Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Didn't Cedric Houston De-Commit From Arkansas Before Signing With Tenn?

Started by Hoggy Bear, January 20, 2006, 06:22:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

If memory serves me correctly, didn't Cedric houston give a verbal commit to Ark and then de-commit later only to sign with Tenn?

SiriusHog™

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on January 20, 2006, 06:22:23 pm
If memory serves me correctly, didn't Cedric houston give a verbal commit to Ark and then de-commit later only to sign with Ark?

he signed with tennessee, but i dont remember if he verbally committed to the hogs.. he was from clarendon arkansas, a town about 20 miles from where i grew up.. i just remember hearing stories down there about him going on a trip to UT, coming back, committing to UT, then a few weeks later his mom was driving around in a new cadillac...

cookie52

I don't know if he ever committed. I remember it was a waiting game of sorts with him and De'Arrius Howard. He signed with Tennessee then Howard signed with Arkansas if memory serves me correctly.

berryhog

I think he did.  I believe he actually committed to us as a junior then switched close to signing day.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: cookie52 on January 20, 2006, 06:30:00 pm
I don't know if he ever committed. I remember it was a waiting game of sorts with him and De'Arrius Howard. He signed with Tennessee then Howard signed with Arkansas if memory serves me correctly.

i dont think it was cedric houston in that same year with de'arrius howard, i believe it was deangelo williams, who of course, went to mempha state..

Hoggy Bear

Never mind, I found an article online about it.  Things sure changed a lot that year before signing day.....Cedric Houston was an oral commit to Ark.  Cadillac Williams was an oral commit to Tenn.  And D'Arrius Howard was undecided between Arkansas and Miami.

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: berryhog on January 20, 2006, 06:31:51 pm
I think he did. I believe he actually committed to us as a junior then switched close to signing day.
I think you are right.  If memory serves me correctly, he didn't reveal until signing day, and he put on a UT cap at the signing...that's when everyone knew.  Shortly after, Howard committed to the Hogs.  Seems like it was live on DTS

TMc

He committed on Houston's birthday in his Junior year. I am remember the article the day it came out.. I'm sure if Cedric ever actually "de-committed" .. he just went to Tennessee.

tulsahog36

What is the thread for?  Cedric Houston has never lived up to his potental, I am glad he is at Tennessee. 

cookie52

berryhog

Quote from: tulsahog36 on January 20, 2006, 10:58:44 pm
What is the thread for? Cedric Houston has never lived up to his potental, I am glad he is at Tennessee.
I don't think he asked about his potential, he asked if he de-commited from UA.  He did and it looks like he has landed on his feet with the Jets.

toshortrock

he was committed since junior here,and pulled the old hat trick
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hangfifty

He committed as a junior, then switched to Tennessee, the a few weeks before signing day said he was coming to Arkansas,, then Tennessee had an in-home and he was uncommitted again. He was a soap opera. His high school coach was getting hammered. So much so, his wife called drive time sports to complain.

ballhog™

He committed and went back and forth several times before signing with the vols.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.