Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mel Kiper's - top 5 coaches in college football...

Started by Baggerscott, December 31, 2011, 09:17:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Torqued pork

Snider would be on the top of my list. Talk about starting something from nothing...

IronHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 01, 2012, 01:27:33 pm

Do you really hate NWA or is this just your comedy routine?  Serious...
Quote from: Ar_Hog on January 01, 2012, 02:23:30 pm
The You of A is about to pull the LSU game from WMS, he's just butthurt

:serious:

I'm not derailing this thread to address ya'll denial on this issue........

But if a football coach in the OP was going to start a new program from scratch they'd pick NEA over many places.........
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jgphillips3

Petrino isn't warm and fuzzy enough to get a popularity contest vote for a top 5 coach poll. However, flip that poll to: "You are a head coach, name the five coaches who coaching against would give you the most sleepless nights" and Petrino is definitely top five.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: IronHog on January 01, 2012, 02:35:21 pm
I'm not derailing this thread to address ya'll denial on this issue........

But if a football coach in the OP was going to start a new program from scratch they'd pick NEA over many places.........

Yeah... having been born and raised there and spending the majority of my life there... no.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

IronHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 01, 2012, 02:38:27 pm

Yeah... having been born and raised there and spending the majority of my life there... no.

Once again it isn't where a bunch of 5-9 never were white dudes want to live.......it is where to base a college football program.

Baton Rouge and Tuscaloosa are probably not up to ya'lls "good schools" standards either....... but the elite football players don't seem to care....

1.  Even a great coach has to got to a school where he can be a great "fit".... GM is going to clean up in south, central, east Arkansas then go to Miss, Bama, and GA for players that the SEC schools passed on.  He had a similar approach at Tulsa.

2.  Most of the coaches on that list would never consider coaching at UofA because of the recruiting  disadvantages...... be thankful that BP made his way to Arkansas and is enough of a malcontent that he fits perfectly here.....  He is a top 5 football mind IMO.

IronHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 01, 2012, 02:36:00 pm
Petrino isn't warm and fuzzy enough to get a popularity contest vote for a top 5 coach poll. However, flip that poll to: "You are a head coach, name the five coaches who coaching against would give you the most sleepless nights" and Petrino is definitely top five.

What they should have titled the topic was top 5 football program leader.........  no one questions BP skill as a "coach"...he is still working through some of the CEO type stuff though.....

And who would take Spurrier over BP at this point?  They could trade players and BP would still win every game........

PonderinHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 01, 2012, 02:38:27 pm

You got somethin' agin' miskeeters, Al?

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ThunderHog

Malzahn will be a perfect fit in East Arkansas.  I like to agitate some of my family members who went to school at ASU, but in all honesty, the growth of the Jonesboro area and the industry in NEA is impressive.  Baptist Health Systems out of Memphis is in the process of constructing a $400,000,000 medical compex there.  My niece is a pharmacist there and an UAMS graduate and made the move from Little Rock a couple of years ago.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ThunderHog on January 01, 2012, 04:06:15 pm
Malzahn will be a perfect fit in East Arkansas.  I like to agitate some of my family members who went to school at ASU, but in all honesty, the growth of the Jonesboro area and the industry in NEA is impressive.  Baptist Health Systems out of Memphis is in the process of constructing a $400,000,000 medical compex there.  My niece is a pharmacist there and an UAMS graduate and made the move from Little Rock a couple of years ago.
and two good golf courses....Thunder Bayou/Sage Meadows

PP

kaiserhog

Quote from: PurpRoll on December 31, 2011, 04:25:23 pm
That list isn't authentic without Bill Snyder included.
Your are absolutely correct Purp.   However, the Hogs win the Cotton Bowl.  Bill Snyder is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jackflash

Lester Miles, yea sure, the year he left Cow Paddy State for LSWho, he had Texass
(with vince Young) down 35-7 at the half.

Tejas came back and scored a lil ole 59 unanswered points in the 2nd half and beat his dumb a++ 66-35. I guess Kiper, the NFL's Chief Butt Kisser, doesn't remember that little fiasco?

He's only on that list because he benefits from coaching in a State that has more players per capita in the NFL than any other State.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2012, 08:13:29 pm
The biggest joke on that list is Chip Kelly.

33-6 in 3 years and a third BCS bowl game. Why is he a joke?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Smithian on December 31, 2011, 05:48:57 pm
Where's Houston Nutt on this list?

???
John Pelphrey should have made the list....his ability to lay down and have a good bleed while leading a team that beat two top 10 teams within 8 days and then proceeds to go 2-14 in SEC play is a darned difficult feat....yes, yes, I realize that this is a list of college football coaches, but considering the PELPHREY EFFECT, Ginger should have transcended a mere category and made the list of top 5 coaches by his
god-like presence
The long Grey line will never fail our country.