Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan's Comments

Started by 100+GM HAWG, January 20, 2006, 12:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

100+GM HAWG

Before the Missouri game I read a story in a Columbia paper were Stan was quoted saying, "I think our fans think that this program was winning championships just the other day."

Stan doesn't get the tradition at Arkansas. He doesn't have anyone on his staff that gets it. His wife doesn't like it here. And rest assured that if he ever pulled a breakthrough season out of his --- he would be on the first thing smoking out of town. He would head north as fast as he could. Why should we be loyal any longer. His product sucks, and he has zero toughness. IE ( "I wish it would have been fair"). Those poor refs just took that game from poor Stanny poo..

He doesn't understand the tradition or really appreciate. Mike Nail had to make the comment to Stan on both postgame interviews last week that there was over 18,000 people here today. Only then to Stan acknowledge the crowd.. So he really doesn't acknowledge the people after wins or losses without some prodding.. 

I'm so sick of this basketball program I can hardly stand it...   :puke:   

He has got to go.....!!!!!!

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

He doesn't get it or appreciate it.

Hogs4Ever

The programs winning ways were recent until Heath took over.  Now they are a distant memory.  The guy can't hack it in the SEC.

claycohog

I hate it for everyone, but there is no way around it.  Heath must go.

sooie dog

I was hoping the comment was something along the lines of "pay me my money and they can have my job". 

Rayzor

I am sure stan doesn't like it here.  He knows why he was hired and has tried to "Prove" that he is a legit coach.  The longer we don't win the more it becomes clear that his being hired was not just to win basketball games....

snag

Man, now guys are going after Heath's wife! Is there no end?!? I guess somebody's sister who works with a close friend of Stan Heath's wife's best friend passed this information on>:(

hogfan064

I never have heard that quote before, but that just makes me very angry.  Hey Stan 2 years before you came we had won the SEC Tournament Championship.  2 years isn't a long time buddy.  Neither is 11.  You are coaching the 2nd best program in the SEC, you need to quit making excuses or get the heck out of Arkansas.  Learn our tradition, learn our passion, and learn our fans.  Don't tell me we're far removed from the Championship days.  I know about Arkansas basketball.... Stan Heath you don't!

hogoh

Could we leave his wife out of it?  Geez. . .

hogfan064

Well, if in fact his wife has a problem with Arkansas and its people I have a problem with that.  But I don't think she's ever said anything like that, so yes leave her out.  But if she ever did come out and say anything negative about the state then feel free to critique her.

Nutt_Hate_Me

I wouldn't care if his wife said all of NWA smelled like 6 tons of chicken stuff if we were winning.

I don't care what she thinks about it or the people now.

All I want is a winning program if that means hiring a coach that has one eye, drools, and walks with a limp I don't *** care as long as he puts W's on the board.  If he wants to Party with Coeds, Fine as long as you win.  If he likes getting lap dances, Fine meet me at the Red Barn across the border and the first table dance is on me, as long as you are winning.  I don't care what he does in his private life as long as it's legal.  I just don't give a stuff as long as the Hogs win.  That's all I want.

Who here would care if you coach wore a dress as long as he was beating John Brady on a regular basis, it would even be better. Hey Brady our coach just kicked your a$$ and he wears a dress you tool
It's great to be home.

dmhog v2.0

I've heard that a few times about Heath's wife. My question is, how does anyone really know that? How do you know that 100+GM HAWG?

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on January 20, 2006, 12:52:14 pm
Before the Missouri game I read a story in a Columbia paper were Stan was quoted saying, "I think our fans think that this program was winning championships just the other day."

If that's true that is an unacceptable quote.

Why do I get the feeling some of these Arkansas coaches think it's their right to be a coach here?

There is no loyalty to fans anymore.

CalHog

I have never seen so many fence straddling cry babies in all my life and I have around for awhile.  If the HOGS win you jump to that side, if they lose, you jump right back over to the other side.

