Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville High School Bulldogs

Started by Macgyver Hawg, January 18, 2006, 09:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver Hawg

are more fun to watch than the Hogs.

I watched them play HarBer High last night.

Their coaches have them playing sound basketball.  Fast fun offense with a lot of movement.

Unlike the stonehenge offense we run.

Lanny

I bet Fayetteville's coachs know how to break a zone defense too.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Macgyver Hawg

We might need to promote a high school coach to the basketball staff too.

There's no excuse for high school coaches doing what college coaches can't.

Triplet Hog

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on January 18, 2006, 09:31:13 pm

Their coaches have them playing sound basketball. Fast fun offense with a lot of movement.

MAC- I was at the Fayetteville - HarBer game too.  I enjoyed the game so much more than a Hog game.  It was amazing to see a "fluid" offense at work last night at the Har-Ber gymnasium.  Here is how low our program is...we go down to defeat to a horrible Miss St team who lost to Akron, SE Lousiana, and Northwestern St. (of Lousiana).  We blow a 14 point lead to LSU at HOME, and then we find a way to beat Vandy (good win if you can follow it up with a quality road win), then blow a 13 point lead to Bama (minus their best player) and go down in OT.  We are 2-24 vs the SEC on the road in Heath's 3 plus years..which means we are a mediocre 13-13 at Bud Walton during that time span.   To top it all off....we are 1 and 3 in a league that has ONE TOP 25 TEAM right now for the first time since January 21st 1997.   Our basketball program is in trouble.

Lanny

Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 10:23:59 pm

Their coaches have them playing sound basketball. Fast fun offense with a lot of movement.

MAC- I was at the Fayetteville - HarBer game too. I enjoyed the game so much more than a Hog game. It was amazing to see a "fluid" offense at work last night at the Har-Ber gymnasium. Here is how low our program is...we go down to defeat to a horrible Miss St team who lost to Akron, SE Lousiana, and Northwestern St. (of Lousiana). We blow a 14 point lead to LSU at HOME, and then we find a way to beat Vandy (good win if you can follow it up with a quality road win), then blow a 13 point lead to Bama (minus their best player) and go down in OT. We are 2-24 vs the SEC on the road in Heath's 3 plus years..which means we are a mediocre 13-13 at Bud Walton during that time span. To top it all off....we are 1 and 3 in a league that has ONE TOP 25 TEAM right now for the first time since January 21st 1997. Our basketball program is in trouble.

Time for Frank to make a move.  Fire Stan
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DOGALUM

Fayetteville sucks!!!

(sorry guys....didn't mean to try and hijack the thread........but old habits die hard!)  ;D
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 18, 2006, 10:26:16 pm
Fayetteville sucks!!!

(sorry guys....didn't mean to try and hijack the thread........but old habits die hard!) ;D

North Thompson's red lights suck more.

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 10:23:59 pm

MAC- I was at the Fayetteville - HarBer game too. I enjoyed the game so much more than a Hog game. It was amazing to see a "fluid" offense at work last night at the Har-Ber gymnasium. Here is how low our program is...we go down to defeat to a horrible Miss St team who lost to Akron, SE Lousiana, and Northwestern St. (of Lousiana). We blow a 14 point lead to LSU at HOME, and then we find a way to beat Vandy (good win if you can follow it up with a quality road win), then blow a 13 point lead to Bama (minus their best player) and go down in OT. We are 2-24 vs the SEC on the road in Heath's 3 plus years..which means we are a mediocre 13-13 at Bud Walton during that time span. To top it all off....we are 1 and 3 in a league that has ONE TOP 25 TEAM right now for the first time since January 21st 1997. Our basketball program is in trouble.

Akron and SE Lousiana are "traditional powerhouses". ;D

Triplet Hog

January 18, 2006, 10:40:43 pm #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:43:08 pm by Triplet Hog
Fayetteville sucks!!!
(sorry guys....didn't mean to try and hijack the thread........but old habits die hard!) ;D
Fayetteville High School has more students taking the Advanced Placement tests than any school in the state.  They have the highest percentage of kids going to 4 year colleges in the state.   They have the best Gifted and Talented program in the state.  They have the 18th ranked High School Athletic Program in the nation according to Sports Illustrated.  Fayetteville does in fact NOT suck.  All the NWA schools (Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, and Fayetteville) have excellent academic curriculum...complimented by good athletic programs.  We're all in this together.  It's about the kids.  I think "Sucks" is a little harsh.  GO HOGS!

