Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UGa QB Hunter Matson considers transfer

Started by jbcarol, December 18, 2011, 07:21:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

UGa football: Longterm future of quarterback full of questions

QuoteBackup quarterback Hutson Mason drove home to Marietta, Ga., where he and his family will almost certainly discuss a big decision.

Murray has opened the door to the possibility of leaving early.

"It's kept me up a lot of nights, I mean a lot," Mason said midway through the season. "It's rough. I would probably have a lot of peace with it if I knew that 'Hey Aaron's a junior or senior and hey my time will come.' But not getting redshirted and just knowing that me and him are the same year, and knowing that the pros don't look as good next year (for Murray), that my time's ticking."

The only other scholarship quarterback on the roster is LeMay, but he's been relegated to the scout team and only the occasional second-team practice rep this season. He's redshirting this season.LeMay had what Bobo called a "difficult transition" from high school, when he was suspended from his team his senior year. He enrolled early and hasn't gotten many key reps.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

regi

This kid can sling it, Murray is under sized, want leave early. I think Hutson transfers.

Aston Martin 8 dude

IF he does end up transferring he should be a total "lock" for AU's QB position. Heck, beats ANYONE they have/will have as a signal caller.

3BoarsDown

Quote from: regi on December 21, 2011, 08:14:21 pm
This kid can sling it, Murray is under sized, want leave early. I think Hutson transfers.

He could sling it in high school, he's not SEC caliber and that's not saying a whole lot when you look at the QB situation at OM and Auburn.