Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can We Really Have It All?

Started by Squealers, January 20, 2006, 05:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squealers

Few Universities or Colleges excel in both Basketball and Football.  Usually, there is greater strength and stature in either one, but rarely both.  I know there are exceptions to this rule, as there are to all rules......but can we be different than the norm? 

Does the University of Arkansas have the resources and the commitment to excel at both programs at the same time?  Or, is the focus being directed to one sport over the other at this time in our history, and are we beginning to see this shift in our basketball program?  I wonder aloud if Hogs Hoops are not the main priority for the powers officed at the Hill.  Can we have both a basketball and football powerhouse program?

I welcome your thoughts.

HWF

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Tater Salad

It would be nice if we excel in at least one.

hoggystyle78

I can't think of the name of the overall athletic trophy awarded to the best overall program, but if memory serves me correctly Arkansas is usually ranked fairly high, with the exception maybe being the last 3-4 years. I hate the Texas Longhorns with a passion, but you have to admire their athletic dept., NC in football, NC in Baseball and a pretty damn good BB team to boot. If they can do it why can't the Hogs?, it's not $$, ever heard of Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, or Tyson foods?

HatfieldHog

I'm not sure if we could have both or not,  but I wish that the two big sports
would just quit trying to compete for the worst, and one of them step up to
win something.

That's the way it looks from here.    See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!