DOGALUM

Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 10:40:43 pm
Fayetteville sucks!!!
Fayetteville High School has more students taking the Advanced Placement tests than any school in the state. They have the highest percentage of kids going to 4 year colleges in the state. They have the best Gifted and Talented program in the state. They have the 18th ranked High School Program in the nation according to Sports Illustrated. Fayetteville does in fact NOT suck. All the NWA schools (Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, and Fayetteville) have excellent academic curriculum...complimented by good athletic programs. We're all in this together. It's about the kids. I think "Sucks" is a little harsh. GO HOGS!
Get a sense of humor grandma!!!

HogInaStrangeLand

Hey kid lay off Fayetteville...

Your too young to remember what Pitino said about playing in Fayetteville before he got crushed...

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DOGALUM

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on January 18, 2006, 10:42:39 pm
Hey kid lay off Fayetteville...

Your too young to remember what Pitino said about playing in Fayetteville before he got crushed...

Hey noob.......fayetteville sucks.   

Every red blooded Springdale boy knows that!!!

Triplet Hog

January 18, 2006, 10:48:28 pm #13 Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 10:54:11 pm by Triplet Hog

I have a sense of humor....by the way it's Dad....I probably have 20 years at least until I'm a grandparent.  Have a good rest of the week.

Triplet Hog

DogAlum- ease up please. Show some class for the sake of the good people of Springdale.  At least back up your posts with some facts and stats.  Once again, have a great rest of the week.

DOGALUM

Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 11:03:55 pm

DogAlum- ease up please. Show some class for the sake of the good people of Springdale.  At least back up your posts with some facts and stats like I did.  Once again, have a great rest of the week.
Ok....facts.....ok.........I can do this...........

Springdale 56
Fayetteville 14

There........Fayetteville sucks! And THAT.....is a fact!!
You have a great week too! :)

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 18, 2006, 11:06:00 pm

DogAlum- ease up please. Show some class for the sake of the good people of Springdale.  At least back up your posts with some facts and stats like I did.  Once again, have a great rest of the week.

Springdale 56
Fayetteville 14

We made you work for that 56.

DOGALUM

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on January 18, 2006, 11:08:35 pm
Quote from: DOGALUM on January 18, 2006, 11:06:00 pm

DogAlum- ease up please. Show some class for the sake of the good people of Springdale. At least back up your posts with some facts and stats like I did. Once again, have a great rest of the week.

Springdale 56
Fayetteville 14

We made you work for that 56.
It was a fun night.   

(hope you're takinging this a lot more lightly MacGyver , than some others) 

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 18, 2006, 11:10:53 pm
(hope you're takinging this a lot more lightly MacGyver , than some others)

I killed a hobo after that loss.

CallMeAl

Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 10:48:28 pm

I have a sense of humor....by the way it's Dad....I probably have 20 years at least until I'm a grandparent.  Have a good rest of the week.

You are wrong. Fayetteville beats off. Every Springdale grad knows that.
Hog since birth.

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on January 19, 2006, 10:18:04 am
Quote from: Triplet Hog on January 18, 2006, 10:48:28 pm

I have a sense of humor....by the way it's Dad....I probably have 20 years at least until I'm a grandparent. Have a good rest of the week.

You are wrong. Fayetteville beats off. Every Springdale grad knows that.

That's because Springdale grads are experts in that field.

bdutt

Quote from: hSv on January 18, 2006, 09:32:52 pm
I bet Fayetteville's coachs know how to break a zone defense too.

Actually, Kyle Adams (assistant) knows how to break a zone. Barry Gebhart is the worst coach in the 5A West. Anytime the opposing team's talent is anywhere close to Fayetteville's, they would get outcoached. Adams is perhaps the best basketball coach in northwest arkansas
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

HogISH™

did not know there was a springdale grad... is that not an oxymoron?

HogISH
FHS Class of 79
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HogInaStrangeLand

Yes.  A few, only because they started offering the courses as correspondence that MacGyver Hawg referenced...

Hey DogAlum
I'm FHS '94...since you sleep with the record book, check who one that year between Fay & Spring...

Just to help you out with the math (because obviously you could use it) the game was played in 93.

Furthermore, given your mental disabilities I refuse to ridicule you in public, because you are obviously out gunned.  It's like fishing with dynamite.

Also, I have a step mother that graduated SHS and won't make too incriminating of derogatory comments toward your
alma mater...(mostly owing to the fact that this is a Razorback board and should be united.)

But if you're just a gluton for punishment, I'll oblige you.

DOGALUM

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on January 20, 2006, 01:03:28 am
Yes. A few, only because they started offering the courses as correspondence that MacGyver Hawg referenced...

Hey DogAlum
I'm FHS '94...since you sleep with the record book, check who one that year between Fay & Spring...

Just to help you out with the math (because obviously you could use it) the game was played in 93.

Furthermore, given your mental disabilities I refuse to ridicule you in public, because you are obviously out gunned. It's like fishing with dynamite.

Also, I have a step mother that graduated SHS and won't make too incriminating of derogatory comments toward your
alma mater...(mostly owing to the fact that this is a Razorback board and should be united.)

