Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does McCurdy start tomorrow?

Started by Boarcephus, January 13, 2006, 08:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

January 13, 2006, 08:21:31 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:24:18 pm by Boarcephus
They can have all the team meetings and secret codes and handshakes they want but until they change things up a bit this season will continue to spiral downward.  Stan has tried everything else but let Sean run the show from the point.  I think it's time.  He has the temperment, the moxie and the true point guard skills to make a differnce.  I say his time has come.   Since I haven't seen Stans new starting lineup for Vandy, I say he starts tomorrow.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TheSportsGuy

he doesn't start, but will play sooner and more than he has all season.  i really hope he does well.  if he doesn't, munsey will have to fill in and become a star.

RazorZach

Surely you jest sir. Can an old dog learn new tricks? As much as we want Stan to start McCurdy, don't count on him doing something that is smart and obvious to us "simple" fans. I just can't see how McCurdy's defense can be SO bad that he can't be on the floor 20-25 minutes a game to help bust zones and effectively get the ball into the low post. McCurdy seems to have the leadership and range of a Pat Bradley, and that is what this team desperately needs. And that need is also someone to step up, take charge, and make some open shots when the time comes. I think Sean can do all this, and can help the Hogs more than sitting on the pine. JMHO of course. Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised if Sean is once again on the bench when tipoff starts.
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

Ugly Uncle

I don't understand anything Stan does anymore.  Well, I don't understand most.  Don't want to make that much of a blanket statement.

Did he or did he not say that Townes was a guy that liked routine and that Stan had messed up his timing in starting him instead of Hill at MSU?  I am almost positive that he said that.

Then, didn't he start him in the LSU game instead of Thomas?  That just didn't make sense to me.

So, the fact/assumption that he won't start McCurdy isn't that great of a surprise to me at all.  For all I know, he may actually play him less.  Again, I wouldn't be shocked by it...outraged, but not shocked.
Retired Radio Host

spahoopsfan

I hope that soon Stan will give the minutes he has been giving Jefferson and give them to McCurdy.  It wouldn't hurt to take a few minutes from Ferguson.  I totally agree with a post made earlier which stated that Ferguson wants to be "the guy" but shouldn't be. I think this started when he was a freshman and just because he had to play so much and played the point then he should be the leader.  He's not a leader, he makes too many mistakes and doesn't have "it".  He needs to be content to be a role player and stan needs to make him earn his playing time based on his play and not his experience.  I agree with Brady; give me talent any time over experience.

three

Stan really likes both Jefferson and Ferguson.  Why, I'm not sure, but he loves those guys.  To borrow a phrase from another Razorback coach who shall remain nameless, those guys "give us the best chance to win."  I don't understand why coaches sometimes don't see what's right in front of them.  The fans can see it, and they're not coaches.  Sean should be playing more, and I believe he will be playing more.  But "more" is a subjective term.  To us the fans, "more" means 20-25 minutes, to Stan "more" means greater than the 8.5 minutes Sean averages per game.  That means, if Stan plays Sean 10-12 minutes tomorrow, he will have played him "more".  I believe you'll see McCurdy for the last 5 minutes of the first half, and the middle 5 of the second, and that will be it.  Someone will ask him after the game, "why didn't you play Sean more", and he'll reply "I played him 11 minutes.  I mean, come on guys, he's just a freshman and you (meaning the Evil Empire that he sees the media as) want me to throw him to the wolves."  And we'll all be back here sat. night talking about how Sean's 6 points and four assists in 11 or 12 minutes was great, why did Stan pull him out?
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

hogdan

hogdan here,sean shoots  better,handles the ball  better and gets the ball where it  needs  to go. oh  yea  did Isay  he shoots  better, So ofcourse  Hes  not  going to get  much  playing time

hogman64

Quote from: hogdan on January 14, 2006, 12:44:35 am
hogdan here,sean shoots better,handles the ball better and gets the ball where it needs to go. oh yea did Isay he shoots better, So ofcourse Hes not going to get much playing time

Thats right, we didnt get in 11th place in the SEC in conference wins the last 4 years by playing the best players you know............Just ask Dale, he knew not to play D Mac and Jones in  the Vandy football game..........He is a great coach,  he knew what it was going to take to lose that game, and he executed............

silvertip

I'll just tell you whut I think, instead of holding back like I usually do. Stan is starting to remind me of HDN. Playing the Seniors because he can't believe the freshmen can possibly be better. MY GAWD, has Frank been whispering in Stan's ear too ?

I wish Stan would remember an old coaches saying when the question is raised about whether or not to redshirt a star recruit---"You don't want to get fired while saving your best players for next year."  Or something like that.

Stan goes into this year thinking he FINALLY doesn't have to rely on freshmen---which is a hard row to hoe. The PLAN is to move Eric to shooting guard where he belongs, and give the PG duties to Dontell, Ronnie, and Sean. SOMEWHERE along the way in preseason, Stan seems to forget that---doesn't play Sean enough--- and in my ever humble opinion we wind up playing Eric TOO MUCH AGAIN as the #2 PG, instead of shooting guard.

And sorry, but I think getting Eric away from PG could not have happened soon enough and too bad, but I think it still hasn't happened. STAN, it's never gonna be easy, but it's not gonna get better until you do it!!  I still haven't given up on Dontell this year, but we need help at PG & outside shooting NOW and your senior guards have never got that done.  It's past time to move on. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Sean better start, or I may revise my username....

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

toshortrock

if we lose today,i will not have nothing else to say about the basketball program,becasuse it will not be good anyway,i need to keep the few friends i have
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

urhogdaddi

Dirty McCurdy will come in 5 min into the game. He will have 8 pts. with 6 assists
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

Hog_One_Stop

He should start but Stan want,  Our starting point guard has yet to score in SEC game,  real good to have a starting point guard with no points. :puke: