Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas and Tennessee are ranked closely together

Started by TulsaHawg, January 20, 2006, 08:17:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

January 20, 2006, 08:17:49 am Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 08:19:41 am by TulsaHawg
by Rivals in recruiting at this point.

UT is ranked 27th, and UA is ranked 31st.  Both UA and UT have 1 Five Star Recruit, and 3 Four Star Recruits.  UT has 10 Three Star Recruits and UA has 7.

Doesn't seem that all there recent tradition, being proactive in making changes at the end of the season, Fulmer's letter of apology, hiring Cut, etc, has made much more difference than HDN's "dragging-his-feet", more deliberate approach when it has come to recruiting.

This recruiting season may not sink to the depths that some of the gloom-and-doomers have predicted.  As my sig indicates, some recruiting professionals, think this class may end up being one of Arkansas' best.

Also notice where we are compared to Va Tech.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2006&Page=2&Type=0&Sort=0

Mike Tencleve

I hope you are correct, but i think that UT is just having a bad recruiting year. We need to finish strong.

Biggus Piggus

Holy crap, Tulsa, one of the best?  Where the Frank do you get that?  Our weekend visit list includes a dozen guys they had to add to the database because they weren't even in there being recruited/offered by anybody.  Yup, going swimmingly.
[CENSORED]!

MBAHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2006, 09:39:16 am
Holy crap, Tulsa, one of the best? Where the frick do you get that? Our weekend visit list includes a dozen guys they had to add to the database because they weren't even in there being recruited/offered by anybody. Yup, going swimmingly.

Did you even read his quote?  He got that from Max Emfinger.

"This could be one of Arkansas' best classes ever." Max Emfinger

hogsanity

Recruiting rankings are about as inconsistent as SEC refs.  And they dont mean alot.  Look at how many times TX has had a top 5 class yet have 1 NC in the last 35 years, and they only got that because USC never got it through their heads that Vince young might run.

TN can afford to have a bad year anymore than we can.  If Tn starts whiffing out of state they are dead. 

As for this AR class.  It very well may end up ranked around 26th which will only be probably 7th in the SEC, but will it address our needs?  It has a Qb, couple WR, couple Lb's.  a TE.  So far 2 or 3 Ol.  If we get a couple Dl ( good ones 0 it will have been a good class.  It may turn out to be one of the best if MM and Co live up to the hype, and we build on it in next years class. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2006, 09:39:16 am
Holy crap, Tulsa, one of the best? Where the frick do you get that? Our weekend visit list includes a dozen guys they had to add to the database because they weren't even in there being recruited/offered by anybody. Yup, going swimmingly.

Uhhhhh...... from Max Emfinger?   8)