Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kenneth Dixon getting offers (LaTech lean)

Started by CallThoseHawgs, December 30, 2011, 11:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThoseHawgs

Apparently within the next couple of weeks there are 3 SEC teams going to offer Kenneth Dixon. Arkansas is one of those teams.

I think this kid is very underrated, he is SEC caliber in my opinion. 

Huds_HawgTide

if we do and he thinks we need a RB than it will be conditional on garmon and trey williams
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

mmhogs17

CallThoseHawgs

They didn't say who the other two were but the story should be coming out in the next week or two

razorbacksnum1

I hope this is true but why would teams wait three weeks to offer Dixon? Signing day is first of February. It seems if teams were serious they would offer sooner not later.

Huds_HawgTide

hmmm....schools that have had coaching changes and need to fill slots from kids searching elsewhere....i say ole miss and vandy....or tenn
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on December 31, 2011, 12:00:53 am
I hope this is true but why would teams wait three weeks to offer Dixon? Signing day is first of February. It seems if teams were serious they would offer sooner not later.
other targets committed elsewhere. which is why we probably wont take him unless Garmon and other offensive players fall through and go somewhere else/

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on December 31, 2011, 12:04:41 am
hmmm....schools that have had coaching changes and need to fill slots from kids searching elsewhere....i say ole miss and vandy....or tenn

I was thinking those same schools but rivals shows he had some interest in Auburn so I don't know maybe there one of the schools that offered... Who Knows

Huds_HawgTide

well with gus gone maybe auburn would have a more pro-style running attack
tommy boy

SemperFi

I would love to see this young man as a Razorback. If not at RB, could he move to FB, LB'er or Safety? Rivals has him listed at 5'11", 210 lbs and 4.57 forty. He has the size and speed to play multiple positions.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jackflash

look for ASU to try hard to get him. Would fit well in Gus offense

philobeddoe

It wouldn't surprise me to see Dixon stick with La Tech, no matter who else offers.

CallThoseHawgs

December 31, 2011, 09:25:21 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:13:12 pm by CallThoseHawgs
Quote from: philobeddoe on December 31, 2011, 08:55:06 am
It wouldn't surprise me to see Dixon stick with La Tech, no matter who else offers.

In a interview he said if La Tech's coach stayed he would stay, the coach just accepted a extension. So it wouldn't be a surprise, but it would be a steal on their part IMO.

philobeddoe

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 31, 2011, 09:25:21 am
In a interview he said he La Tech's coach stayed he would stay, the coach just accepted a extension. So it wouldn't be a surprise, but it would be a steal on their part IMO.

Absolutely.

songofthesword

you and I bth know that extention doesn't' mean jack crap if the right school comes along. it's about the buyout which I would bet it's pretty close to 0.

ki285

I really wish we would offer this kid. He's a beast.

Hydroguy87

I would love for us to offer. I think, and have stated before, that in my opinion this kid can play major D-1 ball. He may be from a small school but has pretty much the same measurables as Mike Dyer. I will leave that up to CBP though. He knows more than I do. I think whoever gets him is getting a big time steal.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: ki285 on December 31, 2011, 02:49:48 pm
I really wish we would offer this kid. He's a beast.

We are going to offer very soon..

Kicking Wing

I hate to bring it up but the kid said in an interview that he had needed to work on his grades and recruits from south Arkansas historically are the most likely to have eligibility issues.  Hope this isn't the case but it may very well be.

philobeddoe

Quote from: Kicking Wing on January 01, 2012, 11:49:47 am
I hate to bring it up but the kid said in an interview that he had needed to work on his grades and recruits from south Arkansas historically are the most likely to have eligibility issues.  Hope this isn't the case but it may very well be.

Actually, the issue is that he truly flew under the radar.  What happens more than anything, in South Arkansas, is that the coaches spend a very small amount of time advertising their studs.  A lot of people here would be amazed if they knew how close Byran Jones was to going to La. Tech. 

La. Tech exhausted every legal resource they could to get Kenneth.  They became an extension of his family, and I hear that he is going to reward them for that by sticking with them no mater who offers.

yraciv

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 31, 2011, 04:44:23 pm
We are going to offer very soon..

We're on so many higher ranked RB right now and have such limited room left I doubt it. I saw what this kid did in the state championship and agree he probably should be at a bigger program than LA Tech, but I don't think it's going to come from Arkansas. Now MS State or Ole Miss, I could see.

ki285

That would be a class move by dixon. I don't think a lot of people on here relize some of the talent that is in aa. Like you said, athere aren't a lot of coaches in aa that spend much time trying to get there players noticed. I played against kevin payne of junction city in the playoffs my sophomore year and he was the best player I ever played against.  There is no way anubody can convince me that he wouldn't have been a stud at arkansas. I believe the bears drafted him in the 3rd round when hew finished playing at monroe.
Quote from: philobeddoe on January 01, 2012, 01:32:27 pm
Actually, the issue is that he truly flew under the radar.  What happens more than anything, in South Arkansas, is that the coaches spend a very small amount of time advertising their studs.  A lot of people here would be amazed if they knew how close Byran Jones was to going to La. Tech. 

