Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Expectations

Started by hawgonit, January 16, 2006, 11:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgonit

January 16, 2006, 11:27:12 pm Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 01:24:35 am by hawgonit
Lanny,  the moderators, and all of you who participate in here are the absolute greatest. Thanks for everything!  But I really want to thank Mike Irwin.  I can not say enough about this man.. I really can't.  He went out on a limb when people were calling him on the carpet and did it because of the obligation he feels to go the extra mile for all the fans. How many other reporters would dare do that...how many other reporters participate on message boards and risk reputation for your benefit.  He is truly the best in the business.

I hope my posts have been helpful in some way over the last few weeks even though they may have been somewhat vague and stopped short of giving you what you wanted.   I'm sorry that the "domino" teetered and tottered but the winds weren't blowing hard enough at the time for it to fall down.  I have had a great time visiting this board and hope to again in the future. 

NOW

It's time to turn the page, take a breath and set our sights toward the future.   I know some will say that Mitch settled for Arkansas only when other options may have been exhausted.  I can tell you nothing could be further from the truth.   In his heart it was here he wanted to be... where he wanted to give... where he wanted to be a part of something great.  Questions needed to be answered... and they were.

Mitch has made his commitment to this team, its coaches, and its fans as have all the other athletes already here or on their way.   As fans it is time for us to make our own commitment to get behind this program.  Those of you who have much more football knowledge than I have to realize that this state is on the verge of something fantastic....  not because a young man named Mitch is coming but rather due to what is already in place.  I will tell you this staff is dedicated...completely dedicated to give you all something you can be proud of.  The enthusiasm is at fever pitch and next season is going to be electric. 

There is a common thread that binds this state together and its colors............ are cardinal and white.

GO HOGS!!!!!!

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Sonofahog

Woooo Pig Sooie.  Nothing else to say.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

sowmonella

Thanks Hawgonit. We have all appreciated you giving us an insight into what has really been happining. Go Hogs and post more often.
Sow :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Thrilbilly

I for one can't wait. The future looks bright once again!!

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: hawgonit on January 16, 2006, 11:27:12 pm
It's time to turn the page, take a breath and set our sights toward the future. I know some will say that Mitch settled for Arkansas only when other options may have been exhausted. I can tell you nothing could be further from the truth. In his heart it was here he wanted to be... where he wanted to give... where he wanted to be a part of something great. Questions needed to be answered... and they were.

Mitch has made his commitment to this team, its coaches, and its fans as have all the other athletes already here or on their way. As fans it is time for us to make our own commitment to get behind this program. Those of you who have much more football knowledge than I have to realize that this state is on the verge of something fantastic.... not because a young man named Mitch is coming but rather due to what is already in place. I will tell you this staff is dedicated...completely dedicated to give you all something you can be proud of. The enthusiasm is at fever pitch and next season is going to be electric.

There is a common thread that binds this state together and its colors are cardinal and white.

GO HOGS!!!!!!

This fall is shaping up to be something special for me. My wife and I just found out we are having twins in August or September and my beloved Hogs seem to finally be pushing themselves over the hump towards establishing a dominant program. Life is good! Thank you so much for your posts Hawgonit....you brought sanity and reason to this board in a time when it was so critically needed. For that we can't thank you enough....

Shag66

Amen Brother Hawgonit!

Let the choir sing the Fight Song!

WOOO PIG!

AUSTXHOG

Thank you Hawgonit.... Ditto to what everyone has already stated...

O yeah

AND WPS!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I love reading your posts hawgonit!

Mitch will add so much to our already amazing young talent.  The future is indeed bright.  Mitch, you made the right decision.  You won't regret it.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

ENHOG

Where is the reverend HOG when there's an amen needed!!!
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

ReverendRazorback

January 17, 2006, 12:05:05 am #10 Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 01:54:26 pm by ReverendRazorback
Amen my friend! Amen to Mitchell and Hawgonit!!! - And Mike Erwin!!!! :razorback:
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

pbjones81

thanks hawgonit, im speechless

pbjones81

everybody +1 for hawgonit  :)

tuskavarnna

Thanks hawgonit for everything .We will all rest easier in the future because of this.I smell a top ten ranking in recruiting and in the polls. WPS
what cannot be remedied must be endured

bolo1010

thank you mitch and thank you hawgonit...i smell atlanta coming soon!!!

WPS!!!!

Brer Hog

Thanks Hawgonit.  Its a great night!  Your posts added alot of reason to this board, when it was needed.    Well done.

Thanks Mitch!!! Welcome Brother!!      Come join the fun Damian, you'll never be loved in Florida, like you will in Arkansas.

Thanks Mike Irwin!!!   

Thanks Arkansas Coaching Staff !!!

We're pumped! 

WOO PIG SOOIE!!!!

fred ziffel

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Doesn't matter WHY.  We are glad MITCH is HERE NOW!!!!!

WPS!!!!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

RazorWire

lunchbox72703

I'm Pumped!!!    Thank you mitch, Mike, Hawgonit, and the whole system of recruiting!  After many of nights on photoshop making funny pics....I feel rewarded finally!!!  and it's been my honor to do that!!!

WILL CLINTON

Tomcat, time to change that sig line to 3 of the S5 have committed.  GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Deuce Pigelow

Thank you very much, Hawgonit!!! We have enjoyed your posts. You gave us optimist, the glimmer of hope we were looking for, and now we can all rejoice.

