments!!!!!!!!!!!!   Support the team or cheer for someone else!!!!!!!!!

hogsanity

I imagine if Bob ever writes a positive article, those who now like him will suddenly think he has lost his journalistic abilities.  THese abilities are not measured by how well some one writes.  Not by how articulate he is, but rather in how much he bashes the program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

taintlint

Quote from: tulsahog36 on January 23, 2006, 03:55:58 pm
disgusting!!!! I hate people spewing negative comments!!!!!!!!!!!! Support the team or cheer for someone else!!!!!!!!!

Are you joking? I hope that was sarcasm. If it wasn't, "Ignore the facts and never face the truth" is a horrible way to "support" a team, person, or anything for that matter.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: taintlint on January 23, 2006, 04:15:14 pm
Quote from: tulsahog36 on January 23, 2006, 03:55:58 pm
disgusting!!!! I hate people spewing negative comments!!!!!!!!!!!! Support the team or cheer for someone else!!!!!!!!!

Are you joking? I hope that was sarcasm. If it wasn't, "Ignore the facts and never face the truth" is a horrible way to "support" a team, person, or anything for that matter.

but that's the credo of the sunshine pumping community......

What would they do it they didn't ignore the "facts"?

taintlint

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2006, 04:11:28 pm
I imagine if Bob ever writes a positive article, those who now like him will suddenly think he has lost his journalistic abilities. THese abilities are not measured by how well some one writes. Not by how articulate he is, but rather in how much he bashes the program.

You do realize that in our two major sports we have ZERO quality wins since sometime in late 2004/ early 2005 right? Let me guess, beating a down and out Kansas and Texas Tech in bball is worth some positive journalism to you. Football........well, what year was it when we beat someone of worth? 2004?

dmhog v2.0

And we're off to the races.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: taintlint on January 23, 2006, 04:18:08 pm
I imagine if Bob ever writes a positive article, those who now like him will suddenly think he has lost his journalistic abilities. THese abilities are not measured by how well some one writes. Not by how articulate he is, but rather in how much he bashes the program.

Football........well, what year was it when we beat someone of worth? 2004?

The shorthorns in '03

hogsanity

You can be positive about the program if you want to, and still point out the past.  The question is, what point is there in CONTINUALLY being negative. 

As for the KS and TT games.  In past season, even if they are down, we would still have lost, so yes, it is worth something. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dmhog v2.0

What about Ole Miss in '05. I thought that was thi big one, according to the Nutt fans.

taintlint

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on January 23, 2006, 04:21:51 pm
Quote from: taintlint on January 23, 2006, 04:18:08 pm

Football........well, what year was it when we beat someone of worth? 2004?

The shorthorns in '03

I wanted to say 2003 was our last quality win in football but it hurt too much to say it. I guess I'm wrong though. We have plenty of reasons to be happy and avoid negative journalism that demands accountability.

dmhog v2.0

QuoteWe have plenty of reasons to be happy and avoid negative journalism that demands accountability.

What about coaching that demands accountability?

HogsRule

Quote from: Fletch on January 23, 2006, 11:16:58 am
Caudle is still a retard.

hit the nail on the head. I wonder when he's going to bring Cletus back. That crap was asinine and he's an idiot. Who ever said Nutt forced Malzahn to reveivers coach. Uh maybe Mustain has learned all he can from Malzahn and wants to learn from a former Pro coach. Maybe its a bigger pull for DW to have his high school coach be his position coach.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

Ugly Uncle

Wow...the huggers were sure willing to throw around the Bill Curry "Nutt is brilliant" quote...like it was uttered from the lips of God.  But let someone that knows the situation here, someone that is close to the principles of the article "tell it like it is"...and they get angry. 

Someone that only sees a guy that presents himself well in public and is well spoken...admittedly a nice guy...

Compared to someone and people that know the true goings on behind the scenes and "this guy is just spewing negativism."

I would be angry if this guy had said things like this if we had a winning, respectable program.  If he took unfair shots...or didn't have credibility...I would be upset. 

The so called "Darksiders" have so much substance to their argument, while the Huggers have the perceptions of someone that only thinks about Arkansas or Nutt when he HAS to report on them.
Retired Radio Host

dmhog v2.0

Quotehit the nail on the head. I wonder when he's going to bring Cletus back. That crap was asinine and he's an idiot. Who ever said Nutt forced Malzahn to reveivers coach. Uh maybe Mustain has learned all he can from Malzahn and wants to learn from a former Pro coach. Maybe its a bigger pull for DW to have his high school coach be his position coach.

Cletus rules! He's a real person, you know? I've met him. Nice guy.

hogsanity

The question that I have is whats the point of continuing to bash HDNU right before signing day?  He is going to be the HC next season, and if they dont win there will be plenty of time to bash on him then.  There is no point to it now.

As for the game on Sat.  THe guy had 3td's.  It is 1 yd and the D can stunt or stuff lke that because of the rules.  Kinda hard not to call that play.  Oh yea, and it is an "all star game".  His team put up 31 pts.  If his Ar team scores 31 a game next year they will win a tonn. 

Again, what is the point of bashing the Fb program right before signing day?

dmhog v2.0

That was an "all-star" game in title only. There were no "all-stars" there.

dmhog v2.0

It's not bashing when you're telling the truth.

clemensrules01