Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its a win/win situation for todays game; and I'm torn

Started by batmanfan, January 21, 2006, 12:19:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

January 21, 2006, 12:19:21 am Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:24:56 am by batmanfan
On one hand if the Hogs win, that's would be cool I guess, since the NCAA "dream"( ya I know what a bullcrap dream) will still be alive.

On the other hand, with a Hog loss it just drills another nail in the coffin of Defeats career here at Arkansas.

I'm not sure who to go for here.  It's either...win and have a small chance at the tourney, and probally keep this terrible coach who never will get this program back...or cut your losses at the end of the year and really try to bring back the program with a new coach.

My prediction?  Hogs win by 4...they get up by 14 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th until they get to tired from their McDonald's meals and Auburn comes back, but it just isn't enough.  With our luck that is what will happen.  :-[  I don't even know when this one is tomorrow, I probally won't even listen...apathy has set in.  :'(

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hoginator

As a true fan, I have never, nor will I ever hope the hogs lose for any reason. Although it's hard for some to separate, we're not rooting for the coaches, we're rooting for the team.
Just because some are calling for Heath's job, isn't a good reason to hope they lose. Things have a way of working out either way, eventually. We'll either have success and keep Heath, or we won't and he'll be gone, eventually. Unfortunately, neither option is ever on our time-table...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Razorback88

I don't think we should ever hope to lose in any condition.  But also, I don't think a single game will make a difference in Heath being here next year.  Let's hope for a WIN on the road today!

WestMemphisHogFan

I do not root for the hogs because of the coach that we have.  I bleed razorback red!  And I will ALWAYS root for the hogs to win whoever they play and regardless of who our coach is at the time. I can't even fathom hoping they (hogs) lose to prove a point or to "drive a nail" in the proverbial coffin of a coach. 

It is still about being a Razorback fan and the student athlete and hoping they do the best they can.  I believe all Razorback fans would agree with me on this one...GO HOGS beat Auburn!!  WPS

CalHog

I also bleed razorback red. I always have and always will support the Hogs, as any true fan will, no matter how bad they suck.

PigKahuna

Just like football season, people are already preparing to hope for losses for "the good of the program"

PLease, oh God please don't let these people be in charge of me if I'm in the hospital.  "Pull the plug!" they yell...

hogfancb

I agree, never root for us to lose.  It just ain't right

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: batmanfan on January 21, 2006, 12:19:21 am
On one hand if the Hogs win, that's would be cool I guess, since the NCAA "dream"( ya I know what a bullcrap dream) will still be alive.

On the other hand, with a Hog loss it just drills another nail in the coffin of Defeats career here at Arkansas.

I'm not sure who to go for here.  It's either...win and have a small chance at the tourney, and probally keep this terrible coach who never will get this program back...or cut your losses at the end of the year and really try to bring back the program with a new coach.

My prediction?  Hogs win by 4...they get up by 14 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th until they get to tired from their McDonald's meals and Auburn comes back, but it just isn't enough.  With our luck that is what will happen.  :-[  I don't even know when this one is tomorrow, I probally won't even listen...apathy has set in.  :'(

BAT

I don't even want to comment on this.  How would you ever want the Razorbacks to lose!!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

wincrimson

Listen, you guys are not going to lose to AU!! I promise.

HairyHog

Rooting for a loss is not the same as expecting a loss.  Never root for a loss.

Nutt_Hate_Me

I hope we win out.  If we do that means that team is improving and maybe Stan does have what it takes.  If he does win out, I'll give him another year, and see if he can do it again.  I would also admit that maybe just maybe I was wrong about Stan.  He's got to prove it on the court first.  So I will pull for the hogs all the way but I will also criticize and critique Stan along the way, here's hoping I don't have to.
It's great to be home.

OinkinOregon

I want the Hogs to win everytime out but I feel the mojo is going against the Hogs today.  This whole Centennial Celebration, the older players returning will inspire the Tigers to victory today over a Hog team that will be pressing extremely hard for a win.  I look for the Hogs to be down at the half 5-10 points, rally back after Heath gives his "Your messing with my livelihood speech!" to take a 8 point lead only to have a "Lull" and let the Tigers rally back and win the game on a last second 25 footer by a freshman.  Tigers win 60-59

I love the Hogs and I root for them but their coach does not have the toughness it takes to make the right decisions either before or during a game.  I have confidence in the players to play well but not the coach to coach well.