What a day to be a HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogsmash12

Hawgonit, you are like a Razorback prophet.  I could almost see the heavens opening up and beaming down on Reynolds Razorback Stadium. 

Woooooooooooooooooo  Pig Soooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Father Swine

Thank you Hawgonit.

It's nice to have somebody close to the situation keeping us fans up to date on what's happening.  It's not something that you had to do, but something that you chose to do.

Go Hogs !!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hawgonit on January 16, 2006, 11:27:12 pmI know some will say that Mitch settled for Arkansas only when other options may have been exhausted.  I can tell you nothing could be further from the truth.   In his heart it was here he wanted to be... where he wanted to give... where he wanted to be a part of something great.  Questions needed to be answered... and they were.

I don't question this.  Through his statements, Mitch appears to be 100% confident that he has made the right decision.  I feel really good about the whole situation and what has happened up until now is in the past already.

I feel good about Mitch coming.  I feel good that Casey Dick is solid enough that Mitch will need to "earn" the #1 spot (thus providing healthy competition for both).  And from a more fundamental perspective, I feel very good about the additions of Malzahn and Wood to this staff and I feel good about the direction of our offensive philosophy.

Hey, I just feel good!!!

(By the way, Hawgonit, I do appreciate the respect you have shown for the fans by putting forth the effort to keep us informed.  Thank you very much for the updates on a situation that meant a lot to all Razorback fans.  We are so happy to have Mitch on board with us!!!)

hoginator

January 17, 2006, 10:12:02 am #28 Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:45:51 pm by hoginator
Hawgonit-

You are a class act. Thank you.
I've had the privilege of working with Mike Irwin in the past and everything thing you stated of him is right on.
Thanks for giving us some insight into the situation and for trusting Mike as well.

GO HOGS GO! WOO PIG SOOIEE!

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Whataboar™

Thanks, Hawgonit. You put my mind to rest last week with your thoughtful, informed post.
All Razorback fans owe you a debt of gratitude.
Best of luck to you and Mitch.
Go Hogs!
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

TXrazorback

I agree, thank you so much Hawgonit!  

I am so freakin happy right now ;D ;D ;D  :razorback:
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Red40

TulsaHogFan

Thank you for the kind words Hawgonit.  We as Arkansas fans truely appreciate your insight and opinions that you bring to this board.  Well said, and i hope to see you soon.

Hogs4Ever

To Hogonit:  Thanks for your encouraging posts and words.  Things were really looking rocky and I know I was depressed over the state of affairs on the Hill.  You brought hope back to me and many of us when things were looking dark.  THANKS AGAIN!!!!

HOW 'BOUT THEM HOGS!!!

HogPsych

YEa, Thanks  - any inside scoop on DWill?  Yea, I know we're never satisfied.

tbhogfan

I hope that we all give Mitch a chance to be a Freshman, and to grow as a QB. 

The kid has lots of talent, and let's not forget that there will be a difference in the speed of the game, especially some of the SEC defenses he will face.  I have no doubt that he will adjust.   
Go Hogs!

lurker1

Hawgonit is not Mitch, Beck, or his Grandmother.  Nobody knows who hawgonit is..... nobody.

This message will self destruct in 15 seconds.

GarySe7en

The hog futures are looking good.

Salty Hog

With B-ball not quite living up to expectations this year :-\, It's awesome that the future's looking so bright for football.  I'm STOKED about next season!  Cant wait til Sept.!!!!

W :razorback:P :razorback:S :razorback:!!!!
Fear The Hog!!!!

HogInaStrangeLand

The Basketball season ain't over yet...
and if it is, we'll know by Feb 9th, then Van Horn gets undivided and well deserved attention.

Hmmm....
People down on Broyles?  Explain McDonald and Van Horn?

riccoar

Hopefully we'll see Hogs on the cover of SI in the near future, again.

mikeirwin

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 17, 2006, 08:29:17 pm
Quote from: lurker1 on January 17, 2006, 04:43:17 pm
Hawgonit is not Mitch, Beck, or his Grandmother. Nobody knows who hawgonit is..... nobody.

This message will self destruct in 15 seconds.
The Mods do.... ???

SMITE THIS!!
The mods do not know. They only know it's a family member. The last I checked even Mitch didn't know for sure.

steelcurtain

I have alot of hope for the future of all Razorback sports. This community(family) of coaches, players, fans are united strong under the Razorback nation umbrella and we will all strive to do our parts to keep this program one of the best in the country. I love the spirited debates that take place here on Hogsville and love to hear the thoughts: happy, angry, pissed off, overjoyed, of all the members of this site. It has given me a greater sense of pride in our beloved Razorbacks sense I joined, to know so many care so deeply about the young men and women that represent the HOGS!!!!!!

CiriusPorker

CiriusPorker

hawgbawb

Thanks Hawgonit!  Life is good.  Somebody play that James Brown song

I FEEL GOOD...na na na na nah...I KNEW THAT I WOULD!!!
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

ReverendRazorback

I forgot the amen to Mike Erwin as well. I have listened to the show for a few years and I as well believe he is a number 1 class act and is the best at what he does. Excellent job Mike - keep it up. Also keep up with the rants as well - they are what got me hooked to listening to you!
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

G-MAN

Thanks HAWGONIT, Thanks Mike we do appreciate all the info on the post. Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing from both of you in the future