Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

so who do the houston texans take now?!?

Started by creecy, January 13, 2006, 04:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

creecy

do they take Reggie Bush and stick with David Carr, or do they draft Vince Young?!?
Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

mossfan3

Reggie Bush if they want the best player. VY to sell tickets.

creecy

but will Reggie Bush make them a better team?!?  or will VY?
Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

WxHog

They have invested too much into Carr to turn back quite yet.   I think they will take Reggie Bush and hope that he takes the pressure of Carr.   Their 2nd, and perhaps 3rd, pick should be an O-lineman. 

RoboRazor

January 13, 2006, 04:25:17 pm #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 04:27:17 pm by Hog Mild
Reggie Bush. VY is great, but people don't realize how bad that USC defense was. EX: The Hogs dropped 17 on them!  :D

EastexHawg

Easy...they take Reggie Bush.

Vince Young was a great college QB, but unless he improves greatly he won't be anywhere near as effective in the NFL.  I watched quite a bit of VY this year and I saw a ton of dying quail passes thrown up for grabs that his tall, talented receivers went up and got for him against less talented DBs.  That won't work in the NFL.

Vince Young is a very good running QB, but I don't think he is in Michael Vick's or Matt Jones' league as a runner.  He doesn't have the sheer speed of either of those guys.  I would be willing to be someone a steak dinner that he doesn't touch either Jones' 4.37 single run time nor his 4.41 average time at the combine.

Then again, if every NFL defense would do what USC did...overpursue and go with the flow to the offensive left, leaving the entire right side of the field open for at least 10-20 yards on every play...I guess Young could probably put up some huge numbers running the football in the NFL.

pbjones81

Reggie hands down.  had he not fumbled early on against tejas, he wouldve been the player of the game, USC wouldve won, and nobody would be talking about VY.  I think that fumble took the drive out of him, and as a result, the rest of the team.  It set the tone of the game for USC.  Of course thats just my opinion and I dont claim to be an expert. 

dmhog v2.0

You take Bush if you want to sell tickets. If you're serious about building a better footbal team, you trade that pick for a package of picks this year and next. The Texans already have a solid running back in Dominick Davis. The need O-line help badly!

Vince Young probably isn't in the picture. They'll probably give a look at him, since he's from Texas and all, but I doubt they give it THAT much thought. Leinhart will go before Young.

PAHog

They trade the pick for a bunch of 2nd-4th round picks and draft linemen if they have any sense about them.  Carr's a serviceable QB that would probably be pretty good if he didn't spend most games on his back.  They can spend a little money and find a decent RB through free agency or late in the draft.  Drafting Bush is a waste if no one can make him a hole.  Drafting Young or Leinert is a waste if you dont have a line that can pass protect.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

noprayerfornutt

I agree.  They need to trade down.  They need players in order to become halfway competitive with Jax and Indy in their division.

ban0099

HouTxRzbck

I live in Houston and you wouldn't believe the hype that is going on down here.  Before the Rose bowl and before the NFL season had ended, everyone in Houston wanted the Texans to lose out so they could pick up Bush.  It was all over the radio waves on how the Texans need to pick Reggie Bush (he is the best thing since slice bread).  They talked about how it will sell tickets and crap like that.  (Not sure what that means, they still sell out every game).  Anyway... as soon as the Rose Bowl was over, everyone and their dog was down on their knees hobbing on VY knob!!!  They are still talking about how they need VY.  You would think Bush is chop liver now.  It is amazing the turn around that has happened before my ears on talk radio.  Frankly it disgusts me, because Bush would be so much better for the Texans than VY.  Everyone has to realize that VY will be a project for a couple of years.  Carr just needs a better offensive scheme.  He was getting a crummy offensive game plan each week.  Bush will be a more impact player right off the bat than VY will.  Just wanted to give everyone an insight of what is getting talked about in H-Town.  It is unbelievable the change of heart that is going on!!!!
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

dmhog v2.0

QuoteI live in Houston and you wouldn't believe the hype that is going on down here.  Before the Rose bowl and before the NFL season had ended, everyone in Houston wanted the Texans to lose out so they could pick up Bush.  It was all over the radio waves on how the Texans need to pick Reggie Bush (he is the best thing since slice bread).  They talked about how it will sell tickets and crap like that.  (Not sure what that means, they still sell out every game).  Anyway... as soon as the Rose Bowl was over, everyone and their dog was down on their knees hobbing on VY knob!!!  They are still talking about how they need VY.  You would think Bush is chop liver now.  It is amazing the turn around that has happened before my ears on talk radio.  Frankly it disgusts me, because Bush would be so much better for the Texans than VY.  Everyone has to realize that VY will be a project for a couple of years.  Carr just needs a better offensive scheme.  He was getting a crummy offensive game plan each week.  Bush will be a more impact player right off the bat than VY will.  Just wanted to give everyone an insight of what is getting talked about in H-Town.  It is unbelievable the change of heart that is going on!!!!

Interesting. I bet that all changes after the combine, though. Well, if Bush and Young actually go.

Actually, the only way that the Texans draft Young is if they draft down. Young will not go 1 or 2.