Whatever happened to the idea of getting behind something and showing support through thick and thin...for better or for worse?

tbhogfan

Quote from: CalHog on January 20, 2006, 02:10:53 pm
I have never seen so many fence straddling cry babies in all my life and I have around for awhile. If the HOGS win you jump to that side, if they lose, you jump right back over to the other side.

Whatever happened to the idea of getting behind something and showing support through thick and thin...for better or for worse?

Unfortunately, this is not a marriage, this is a highly paid coach--- who has been highly paid to win.

I have great respect for Stan, and I want him to do great.  But the bottom line is that the coach is paid to win, not be a really great person.  The team has veterans, size and experience.  It has one of the top players in the country.  It is time to turn potential into results.
Go Hogs!

nobballconcept

remember how he and wife looked at his press conference when everyone began calling the hogs....right then and there I knew we had a problem.  he does not understand our tradition.

hogfan064

I don't feel sorry for any man who makes nearly 1 million a year.  Trust me there are alot of other people who have it much worse than Stan Heath and they have more stress than he has.

dirthog

stan has had my respect until this year. he has brought in highly toughted recruits, but can do nothing with them.  personally I think that he could be a good coach if he loses the nice guy demeanor. our problem is we have no pure shooters.  this suggsets to me that we need to drop the motion and run the court.  this becomes even more evident if Heath stays with the strategy of trying to play two deep at every postion.  subbing in players with less talent is ok with me as long as we are burning the legs of the opposing team. wouldn't we all love to hear dickie V say "Arkansas - 40 minutes of hell baby'.
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

hogfan064

They looked confused when we called the Hogs at that press conference and that has always bothered me.  If you don't respect our biggest tradition then you have insulted 2.5 million people across the State of Arkansas and Hog fans elsewhere like myself.

arthurhawgerelli

This is pitiful.

Would one of you moderators clean up the stuff about his wife?  Leave his family out of it.  This is exactly the same crap people were doing when Nolan first came.

Actually, moderators forget what I said, you guys have the ability to modify your posts.  Be a man and go back and leave her out of your posts.

Hawgon

I realized that he didn't understand our tradition after last season.  He was giving an interview and he stated how we were just a win or two from being an NCAA Tournament team.  HELLO!  Being a "tournament team" is just a nice start.  With Arkansas it should be a given.  Arkansas fans expect a "nice run" in the tournament.  We expect to regularly go to the Sweet 16 and make a serious run at the Final Four pretty regularly.  That is why I can't really get excited about this team even if they turn it around.  Does anyone actually see us winning a game or two if we somehow make it to the NCAAs?  I don't and I can't really get excited about a one and out appearence.

Stan had no idea what he was getting into when he took this job and he does not have the intensity to coach at a program like this.

Niels Boar

QuoteBefore the Missouri game I read a story in a Columbia paper were Stan was quoted saying, "I think our fans think that this program was winning championships just the other day."

Does he know we were in the NCAAT 4 of the previous 5 years before he showed up, 13 of the previous 15?  Asking for a bid and a winning SEC record in his fourth year is simply a minimum job requirement, whether he likes it or not.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on January 20, 2006, 01:58:40 pm
I wouldn't care if his wife said all of NWA smelled like 6 tons of chicken stuff if we were winning.

I don't care what she thinks about it or the people now.

All I want is a winning program if that means hiring a coach that has one eye, drools, and walks with a limp I don't *** care as long as he puts W's on the board. If he wants to Party with Coeds, Fine as long as you win. If he likes getting lap dances, Fine meet me at the Red Barn across the border and the first table dance is on me, as long as you are winning. I don't care what he does in his private life as long as it's legal. I just don't give a stuff as long as the Hogs win. That's all I want.

Who here would care if you coach wore a dress as long as he was beating John Brady on a regular basis, it would even be better. Hey Brady our coach just kicked your a$$ and he wears a dress you tool

Then Nolan would be ok with you, as long as he was winning?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

100+GM HAWG

I haven't called her name or made fun of his wife. I have just simply said that she does not like Arkansas and that will influence Stan.

