Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why the Hate?

Started by travelguy, January 19, 2006, 05:22:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

travelguy

I am just trying to understand why you all hate the coaches.  I understand that they have had bad seasons, but the total hatred people are showing, especially toward Nutt is disgusting.  Can someone speculate on this and help me understand? 

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: travelguy on January 19, 2006, 05:22:04 pm
I am just trying to understand why you all hate the coaches. I understand that they have had bad seasons, but the total hatred people are showing, especially toward Nutt is disgusting. Can someone speculate on this and help me understand?

Because he can't coach and we went 9-12 over the last two years. Next question.

snag

The psychological term is "blame-shifting" - somebody's got to be blamed for my miserable life.

Mike Tencleve

we as fans loved Arkansas, we want to win every single game and when that doesn't happen we lash out. The coaches are the easy target.

travelguy

But to HATE someone because your team loses, seems a little ridiculous.  I don't like the coaching ability but I am not about to HATE someone because of it.  Look, it is only sports and it is taken way to seriously.  I know this because I have the same tendency.  I love the Hogs and hate to see them lose, but I am not going to stoop to the level of hatred.  Coaches, are, after all, human beings and we should treat them as such.  I am just saying, STOP the hate.

travelguy

so, hating a guy because of a few bad seasons justifies the hatred?  that seems pretty lame and very wrong.

Call Mr. Sow

You can't hate Nutt just because he's incompetent.  That's out of his control.  You can't hate him for taking the money the UA forces on him...there's not a person in here who would turn down that cash.  You can't hate him for still having a job here...he's done everything he can to get out one way or the other, but NO ONE WILL FIRE HIM!

The hate has to be directed higher up.

WilsonHog

Quote from: travelguy on January 19, 2006, 05:33:57 pm
But to HATE someone because your team loses, seems a little ridiculous. I don't like the coaching ability but I am not about to HATE someone because of it. Look, it is only sports and it is taken way to seriously. I know this because I have the same tendency. I love the Hogs and hate to see them lose, but I am not going to stoop to the level of hatred. Coaches, are, after all, human beings and we should treat them as such. I am just saying, STOP the hate.

Look, I don't hate anyone. Hate, or love, has nothing to do with it.

It's business. Period. Coaches are hired to win games and produce championships. When they don't over a protracted period of time, then they deserve to be fired. Whether a coach is a "nice guy" or not has nothing to do with it. Being a "nice guy" is not some magical point in a person's favor when it comes time to evaluate job performance. 

hogman64

I am just trying to understand why you all hate the coaches. I understand that they have had bad seasons, but the total hatred people are showing, especially toward Nutt is disgusting. Can someone speculate on this and help me understand?

Very few if anyone on here really hate the coaches.. where did you get that.. hog fans are passionate and expect us to be competitive  at the  least.......why do most people think the coaches are doing  bad jobs?.........because in the last 100  conference basketball and football games, we have won 35.....any more questions??

pfrg999

We don't like to lose... a loss is acceptable - but we have LOSING FB 5-6, 4-7, / BB  9-19, 12-16, 18-12 (13-1 then 5-11) including 5 out od the last 6... That my friends in losing... not a loss... if we had been 3-0 in the SEC before this... it would be a loss 1-3 that is losing ... I STILL THINK HILL IS GETTING ALOT BETTER... needs to score more but 6 pts, 6 rbs, 7 blks.... But 5 fouls (2 VERY questionable)

But we hate losing and will not stand for it... Not a loss, but losing
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

RoboRazor

Quote from: travelguy on January 19, 2006, 05:45:18 pm
that seems pretty lame and very wrong.

This thread is lame. :razorback:

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 19, 2006, 05:28:16 pm

I don't hate Houston Nutt. I used to be one of his biggest supporters. He is in over his head. He should have admitted this long ago, but he doesn't. He blames everybody but himself. He has fought hiring an offensive coordinator despite leading the leauge in wasted timeouts, especially coming back from a tv timeout and having to call one. The player (Matt Jones) who made him a millionaire was treated like a stepchild by him. He insists on keeping assistant coaches on the payroll who are terrible. I could go on, but you probably see my point.

Heath, though a nice guy, just doesn't seem to know how to teach. Seemingly a good recruiter, not one guy on the team would beat my 9 year old son in a game of h-o-r-s-e because they cannot shoot. A simple 2-3 zone puzzles them. The few times his teams are allowed to run a transition game, they look similar to some of the teams from the 90's, but for some reason, this is not important to Heath. He wants to play Big 10 ball with SEC kids. I could go on.

Why don't you give us some reasons (other than they are the coach of the Razorbacks, so we should support them, because some people would say that if Hitler was the coach, and I'm not comparing either guy to him, but making a point).