But if you're just a gluton for punishment, I'll oblige you.
You're right......Fayetteville did win that '93 game.  It was a cold night at Razorback Stadium......I remember it well. 

Thing is......I graduated in '93.  That means the last football game I was in against Fayetteville was in '92.............Springdale won that game going away, and it was the 13th straight year Springdale beat Fayetteville.  So....your Junior and Sophomore years.....WHEN DOGALUM WAS ON THE FIELD.....Sptingdale handed it to you. 

I was fortunate enough to be on some good football teams.................from 6th grade youth center football through high school.....I was never on a football team that lost to a Fayetteville team.     Not Woodland.....not Ramey......and not the High School.  It's all a state of mind. 

Fayetteville has close to as many students as Springdale.   Why, you may ask, does Springdale DOMINATE that series.  Easy.........when Springdale steps on the field against anybody, but especially Fayetteville, they have no doubt that they will win that game.   When Fayetteville steps on the field against Springdale.....they are just hoping not to be blown out....and maybe...just maybe....if everything goes just right....they can pull off an upset.   It's all mindset.  Springdale....year in and year out...is not that much more talented than Fayetteville......but year in and year out.....they dominate that series.  Winners consistently win.....and losers consistently lose.

Macgyver Hawg

You can't say the same about Springdale basketball, DOG.

BillyRaySmithSack

Fayetteville does suck! They have beat SHS 2 times since 1979 in football. Do the math- 2 wins in 26 years. That said we probably haven't beaten FHS 2 times in B-Ball since 1979. Heres the facts SHS (football school), FHS (basketball school), RHS (baseball school). Fayetteville really doesn't suck though, hard habit to break (SHS 1988 graduate).

BillyRaySmithSack

In football FHS has more players leave the state to play ball instead of going a block away. Zack Clark and Cedric Logan are the only 2 I remember coming up to UA to play. I know Briesel (CSU), Keopple (Tulsa), Greenwood (KSU), and others have I can't remember has split. What the hell happened to Woody Wilson?

bdutt

Coker went to Stanford my sophomore year
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

DOGALUM

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on January 20, 2006, 09:59:22 am
You can't say the same about Springdale basketball, DOG.

Springdale has a basketball team???

DOGALUM

Quote from: BillyRaySmithSack on January 20, 2006, 10:12:15 am
Fayetteville does suck! They have beat SHS 2 times since 1979 in football. Do the math- 2 wins in 26 years. That said we probably haven't beaten FHS 2 times in B-Ball since 1979. Heres the facts SHS (football school), FHS (basketball school), RHS (baseball school). Fayetteville really doesn't suck though, hard habit to break (SHS 1988 graduate).
You forgot cross country for Rogers.  Very dominant.

BillyRaySmithSack

Coach Washburn's son went to Clemson, but I don't think he finished. Also recall someone in the 70's who was good at TCU? or somewhere. Also recall kid going to Navy few years back. The thing I do like about FHS is sending Ronnie Brewer to the UA. If he did not come here, we would have 5 wins this year tops. And Heath would not still be the coach. Is that a good thing?

HogInaStrangeLand

Yes, Andrew Kroker went to Stanford.

He graduated my year and I consider him an exceptional person, physically and mentally.

I haven't seen him in quite some time, but I did hear him talk about having Freddie Savage on his
Freshman hall....it was pretty funny.

Now, as for DOMINATION, reality is this, stack the kids up at Springdale and you got some monster football team
No question, a frickin' dynasty.
   Stack the kids up at Fayetteville, and they will design a monster, engineer a monster, bring life to the damn thing,
and it'll take down any monster alive....That's what Professors' kids due for their spare time....sorry but academics isn't a contest...I won't continue down that path.
   Meanwhile, GO HOGS!!  Destroy anything orange...

DOGALUM

Quote from: HogInaStrangeLand on January 20, 2006, 12:50:48 pm
Yes, Andrew Kroker went to Stanford.

He graduated my year and I consider him an exceptional person, physically and mentally.

I haven't seen him in quite some time, but I did hear him talk about having Freddie Savage on his
Freshman hall....it was pretty funny.

Now, as for DOMINATION, reality is this, stack the kids up at Springdale and you got some monster football team
No question, a frickin' dynasty.
   Stack the kids up at Fayetteville, and they will design a monster, engineer a monster, bring life to the damn thing,
and it'll take down any monster alive....That's what Professors' kids due for their spare time....sorry but academics isn't a contest...I won't continue down that path.
   Meanwhile, GO HOGS!!  Destroy anything orange...

True enough......but it's hard to keep your average test scores up when more than half your students don't even speak english. 

HogInaStrangeLand

Okay, I feel your pain on that one brother...