How is saying she has been critical about Arkansas, attacking her? What name have I called her? How have I attacked her personally

I haven't... Just stated what I believe to be a fact and how that might influence Stan.  Similiar to the way we might talk about how a parent feels about certain schools to help determine what a recruit might be thinking..

Calm down guys...

100+GM HAWG

Thank you Opine. I speak the truth.

abq

Quote from: opineonswine on January 20, 2006, 03:24:06 pm

Stan doesn't get the tradition at Arkansas. He doesn't have anyone on his staff that gets it. His wife doesn't like it here. And rest assured that if he ever pulled a breakthrough season out of his --- he would be on the first thing smoking out of town. He would head north as fast as he could. Why should we be loyal any longer. His product sucks, and he has zero toughness. IE ( "I wish it would have been fair"). Those poor refs just took that game from poor Stanny poo..

He doesn't understand the tradition or really appreciate. Mike Nail had to make the comment to Stan on both postgame interviews last week that there was over 18,000 people here today. Only then to Stan acknowledge the crowd.. So he really doesn't acknowledge the people after wins or losses without some prodding..

I'm so sick of this basketball program I can hardly stand it... :puke:

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

VERY WEIRD~!! I just posted similar comments. I did not read this message until just now. Unfortunately, 100+ speaks the truth about Ms. Stan. There are multiple tales but people have been kind not to repeat them.

I think it would be best if everyone continues to be kind and continues not repeating them.

100+GM HAWG

Agreed, but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 20, 2006, 03:03:02 pm
QuoteDoes he know we were in the NCAAT 4 of the previous 5 years before he showed up, 13 of the previous 15? Asking for a bid and a winning SEC record in his fourth year is simply a minimum job requirement, whether he likes it or not.
Great post.  I'm 25 years old and I knew that I couldn't remember a stretch this long without a Tournament appearance.  Those numbers don't lie and their is no misrepresentation there, either.

WILL CLINTON

QuoteBefore the Missouri game I read a story in a Columbia paper were Stan was quoted saying, "I think our fans think that this program was winning championships just the other day."

Does he know we were in the NCAAT 4 of the previous 5 years before he showed up, 13 of the previous 15? Asking for a bid and a winning SEC record in his fourth year is simply a minimum job requirement, whether he likes it or not.

Whether he can do it or not also.  No matter who the coach is, we are a top 10 bball program, of all time.  To me, knowing the Hog Call should be another one, and when he came here, he obviously didn't know either. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

The_Bionic_Pig

LEAVE FAMILY OUT OF POST PLEASE

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

italianhog

for you morons saying these guys are hammering on Heath's wife.....all I read in the first post was that she doesnt like it here....how in the hell is that hammering on his wife....get a grip...thats a fair statement

hog caller

stan is working with what he has he just needs to get pizzed onece on a while.  he needs to look at who he is starting  and who will be with him next year right now. Mccurdy isn't 6'5 but he plays in your face defence. he takes it to the basket and knows who to and when to dish it off. sure he will make an eraaant pass occassionally but that will get better with saeasoning . and oh by the way, he can shoot the three.
what has happened to vincent hunter. has anyone heard?

we have to have more help for Ronnie and Townes.

