Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Staying together (Mitch, Damian, Andrew, and Ben)

Started by Kilgor, January 13, 2006, 06:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

January 13, 2006, 06:42:04 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 06:55:29 pm by Kilgor
Olive Branch Group Makes Mass Commitment

"Much like Springdale, Olive Branch, Miss., High had a large group of top-level players this year.

It appears three of them, including two on the Razorbacks' radar, are headed to play together in college, committing to Ole Miss this week.

Allen Walker (6-2, 200, 4.6), an athlete who played linebacker and receiver, led the group of three choosing to make a verbal pledge to Ole Miss. Markeith Summers, another receiver who Arkansas offered, also committed to the Rebels, as did linebacker Jeremy Longstreet, who Arkansas was actively recruiting.

"We wanted to stay together," Longstreet told Scout.com's Yancy Porter. "We just decided that Ole Miss is the best place for us to win championships. We want to make our home state proud."

Arkansas is still looking at a pair of players from Olive Branch, defensive tackle Victor Thomas and safety Anthony Summers."

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=485947

I hope that Mitch and Damian will join Andrew and Ben and make their home state proud as these fellows have chosen to do.  The chances of winning a championship at Arkansas are a hell of a lot higher than at Ole Miss.

Come on guys, let's go at it.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Tomhog™

We can only hope that comraderie is shared by the Springdale boys.  Everyone will be the most 'comfortable' around team mates you've played with for years, (not to mention coach, too.)  Two have commited with the possibility of two more.  It would sure be exciting if it were so!

NuttsSacked

Markeith's brother, Anthony Summers, committed to MS State this week.

TulsaHogFan

I bet this weekend is very informative as far as certain recruits go.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on January 13, 2006, 07:29:24 pm

Auburn is hosting as many as 20 players this weekend.  They're expected to garner commits from some damn good ones too. 

Kilgor

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 13, 2006, 07:33:09 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on January 13, 2006, 07:29:24 pm

Auburn is hosting as many as 20 players this weekend. They're expected to garner commits from some damn good ones too.

So?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

hog caller

rudy: have we done any thing with charles Scott from Jonesborp LA 6'2 200 2700 rushing yards this year threwq 2 touchdown passes  and caught two and rushed for more than i can count. i hear he is at USc this wek and is not going to LSU. ant word on him.

Cajun Hog

If they all came would be great, they had a first class coach (Gus) and are first class kids.  Just think of how popular Matt Jones was and all of these kids could be in for the same treatment.  Not many kids can go off together to one school like these can and make a impact on the whole state.  :razorback: