Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh well, Jefferson is still starting....

Started by Boarcephus, January 14, 2006, 07:17:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

They'll zone our butts, Dontel will have another non-factor of a game on offense and we're suddenly 0-3 and then hit the road.   Man, when a season turns south it does so in a hurry. 

On a good note, Mortensen is staying but on a bad note appears Korey Sutton and Michael Tate are transferring.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rude1

You didn't actually think Heath would dare shake things up did you? Nothing this guy seems to do makes much sense. Does the samethings over and over, yet some how is waiting for a different result. Wouldn't suprise me even if Mcurdy didn't draw the extra playing time Heath said he was going to be getting. I have no confidence whatsoever that Heath knows what the hell he is doing. With a team that's struggling with outside shooting, he has probably his two best in Mcurdy and maybe even Cranford sitting and watching the other guys go out there and build mansions with the brick laying they are doing on the court, but he doesn't play the better shooters because of defensive liabilities. Well news flash Mr. Genius coach, you have to at least try those kids to see what happens offensively, and defensively you go into a zone yourself to try and protect their defensive short comings. Can you imagine Pat Bradley sitting because he wasn't strong enough defensively? Sometimes you have to accept the trade off and scheme around that players deficiency. What the hell am I thinking? That would require some actual coaching. Disregard this whole post....

forrest city joe

I think this says a lot about who stan is as a coach. it's not working, and he still staying with the same people that cant win in the weak sec.

JDHogg

It's like we're trying to do something we can't do.  We need to turn these games into track meets, instead, we try to beat these guys in a slugfest.  If you keep the tempo going, the defense never gets set.  Why don't we apply the full court press when the other team goes to a zone?  That will negate the tempo effect.  I guess I just don't understand.  How do young players ever get better by sitting on the bench?  If we're going to lose, let's at least use more of our arsenal and see what we have, see what some of these kids are made of.  I'm glad Matt Jones' playing time wasn't fully determined by his practices.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Boarcephus

Didn't Stans team at Kent State revolt for the very same reason?  The only real times the hogs have looked good all year is when they go full press uptempo style of game and Stan resorts to that when things get desperate.   Need to get McCurdy on the court and turn him loose.  He's a close second to Brewer when it comes to basketball IQ.   The rest of them are just hanging out, playing hard when it suits them.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

stan the man

With Jefferson in the game Vandebilt does not have to guard him since he doesn't ever offer to shoot the basketball.  So it is five against four.  It is amazing to me that we would have only three offensive weapons on the floor with Jefferson and Hill on the court.  Don't get me wrong Hill is a definite factor on defense but no offensive output, at least not yet.  What has happened to to our strong forward, can't even remember his name.  He has been a non factor in the last two games.  Much like last year. 

stevenglennn

It is simple, with this line-up play zone and we are beat.  Will there be a durring the game thread?
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

stevenglennn

No wait, Stan just claimed on the radio pregame show that Vandy does not play much zone.  Anyone want to bet that changes today??
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

hoggystyle78

Stan refuses to change his philosophy to fit his players, he's taking a team that Nolan would rape other teams with and trying to make them play slow half-court Big10 BB. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that these guys play better when the press and run. Stan is either gonna have to adapt to his team or he won't have a team, at least not in Fayetteville.