Corey Beck and Dwight Stewart will be looking for you after even mentioning anything Heath has put on the floor as resembling the worst team from the 90's.  That's like the difference between Boys and girls club pee-wee basketball shooting on the small goals, and the NBA...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

HBH, nice to see you back..
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

travelguy

thread is lame but yet here you are mild one.  why do you always have to butt into my threads?  do u have a problem with me expressing my views?

Hogs4Ever

Tater Salad

Quote from: travelguy on January 14, 2006, 07:48:58 am
You guys are awesome.  You know so much about how the games of basketball and football should be coached and you give your insight and opinions.  Man, the rest of us are so lucky to have you around.  Perhaps we can have your insight as coach of the Razorbacks when Heath and Nutt are fired.  Please, apply for the position.  We need you, as well as your realistic (some may say negative) views of the games.  Thanks in advance for applying!

I don't like your posts and threads either. Especially this one ^^^^^^^

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Tater Salad on January 19, 2006, 08:07:27 pm
You guys are awesome.  You know so much about how the games of basketball and football should be coached and you give your insight and opinions.  Man, the rest of us are so lucky to have you around.  Perhaps we can have your insight as coach of the Razorbacks when Heath and Nutt are fired.  Please, apply for the position.  We need you, as well as your realistic (some may say negative) views of the games.  Thanks in advance for applying!

Amen, Tater.  There's nothing worse than some jackass asking "Can you do better?"

PIGINAPOKE

The facts: We have two coaches who can not win in conference games.PERIOD !

Heath to me is a  H.S. coach, Nothing more.He has no fire to compete at the college level, So what he got to the 8 once..So what? Since?

He looks more like a mascot than a coach on the sidelines?

Yet the UOA Pays and supports These two losers

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

pfrg999

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 19, 2006, 08:18:54 pm
Quote from: Tater Salad on January 19, 2006, 08:07:27 pm

Amen, Tater.  There's nothing worse than some jackass asking "Can you do better?"

Hime and Cousineddie are two of the same breed.... The A$$ kind... Travelguy...keep traveling
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

RoboRazor

Quote from: travelguy on January 19, 2006, 07:59:26 pm
thread is lame but yet here you are mild one. why do you always have to butt into my threads? do u have a problem with me expressing my views?

Apparently, everyone has a problem with you expressing your views. :razorback:

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: travelguy on January 19, 2006, 05:45:18 pm
so, hating a guy because of a few bad seasons justifies the hatred? that seems pretty lame and very wrong.
It's not literally "hate", Houston...I mean travelguy.  Just tired of the all-around embarrassment Nutt has brought to the program.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Why would you "love" a coach unconditionally no matter how bad he was?  That makes no sense...works great with Marriage, Families, Friends.  Not Coaches.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

travelguy

So the question is.....who would you all like to see coach?  Butch Davis, obvious answer and for basketbal...Tubby Smith or Mike Anderson.

travelguy

and then, when they have a bad season, then what???

Biggus Piggus

This is the last time we're allowed to be dissatisfied with losing.  In the future, Arkansas's going to hire great coaches for the money programs, and then we won't be allowed to be unhappy regardless of what they do.

Sheesh.
[CENSORED]!

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 19, 2006, 05:28:16 pm

I don't hate Houston Nutt. I used to be one of his biggest supporters. He is in over his head. He should have admitted this long ago, but he doesn't. He blames everybody but himself. He has fought hiring an offensive coordinator despite leading the leauge in wasted timeouts, especially coming back from a tv timeout and having to call one. The player (Matt Jones) who made him a millionaire was treated like a stepchild by him. He insists on keeping assistant coaches on the payroll who are terrible. I could go on, but you probably see my point.

Heath, though a nice guy, just doesn't seem to know how to teach. Seemingly a good recruiter, not one guy on the team would beat my 9 year old son in a game of h-o-r-s-e because they cannot shoot. A simple 2-3 zone puzzles them. The few times his teams are allowed to run a transition game, they look similar to some of the teams from the 90's, but for some reason, this is not important to Heath. He wants to play Big 10 ball with SEC kids. I could go on.

Why don't you give us some reasons (other than they are the coach of the Razorbacks, so we should support them, because some people would say that if Hitler was the coach, and I'm not comparing either guy to him, but making a point).

I am still one of HDN's biggest supporters.  I have heard so many people say "He's in over his head."  We all have been in over our heads in some area in our lives. That's not a big deal...you either SINk or SWIM.  He has had two bad seasons, which was preceded by six good seasons (at least in comparison to the eight years before he became coach), and he has made some good offensive changes (again, I couldn't care less whether they were forced or not). 

We also have landed the Parade player of the year.  I believe things are looking good for this year. 

I believe that if HDN is "in over his head" which some of you are fond of saying, then let's sit back and watch to see if he is going to SINK or SWIM.  It will be the first time that he is a CEO type coach, and I personally believe that he will SWIM.

