Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Problems with Heath

Started by hogfan064, January 20, 2006, 03:13:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

1. Doesn't understand our fans and tradition.  Notice the confused look during the Hog call at his first press conference

2. Speaks about our goal should be to make it to NCAA tourney.  No, our goal is to win the National Championship or make the Final 4.  Listen to the preseason interview he had with FSN. He stated that Arkansas had all the components to be a NCAA tourney team.  Hey Stan, Winthrop is a NCAA tourney team, we want a NC contender. North Carolina doesn't just want a NCAA tourney team and neither does Kentucky.  Stan's way of thinking might work at South Carolina or Vanderbilt, but not here

3. Doesn't love Arkansas.  He shows no love for the school.  What has he ever done to show he loves the state or the school?  The man is a midwest guy, not an Arkansas man.   

razorson

The difference of us competeing for the sec title is our coach any fool can see that, just look @ Tenn.

Hogs4Ever

The ONLY problem I have with Heath is that he can't win in the SEC.

100+GM HAWG

Bruce Pearl is a perfect example of what some tenacity and defense can do. Granted, the man is a wild man, but watch his guys play. They give him everything.

He also hired one Scott Edgar to help implement some (Nolan) defenses and recruit. Anyone that knows anything about Arkansas b-ball knows the man is a great recruiter.

hogoh

How exactly do you "show love" for the state, and what difference does that make?  If being an "Arkansas man" (whatever that means) is a criteria for our head coaches, that probably eliminates 99% of the available candidate pool.

hogfan064

Anyone who has ever had a job knows that if you love the company you work for and enjoy the area which you are located, then you will do a better job at your position.  This is true in the coaching world and the real world.  I'm sure many understand what I'm saying.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on January 20, 2006, 03:35:17 pm
The ONLY problem I have with Heath is that he can't win in the SEC.
People keep talking about how tough the SEC is in Basketball.  Granted, it is no Sunbelt Conference, but it is no ACC, Big East, or Big Ten, either.  We have Florida and MAYBE LSU who could compete in those conferences - THAT'S IT. 
One thing I was thinking about last night, as I watch my beloved Tarheels lose to Virginia, was that except for last year, UA had won a National Title more recently than UNC.  They won in 93, we won in 94.  Since then, think of the players they have been able to acquire:  Ed Cota, Brendan Heywood, Raymond Felton, Rashad McCants, Jawad Williams, Sean May, Vince Carter, Antwan Jamison, Jerry Stackhouse, and Rasheed Wallace.  That is not to mention the class that Williams recruited this past year and the recruiting class coming in.  Who are the players that we were able to land.  Joe Johnson is the ONLY one who panned out to be worth anything. 
Some would say that Arkansas has had more drama than UNC, but that is not true.  The whole episode with Matt Dougherty was almost as bad as the Nolan scandal.  Is it the AD who is to blame?  I don't know, but I for one have put my expectations of the UA Basketball team on the same level as UNC.  This year my expectations have come down and I am dissappointed.  It is time to bring the legacy back to the Hill.  SEC or not, Heath is not a good fit.

Tater Salad

Quote from: JFen on January 20, 2006, 04:35:38 pm
Joe Johnson is the ONLY one who panned out to be worth anything.

Jannero Pargo's not doing too bad either.

WILL CLINTON

kareem reid and brandon dean tore up the ABL!!!
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Tater Salad

and olu famutimi.....oh...wait...nevermind

justahogfan

Quote from: opineonswine on January 20, 2006, 03:16:15 pm
Perhaps the biggest problem of all is this. IF he makes it here, which would mean a return to prominence, he will be attractive to other schools...many in the upper midwest. If he doesn't return us to prominence he's gone. Either way, I wouldn't get too cozy with Stan, a guy I like, because he isn't likely to be here long.

It's fairly common knowledge around NWA that his wife is not a fan of being here.
i agree. its one of those things that you just can't put your finger on....just seems not really connected to the fans..

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Tater Salad on January 20, 2006, 04:43:12 pm
Quote from: JFen on January 20, 2006, 04:35:38 pm
Joe Johnson is the ONLY one who panned out to be worth anything.

Jannero Pargo's not doing too bad either.

I know you aren't arguing and let me give you that one.  But if I mention Pargo, then I can mention the other guys from UNC that have "not been doing too bad either."  Joseph Forte, Kris Lang.

Is it unreasonable to compare the two programs?