La. Tech exhausted every legal resource they could to get Kenneth.  They became an extension of his family, and I hear that he is going to reward them for that by sticking with them no mater who offers.

philobeddoe

Kenneth Dixon and Defanta Lowe left Fayetteville (camp) a few months ago.  Lowe had an offer and Dixon was told that he might receive one but not to wait on it.  That stung him a little bit.  Personally, I think the Razorback coaching staff got this backwards.   But hey, who do I think I am?.........Bobby Petrino?  :)

Kicking Wing

Does that mean he is academically a qualifier?

songofthesword

1. its' been verified that Byron JOnes was a silent commit to arknasas quite early in the recruiting process so you are wrong there

2. you are a flaming La Tech homer.

if this kid gets an arknasas offer he's going to call the hogs. it's that simple.

philobeddoe

Quote from: songofthesword on January 01, 2012, 10:59:33 pm
1. its' been verified that Byron JOnes was a silent commit to arknasas quite early in the recruiting process so you are wrong there

2. you are a flaming La Tech homer.

if this kid gets an arknasas offer he's going to call the hogs. it's that simple.

Uhh. You obviously have no idea who your are talking to.  Your entire post is completely wrong.  If you don't believe me, ask Tomhog or Richard Davenport about my credentials.  Personally, if I were you, I would be too embarrassed to post here for a while.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: philobeddoe on January 02, 2012, 01:28:19 pm
Uhh. You obviously have no idea who your are talking to.  Your entire post is completely wrong.  If you don't believe me, ask Tomhog or Richard Davenport about my credentials.  Personally, if I were you, I would be too embarrassed to post here for a while.
So who are you? Now I'm just curious. I really don't see how an orangutan chasing truck driver knows anything about football recruiting...  ;D

philobeddoe

Quote from: Sportking2169 on January 02, 2012, 01:38:46 pm
So who are you? Now I'm just curious. I really don't see how an orangutan chasing truck driver knows anything about football recruiting...  ;D

Old Clyde is full of all sorts of surprises.  ;)

CDBHawg

I can't imagine Jones going to La. Tech.  He was down to us and Auburn. I believe he would have went to LSU though if they would have offered.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 02, 2012, 01:41:59 pm
I can't imagine Jones going to La. Tech.  He was down to us and Auburn. I believe he would have went to LSU though if they would have offered.
I have heard many times that some felt he was La Tech bound up until Turner got offered.

philobeddoe

Byran grew up a fan of LSU.  When it became obvious that he was going to be a special player, two schools spent a lot of time and energy recruiting Byran.  Those two schools were La Tech and Arkansas.  Auburn and Alabama came in later and LSU came in at the last minute, but it was too late by then.  In the end, Arkansas out-recruited La Tech and won his services. 

CDBHawg

Quote from: Sportking2169 on January 02, 2012, 01:44:59 pm
I have heard many times that some felt he was La Tech bound up until Turner got offered.

Maybe, but I'll just let the proof be in the pudding on this one.

philobeddoe

Quote from: Kicking Wing on January 01, 2012, 04:20:37 pm

I'm not ignoring your question.  I am waiting on someone to get back in touch with me with confirmation one way or the other.

IronHog

Quote from: philobeddoe on January 01, 2012, 01:58:49 pm
Kenneth Dixon and Defanta Lowe left Fayetteville (camp) a few months ago.  Lowe had an offer and Dixon was told that he might receive one but not to wait on it.  That stung him a little bit.  Personally, I think the Razorback coaching staff got this backwards.   But hey, who do I think I am?.........Bobby Petrino?  :)

As an outsider looking in Lowe is a potentially more versatile player that can play positions that are traditionally hard for Arkansas to recruit.

But Dixon wouldn't be the first player the Hogs liked but didn't go after hard that made them regret it later........(T. Johnson from Rison comes to mind)
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

philobeddoe

Quote from: IronHog on January 02, 2012, 02:35:12 pm
As an outsider looking in Lowe is a potentially more versatile player that can play positions that are traditionally hard for Arkansas to recruit.

But Dixon wouldn't be the first player the Hogs liked but didn't go after hard that made them regret it later........(T. Johnson from Rison comes to mind)

You are correct, my friend. 

philobeddoe

Quote from: Kicking Wing on January 01, 2012, 04:20:37 pm

Just got word that Dixon is good on grades and ACT. I thought this was the case, but I wanted to be sure before I told you.

Hogeyeblind

Quote from: philobeddoe on January 02, 2012, 06:27:36 pm
Just got word that Dixon is good on grades and ACT. I thought this was the case, but I wanted to be sure before I told you.

Thanks for posting the good info.  Someone is going to get a baller.  I believe he would excel at La Tech but selfishly wish he would end up a A State if he doesnt get a chance to play for the Hogs

bd93

Quote from: tophawgwatcher on December 30, 2011, 11:46:30 pm
if we do and he thinks we need a RB than it will be conditional on garmon and trey williams
.. and Damian Williams

MS_HogFan

I don't know anything but I don't think we take Damian Williams unless Knile goes pro.
SOOIE

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: CDBHawg on January 02, 2012, 01:55:21 pm
Maybe, but I'll just let the proof be in the pudding on this one.
I like pudding.