Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any TV for the Arkansas -vs- Auburn game ???

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 20, 2006, 05:06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

travelguy

Arkiejared

isn't 40/29 the JP affiliate in NWA?  I didn't see the Alabama game on Wed, b/c I couldn't find it....am I just blind, or is Dish network messing with me?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: travelguy on January 20, 2006, 05:15:42 pm
Nope, just radio, bummer.

Guess I'll see you guys tommorrow around noon-ish then.....   Library closes early today.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I recently moved out of town and switched from cable to dish.

Does anyone else think it is a crock that if you live in north central Arkansas you HAVE to take the Springfield area locals even if you want Little Rock?  I move a handful of miles and what I used to get on cable, I can't get on dish.  If the cable company can supply springfield and Little Rock, then why can't dish?  Heck, I even get 10 hispanic channels from Latin America.  But if I get access to Little Rock locals, I guess the world will come to an end. >:(

I am tired of this cluster.  I had this happen like 5 years ago and I would've assumed the FCC would've fixed this nonsense by now.  Congress has told them it is okay, but the FCC hasn't decided on it going on a year now.  Dish has all the locals, all they need is an okay to be able to offer them.

bolo1010

the game was on channel 7 on my dish network...i figure it would all be the same

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 20, 2006, 06:00:37 pm
the game was on channel 7 on my dish network...i figure it would all be the same

Do you live in North Central Arkansas?  Anything north of say Clinton and east of Harrison over to like Ash Flat gets springfield, which has no channel 7 ;)

Count yourself lucky.  I am jealous. ;)

bolo1010

i live in southeast ark (monticello)...do you guys get the foxsports southwest games up there?

we dont pick em up down here

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 20, 2006, 06:05:50 pm
i live in southeast ark (monticello)...do you guys get the foxsports southwest games up there?

Yes, all we get is the Southwest affiliate.  So we get to see A&M news, the Astros, etc.  When most people in this area want to see the Cardinals.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on January 20, 2006, 06:10:17 pm
Quote from: bolo1010 on January 20, 2006, 06:05:50 pm

Yes, all we get is the Southwest affiliate. So we get to see A&M news, the Astros, etc. When most people in this area want to see the Cardinals.

Jonesboro doesnt get southwest.   I get stuck watching the stupid cardinals...;)

But I hate both the stros and cardinals, so neither is a perfect set up for me.  It is becoming harder and harder to pick up hog games right now
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Arkiejared

Quote from: hogmommy on January 20, 2006, 05:25:03 pm
It was on 40/29 but wasn't listed in our DISH onscreen guide.  It said Lost was on.  I went to the 40/29 website and saw it listed in their programming schedule.  My husband almost had a fit when he couldn't find it.  Your're not blind, just not resourceful enough. ;)

Ouch.....maybe I'm just too lazy to actually turn to the channel.