WPS

pignatious

Stan Heath is totally in over his head. He has no clue what kind of basketball is played in the SEC. He tries to play Big 11 basketball in an athletic, fast paced league. He does not understand or know how to respect Arkansas basketball history, its fans, or its traditions. It was a gamble to hire him, because of his one year wonder status, and it failed. He fit the criteria of what was needed perfectly otherwise, black and a nice guy who talked like he had a system and knew how to get it done. It is incredibly, painfully, embarrassingly obvious that he is not the man for a program of this historic stature. Give him his full four years so that everything is above board, I get it. But, for the sake of the everything that is holy fire Stan Heath when this year is done and get a proven head coach, no matter what color, age, or whatever. I can not stand the fact that Memphis has a better program now than Arkansas does, as does OSU and OU, Mississippi and Mississippi State and on and on. It is past due to start getting the program back to respectability. Get off your lazy butt and do something JFB!
Freedom is never free.

silvertip

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 20, 2006, 01:43:40 pm
I never have heard that quote before, but that just makes me very angry. Hey Stan 2 years before you came we had won the SEC Tournament Championship. 2 years isn't a long time buddy. Neither is 11. You are coaching the 2nd best program in the SEC, you need to quit making excuses or get the heck out of Arkansas. Learn our tradition, learn our passion, and learn our fans. Don't tell me we're far removed from the Championship days. I know about Arkansas basketball.... Stan Heath you don't!

That team that won the SECT in '00 was 15-14 in the season & promptly lost badly to Miami in the first round of the NCAAT.

In '00, '01, '02, that bunch of players went 23-25 in SEC. ! don't have my notes here, but those 3 SEC seasons were like 7-9, 10-6, 6-10. Two losing seasons in Nolan's last 3.

Nolan's last 6 seasons, his teams were 2-4 in NCAA. That's right, TWO NCAAT wins in 6 years---one NIT team---and one team with no postseason invite.

Hogs are not the 2nd best SEC BB program for the last 10 years & you can thank Nolan for the first 6 years of that decline. We are closer to the Hawg BB tradition now than we were the last 3 years of Nolan's decaying regime. ONE NCAAT win this year will equal Nolan's in his last 4. TWO NCAAT wins combined this year & the next 2 will equal Nolan's in his last 6. Except now, we on the way up instead of on the way down.

As for you 10 GM, comments about coaches family are totally out of line and you are quickly making a fool of yourself.

silvertip

Quote from: abq on January 20, 2006, 03:57:56 pm
Quote from: opineonswine on January 20, 2006, 03:24:06 pm

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

VERY WEIRD~!! I just posted similar comments. I did not read this message until just now. Unfortunately, 100+ speaks the truth about Ms. Stan. There are multiple tales but people have been kind not to repeat them.

I think it would be best if everyone continues to be kind and continues not repeating them.

Is that the best you can do abg? I thought remarks about coaches & recruits families were off limits? If these guys want to say, " I heard bad things about Nutt's wife"---is that OK as long as they don't repeat the details?

silvertip

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on January 20, 2006, 03:07:11 pm
I haven't called her name or made fun of his wife. I have just simply said that she does not like Arkansas and that will influence Stan.

How is saying she has been critical about Arkansas, attacking her? What name have I called her? How have I attacked her personally

I haven't... Just stated what I believe to be a fact and how that might influence Stan. Similiar to the way we might talk about how a parent feels about certain schools to help determine what a recruit might be thinking..

Calm down guys...

I'm not calming down. The topic should be job performance & sports. You are using his wife's feelings as just another part of your endless Heath bashing & that, sir, IS LOW-LIFE.

Yeah, I heard your wife doesn't like it around here either. Maybe she gets sick of the whining.

Cajun Hog

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

GREAT POST... Stan NOT THE MAN Heath must GOOOOOOOOOO.

DuckDuster

All wives should be off limits GENTLEMEN

abq

Quote from: silvertip on January 20, 2006, 08:15:42 pm

Is that the best you can do abg? I thought remarks about coaches & recruits families were off limits? If these guys want to say, " I heard bad things about Nutt's wife"---is that OK as long as they don't repeat the details?

Personally, I think it's low class and inappropriate. However, we have many fans who are low class and inappropriate. Should I bury everything they say, or should I give the decent citizens of Arkansas a chance to refute the things those posters say? Shouldn't you guys get the opportunity to put this guy in his place and thereby set an example of what the good citizens of our great state think?