If he doesn't, then let's talk about what we will do then...I choose to stay optimistic about this year, and let the cards fall where they may! 

WPS!   :razorback:

D-macs cuz

I'm just glad he had to hire malzahn and thow away his flag football playbook.

hogsanity

I call it PLAYSTATIN syndrom ( although xbox would fit nicely too).  You will see it referenced from time to time on here ( as in " I played as Ark on NCAA 2006 and Dmac won the heisman and we won the NC" ) like college coaching is a s easy as a video game. 

Most arm chair Qb's or coaches seem to think they actually could do better, even though the extent of their coaching may be pee wee Fb. 

I hate losing, but as long as the coach does nothing illegal ( ie drunk driving ) I cant feel personally about him one way or another because i do not know them personally. 

Some one here just seem to be misewrable people, who get way to much of their self worth from what happens on the field or court of the Hogs. 

Read the stickied threads about children dying or babies with severe problems, then tell me that it is really important in the grand scheme of life where a player goes to school or of a coach yells at the refs or not. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

I have fired numerous employees over the years.  I never HATED any of them...but they needed to be fired, so I did it.

The "why do you hate Nutt" stuff cracks me up.  It sounds like a question a five year old might ask his mommy or daddy.

hogsanity

and many of the posts regarding HDn or Stan Heath sound like the playground name calling you would here from 5 yr olds too. 
I can handle a well thought out rant like a few here are capable of, with facts and examples.  But, so many of them, and calls to radio shows too, are nothing but someone who cant do jack, who thinks they could be a d1 coach, rambling about " I think this and I would do that, and only an idiot would have done that and well what I mean is, um you know, well, what I want to eerrrrrr ummmmmmm say on how to fix things is ummmmm welllll you know        ............................ NUTT SUCKS " 

People who can not carry on an intelligent conversation should not be telling someone how they should do their job.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogInGermany

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2006, 09:03:49 am
I call it PLAYSTATIN syndrom ( although xbox would fit nicely too). You will see it referenced from time to time on here ( as in " I played as Ark on NCAA 2006 and Dmac won the heisman and we won the NC" ) like college coaching is a s easy as a video game.

Most arm chair Qb's or coaches seem to think they actually could do better, even though the extent of their coaching may be pee wee Fb.

I hate losing, but as long as the coach does nothing illegal ( ie drunk driving ) I cant feel personally about him one way or another because i do not know them personally.

Some one here just seem to be misewrable people, who get way to much of their self worth from what happens on the field or court of the Hogs.

Read the stickied threads about children dying or babies with severe problems, then tell me that it is really important in the grand scheme of life where a player goes to school or of a coach yells at the refs or not.

This is the stupidest argument ever.  Nobody is saying that any of us is capable of doing better, but there are plenty of coaches that should have been hired by now that could.

snag

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2006, 09:15:40 am
and many of the posts regarding HDn or Stan Heath sound like the playground name calling you would here from 5 yr olds too.
I can handle a well thought out rant like a few here are capable of, with facts and examples. But, so many of them, and calls to radio shows too, are nothing but someone who cant do jack, who thinks they could be a d1 coach, rambling about " I think this and I would do that, and only an idiot would have done that and well what I mean is, um you know, well, what I want to eerrrrrr ummmmmmm say on how to fix things is ummmmm welllll you know ............................ NUTT SUCKS "

People who can not carry on an intelligent conversation should not be telling someone how they should do their job.

Well said. As usual, when you make an intelligent undeniable point, no response.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 20, 2006, 09:15:40 am
I can handle a well thought out rant like a few here are capable of, with facts and examples. But, so many of them, and calls to radio shows too, are nothing but someone who cant do jack, who thinks they could be a d1 coach, rambling about " I think this and I would do that, and only an idiot would have done that and well what I mean is, um you know, well, what I want to eerrrrrr ummmmmmm say on how to fix things is ummmmm welllll you know ............................ NUTT SUCKS "

I agree hogsanity!  Good post!

Quote from: travelguy on January 20, 2006, 06:59:29 am
and then, when they have a bad season, then what???

"a bad season"..this is why you think we want Nutt gone?  Have you even been following the same coach we are talking about???

Lagavulin16

January 20, 2006, 08:51:59 pm #34 Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 09:07:22 pm by Lagavulin16
By your name your are obviously a guy.  You've seen The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Sopranos, right?
It's not personal, it's bidness.
C'mon, let's have a group hug.  (not)

Quote from: Lagavulin16 on January 20, 2006, 08:51:59 pm
By your name your are obviously a guy. You've seen The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Sopranos, right?
It's not personal, it's bidness.
C'mon, let's have a group hug.

That's right.  There are some things you just cannot do, no matter who you are.

But please..no more hugging.