Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Message to Damien Williams

Started by StoneTemplePiglet, January 20, 2006, 01:12:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneTemplePiglet

I'm not sure if he frequents this board, but I need to get this off my chest. It is none of my business, but I am convinced that the absolute best decision you can make is to join your coach, QB, TE, and WR cohorts in Fayetteville. Florida is the obvious and sexy choice, but the upside at UA doesn't even compare.

First of all, at UF you will be one of many special WR's. At UA, you will be a cut above. This will naturally result in more balls, better stats, more publicity, etc.

Second, your history with the coach and QB will make you a natural choice as the go to guy from both a play calling and route selection perspective. Ditto the comment on touches above.

Third, there is no comparison between the backs at UA to those at UF. McFadden, Hillis, and Jones along with Monk on the other side will command too much attention for you to be double teamed. One on one coverage for four years = ditto touch comments above.

Fourth, the fact that you are from Springdale will make you an instant fan favorite. Everyone loves the in state guys that show loyalty and hold them in a special light.

Fifth, although Florida had a better record last year, the Hogs are seen by everyone in the media as a real up and coming program. Most pick us to compete for the SECC next year. The Hogs played Bama off their feet on the same field that UF got drilled the following week.

Sixth, God forbid you get injured or something prevents you from reaching the NFL, you can get your degree from the Walton School of Business (a top 20 program) and write your check with one of many world class corporations in state (Wal Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, Alltel, Stephens, etc.) Do you think you will get that treatment in Florida over their home grown kids?

Finally, Florida has never been a national powerhouse without Steve Spurrier on campus. Throughout their history they have been mediocre at best except during the Spurrier campain. On the other hand, UA has a rich history of excellence dating back to the 1960's. Don't get caught up in the UF superiority complex. They ain't Southern Cal or Notre Dame. They are no better than UA, Auburn, or LSU over the test of time. Every school has peeks and valleys. With Gus and the Springdale crew joining the 20 returning starters already on campus, the peek is about to happen on the Hill. Don't miss out. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

StoneTemplePiglet

Will and admin please fix my ignorance and delete this follow up.

benswinesmoney

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglet on January 20, 2006, 01:12:22 pm
I'm not sure if he frequents this board, but I need to get this off my chest. It is none of my business, but I am convinced that the absolute best decision you can make is to join your coach, QB, TE, and WR cohorts in Fayetteville. Florida is the obvious and sexy choice, but the upside at UA doesn't even compare.

First of all, at UF you will be one of many special WR's. At UA, you will be a cut above. This will naturally result in more balls, better stats, more publicity, etc.

Second, your history with the coach and QB will make you a natural choice as the go to guy from both a play calling and route selection perspective. Ditto the comment on touches above.

Third, there is no comparison between the backs at UA to those at UF. McFadden, Hillis, and Jones along with Monk on the other side will command too much attention for you to be double teamed. One on one coverage for four years = ditto touch comments above.

Fourth, the fact that you are from Springdale will make you an instant fan favorite. Everyone loves the in state guys that show loyalty and hold them in a special light.

Fifth, although Florida had a better record last year, the Hogs are seen by everyone in the media as a real up and coming program. Most pick us to compete for the SECC next year. The Hogs played Bama off their feet on the same field that UF got drilled the following week.

Sixth, God forbid you get injured or something prevents you from reaching the NFL, you can get your degree from the Walton School of Business (a top 20 program) and write your check with one of many world class corporations in state (Wal Mart, Tyson, JB Hunt, Alltel, Stephens, etc.) Do you think you will get that treatment in Florida over their home grown kids?

Finally, Florida has never been a national powerhouse without Steve Spurrier on campus. Throughout their history they have been mediocre at best except during the Spurrier campain. On the other hand, UA has a rich history of excellence dating back to the 1960's. Don't get caught up in the UF superiority complex. They ain't Southern Cal or Notre Dame. They are no better than UA, Auburn, or LSU over the test of time. Every school has peeks and valleys. With Gus and the Springdale crew joining the 20 returning starters already on campus, the peek is about to happen on the Hill. Don't miss out. You will regret it for the rest of your life.

Well said.  People forget where we've been when they look at how frustrating the recent couple of years have been.  Even in the Nutt era, I remember a LOT of griping from our fans about going to the Indy Bowl.  Why would that happen?  Because we have had and expect better.  We'll be there again soon enough.

pfrg999

DW is a VERY smart and talented Guy.... More than likely he will choose....Fla.... But we have an excellent opportunity to Land him... DW will do what is best for him... and I commend him on that... Love to see him in Cardinal and white.... But he is smart he will do what is in his best interest...

psst... hey damian... psst... yeah you.. arkansas rocks... you will love it here... yes you will... close to mom... geeting to catch more td's from mitch... like chris leak is going to do you any favors... but man all those td's in high school but in college...shhhh, don't get too excited someone will hear... but you , mitch, ben and andrew... in the system you love... man.. not trying to make up your mind or anything... but would'nt it be cool... yeah i thought so... shhhh... see you on feb1st... Wink
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

firecampbell

TOUCHDOWN RAZORBACKS!!! OH MY WHAT A PLAY! DAMIAN WILLIAMS BEAT HIS MAN OVER THE MIDDLE AND CATCHES THE PASS FROM MUSTAIN TO PUT THE HOGS UP WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE REMAINING IN THE BALL GAME!!!

*see damian, doesn't that just feel good?! 

Hugehogsfan

I really think that they should have Paul cut that for them if they could do that without violating any NCAA rules.  I think that could sway him to pick us over those gators.

Tomhog™

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on January 20, 2006, 01:21:47 pm
3. He doesn't read this board.

I wonder why he doesn't read Hogville.  I would think he'd find our posts amusing. I would think the only reason he wouldn't come here is because he has no interest in the Hogs.  But maybe he's been told we're a bunch of psychopaths! LOL  :o