Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Travis Tweet "Arkansas has no chance of BCS Bowl

Started by OptimusHog, November 14, 2011, 11:44:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DCimport

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same jack a double s that said there were serious feelers out for us to go to  the big 12, which actually translated into a short call from Jeff long that said thanks but no thanks? 

Telling Arkansas fans to give up hope on a BCS bowl game when we are setting at #6 shows me how much of a jack freakier he is.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: nutted on November 14, 2011, 12:26:48 pm
Clay Travis has a sight...."out kick the coverage".
I started reading him when he broke the A/M - SEC story and did a pretty damn good job.

Since I have found out he's a hard core TN fan and wears it on his sleeve....so he's no journalist....he's a tweeter and a blogger.

He also went off on Wade's hit and wanted him dismissed for the SEASON.....so that's when I had a back and forth with him and discovered he's a little unprofessional and is one of those the hogs are forever 6th place in the SEC types.....because of his TN fandome.

So now after reading him and then going around and around with him....after a 49-7 arse kicking.....he can kiss my arse and his site has been deleted from my p.c.

He is on Nashville radio with some other guy and former Titan Blaine Bishop.  Would rather listen to a dental drill than that buttmunch.

theFlyingHog

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: OptimusHog on November 14, 2011, 11:44:56 am
"Arkansas fans, you have zero chance of making a BCS bowl. Much less title game. Please stop."

@ClayTravisBGID
Is this guy advocating a stoppage to freedom of expression?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 14, 2011, 12:17:53 pm
Not talking about tweets.  Was talking about the article that was copied and pasted in a post by pantherhogguy.  The post was removed.   ;)
Ban him and anyone related to him!!!!!!!!!!

pig pickin

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 14, 2011, 11:59:18 am
He does make some points on #4 that we as Hog fans quite simply don't want to acknowledge.  This is exactly what I am afraid of...and what I was trying to tell people upon giving high fives when LSU beat Bama.  That pretty much completely jacked up our BCS hopes. 

Why do you say this?  I understand the argument against a BCSNC appearance, but how do you see us winning out and NOT going to the Sugar Bowl?

jkstock04

Quote from: txkpoker on November 14, 2011, 12:56:14 pm
Why do you say this?  I understand the argument against a BCSNC appearance, but how do you see us winning out and NOT going to the Sugar Bowl?
If Bama wins out along with us...I'm not seeing them taking 3 teams to BCS bowls from the SEC.  Bama's gotta play Auburn on 11-26....LSU's gotta play Ole Miss (snicker snicker) this weekend....then of course us on 11-25. 

Our team probably won't know for sure what they are playing for on 11-25...due to the Auburn/Bama game not being until the next day.  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.   
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: OptimusHog on November 14, 2011, 11:44:56 am
"Arkansas fans, you have zero chance of making a BCS bowl. Much less title game. Please stop."

@ClayTravisBGID

Clay Travis, you have zero chance of ever becoming a legitimate sports analyst. Much less make Arkansas fans quit laughing at you. Please stop.
[CENSORED]!

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 14, 2011, 12:17:53 pm
Not talking about tweets.  Was talking about the article that was copied and pasted in a post by pantherhogguy.  The post was removed.   ;)

Ah, now this makes sense, thanks.

I had to look up tweets and copyright/fair use. It is a muddled situation to say the least. Here's a good link to the facts as we understand them:

http://canyoucopyrightatweet.com/

At this point and time, tweets are pretty much considered fair use except in the case if someone was considered a celebrity or public figure AND he or she sought to protect a tweet with a copyright (probably would be rejected) AND then only if said tweet could pass muster as "original" and "bearing creativity." But, in this case the tweet would only be considered an "observation" and hopefully not a "fact" which is definitely not allowed to be copyrighted, hahaha.

Long story short: Copyright law doesn't really cover things like twitter, and it would take a miracle for anyone to get into trouble for reposting a tweet.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

rude1

I am starting to think the National guys really like jerking our chain, because we are rabid fan base and will quickly give them the intended attention.  I just ignore it because I know it is not only ridiculous to say "we have no chance", it is an out right lie. What these guys believe won't change anything, this will all be played out on the football field at the end of the day.

pig pickin

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 14, 2011, 01:09:30 pm
If Bama wins out along with us...I'm not seeing them taking 3 teams to BCS bowls from the SEC.  Bama's gotta play Auburn on 11-26....LSU's gotta play Ole Miss (snicker snicker) this weekend....then of course us on 11-25. 

Our team probably won't know for sure what they are playing for on 11-25...due to the Auburn/Bama game not being until the next day.  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.   

Yeah but shouldn't LSU be odd man out, especially since we beat them heads up?  Bama to the SECCG and us to the Sugar?  I see it in much the same way last year played out, but I could certainly be wrong.

Pork Twain

Quote from: OptimusHog on November 14, 2011, 11:51:44 am
Under US law, copyright is granted on publication to "original works of authorship" finalized in "fixed forms of expression" but this does not extend to names, titles, or short phrases. Thanks.
Why you gotta be a dick?  That has ALWAYS been the rule here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

George S. Pigton

Travis has published 3 books I think but is primarily a blogger and Tenner fan but he was dead on with A&M and with MO in the process and how it would all play out and the time line it would take to play out.  He has good sources but I give the Hogs a 5% chance of making the NC game and a 10% chance of making a BCS game. 