What would you have me do? Please, let me know. God knows we all get paid millions of dollars to hang on every [CENSORED] post and consider it's validity and appropriateness.

silvertip

Does he know we were in the NCAAT 4 of the previous 5 years before he showed up, 13 of the previous 15? Asking for a bid and a winning SEC record in his fourth year is simply a minimum job requirement, whether he likes it or not.

Do you know that we were in the NCAAT NINE straight years before Nolan showed up? Then it took Nolan 3 years to get back there.

And Nolan had the luxury of not following Nolan. What took Nolan 3 years to get to the NCAAT after Eddie had been to 9 straight? Must have been coaching.

silvertip

Quote from: Mystery Recruit on January 20, 2006, 02:05:16 pm

Why do I get the feeling some of these Arkansas coaches think it's their right to be a coach here?

Fans are getting as much loyalty from Stan as they deserve. Read the crap in this thread and the other 300 just like it.

What Stan said is exactly right & exactly appropriate. All you hear is Nolan this and Nolan that from a bunch of young punks who wouldn't know Eddie Sutton from Noah. Meanwhile, Stan has been busting his ass non-stop for 3 years trying to clean up Nolan's cesspool. And bringing blue-chip recruits who wouldn't have given Nolan any consideration.

If Hogs fire Stan after this season, all you whiners won't see a decent BB program here for 20 years. And desevedly so. Fortunately, 20-year-olds don't make the decisions around here.

Flatfoot

Heath you suck!  2-24 on the road.  No conference tournament wins, No invitations to the dance, so do the right thing and Resign!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

lunchbox72703

I want Heath gone...but with that being said....I wish to see a link to this "article" before I lend creedance to his quote

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: silvertip on January 21, 2006, 12:09:44 am
Quote from: Mystery Recruit on January 20, 2006, 02:05:16 pm

Fans are getting as much loyalty from Stan as they deserve. Read the crap in this thread and the other 300 just like it.

What Stan said is exactly right & exactly appropriate. All you hear is Nolan this and Nolan that from a bunch of young punks who wouldn't know Eddie Sutton from Noah. Meanwhile, Stan has been busting his ass non-stop for 3 years trying to clean up Nolan's cesspool. And bringing blue-chip recruits who wouldn't have given Nolan any consideration.

If Hogs fire Stan after this season, all you whiners won't see a decent BB program here for 20 years. And desevedly so. Fortunately, 20-year-olds don't make the decisions around here.

It's not appropriate, if it were said.
It's telling fans they need to accept losing and it's making an excuse for doing it.

Arkansas doesn't HAVE to be in the shape they are in now - even in football.
It's suspect descision making that has brought us there.  It's doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.  This basketball team continues to struggle scoring, continues to dribble the ball under the basket, and stand around on offense.  It's the same results with different players.  Why?

The only difference is we haven't lost to the early pre-SEC teams at home.  We didn't last year either.

misscohogg

Good post Silvertip, some of my own sentiments

HairyHog

My gripe is with Stan.  3 road wins in his career at Arkansas is not acceptable.

What his wife says or thinks is of no importance.  She was not hired to be the head coach.

If she doesn't like NW Ark, then let her convince HIM to seek employment elsewhere.

Leave Her and his Family out of the discussion....PERIOD.

Snoop Hoggy Hog

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

Here is the article.

http://columbiamissourian.com/sports/story.php?ID=17333

dhornjr1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
PIG!!!!!!!!SOOIEE!!!!!!!
;D :D

Woo, Pig, Sooie? ??? :-[

Ugly Uncle

Beautiful picture.

Stan doesn't understand it...maybe because when he got here we were a wreck.  Stan hasn't exactly righted the ship...is there someone out there that thinks we are still a power waiting to wake up?  Patino?  Anyone?

Bring in someone that believes we belong and deserve to be there.

NO MORE EXCUSE...NOT FROM BWA OR RRS. 
Retired Radio Host