LSU's win really hurt the Hogs chances of making the Sugar Bowl and just too much crazy has to take place for the Hogs to make the NC game.  The Hogs just need to take care of business and see what happens but I think the Hogs need to pack for Orlando
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: rude1 on November 14, 2011, 01:24:36 pm
I am starting to think the National guys really like jerking our chain, because we are rabid fan base and will quickly give them the intended attention.  I just ignore it because I know it is not only ridiculous to say "we have no chance", it is an out right lie. What these guys believe won't change anything, this will all be played out on the football field at the end of the day.

Arkansas fans?  Mad??  No.... 

johnny cash

GB-Razorback

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 14, 2011, 12:12:05 pm
I'm listening to Beck on Pandora and the Dwight bobblehead looks like he's jamming to it.

When you are listening to Beck, don't admit it.  Say you are listing to some metal channel or even country but never, ever Beck.  You can listen to it, just don't admit it. 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Mo_Better_Hogs

56Hog

Quote from: George S. Pigton on November 14, 2011, 01:44:16 pm
Travis has published 3 books I think but is primarily a blogger and Tenner fan but he was dead on with A&M and with MO in the process and how it would all play out and the time line it would take to play out.  He has good sources but I give the Hogs a 5% chance of making the NC game and a 10% chance of making a BCS game. 

LSU's win really hurt the Hogs chances of making the Sugar Bowl and just too much crazy has to take place for the Hogs to make the NC game.  The Hogs just need to take care of business and see what happens but I think the Hogs need to pack for Orlando

Chances Arkansas beats LSU  (6/13, BCS era record) 46%
Chances Cheezit upsets Saban 50%
Chances Petrino makes the Atlanta media and the Georgia Dome howl 90%

0.46x0.5x0.9=21.7% chance Hogs play in the BCSCG.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

NaturalStateReb

November 14, 2011, 03:44:16 pm #68 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:46:52 pm by NaturalStateReb
He's probably right about the title game.  Honestly, the chances aren't great.

But, it's too early to say that Arkansas can't make a BCS bowl game.  Arkansas needs Auburn to beat Alabama, and Arkansas needs to beat both State and LSU.  If that happens, Arkansas makes the SEC title game, and a win there means the BCS for the Hogs and LSU.  Even if Arkansas and Bama both win, Arkansas might still make it in to a BCS game, if the win over LSU was convincing.

Let's assume that Arkansas beats LSU and Aubbie beats Bama.  For the NC title game, Arkansas needs:
*to beat Georgia in the SEC title game.  If Georgia wins, then UGA and LSU make the BCS and Arkansas probably heads to the Cotton Bowl and Bama to the Cap One Bowl.
AND
*Oklahoma to lose to Baylor or Iowa State.
*Oklahoma State to lose to Oklahoma.
OR
*Oregon lose to USC or Oregon State.

If Oklahoma State wins out, they're going to make the title game.  I don't think that there'll be any rematch games, so no Okie State/Mobilehoma or LSU/Bama, and probably no LSU/Oregon, even if LSU wins out.  If Okie State only loses to Oklahoma and Oregon wins out, there'll be a major push to pair OU and Oregon up in the title game if Arkansas pushes LSU and Bama out of the way and beats a lightly regarded (but actually very good) Georgia team in the championship--don't forget that the human polls are 2/3 of the BCS.  Arkansas needs OSU, OU, and Oregon to all pick up another loss to make the Hogs a cinch for the title game if they win out.

The big wildcard would be how many BCS points could Arkansas gain by beating LSU and Georgia.  I think you can jump at least one of OSU, OU, and Oregon, but you might have to jump two to make it in.  I'm not even sure that an loss to Arkansas would drop LSU completely out of contention, depending on what happened next.

If Bama wins out, and Arkansas loses to LSU, it's off to the Cap One or Cotton Bowl, with the latter more likely, IMO.  It's probably going to be LSU vs. Oklahoma State for the NC game.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cosmodrum

Quote from: GB-Razorback on November 14, 2011, 02:34:25 pm
When you are listening to Beck, don't admit it.  Say you are listing to some metal channel or even country but never, ever Beck.  You can listen to it, just don't admit it. 

Just because you don't have two turntables and microphone, doesn't mean you have to be jealous of Beck and have a sore attitude.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: GB-Razorback on November 14, 2011, 02:34:25 pm

Cosmo was raised Scientologist. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

TeufelHog

Sir Oinksalot

...and I know I should know this but

who is Clay Travis....?
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

rupert

Clay Travis is on Nashville radio and is a well-known "pot-stirrer",,,likes to say outrageous stuff, mainly for effect it seems,,,however he does seem to bash Arkansas and its fan base on a regular basis...I recall some unsolicited statement about how backward Arkansas and its fans were...  he has no credibility, not a reputable journalist in anybody's opinion...

Science Fiction Greg

Well this is pretty simple.  He is wrong, and demonstrably so.  Granted, the chances are slim, but to say "no chance" is just incorrect and likely motivated by personal feelings.

In short, cool story bro.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

jbrazorback

Quote from: Lysol on November 14, 2011, 11:46:03 am
More importantly, whos clay travis?

Clay Travis is a sports radio host from Nashville and operates a website outkick the coverage. He also wrote the book Dixieland Delight. I read the book that's how I know about him. He's a UT alum and probably mad that we crushed them Saturday.