Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roy Wittke hired...

Started by Porkahontas, January 13, 2006, 03:20:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkahontas

..at ASU as their offensive coordinator!!

Way to go, Roy.

Roy running the offense for ASU

Does anyone else other than myself hope like hell Wittke can go over there and help make their offense one of the most prolific offenses in the country?

Oh, did I say Wittke was hired at ASU? You do realize I mean Tempe and not Jonesboro, right?

PulledPork

your swooft, but not swift enough........already knew before opening it was prolly the Debils!

WindyCityHog

Wittke was OC here?

That's news.

But I will root for him to make a difference there.....The guy got screwed in Fayetteville.

pfrg999

Congrats to him... That is GREAT.... will he know what to do without HDN calling the plays ???  ;D
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogNuttz

A loosing team fires a QB coach who is then picked up as an OC by a program that won a bowl game.

WTH?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Nutt_Hate_Me

Here's wishing Roy the best.  May give me a reason to follow Pac-10 Football.  From everything I heard he was a great guy, and a very good football mind as well.
It's great to be home.

nwarazfan

A new concept at Az St.  Dirk Koetter, even though his offense has been very good, has VOLUNTARILY given up his OC duties to oversee the entire program after a disappointing season.  Wish he would have called a certain member of his ex-Boise City College coaching brotherhood and explained this concept to him.

Way to go Roy! Prove how much we wasted you.

Flatfoot

Roy is a great addition to ASU's program.  He will do a very good job.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Squealers

Wow, Mort really had some great things to say about RW.  The closer I look at the release of RW, the more I see the beginning of several issues we have today...MM's decommit and Mort's temporary departure.  Hummmmm.

Interesting web that has been woven here!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

ballhog™

I think if he had been able to run the offense here, he would have done fine.  I think he has a good offensive mind.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

It'll be interesting to see what Wittke does at a major program as a real OC instead of being "hamstrung" by dunce like Numb Nutts.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

silvertip

Wittke was cranking All-Conference QBs every other year before he got hamstrung by HDN/Markuson. It will just tickle my ass like a feather if he starts it back up at ASU.

noprayerfornutt

congrats to Roy.  HDN never utilized him properly. 

CorningHog

Hey, if Roy Wittke reads on here, I hope he knows we all enjoyed his coaching at Arkansas.

Did we know how much influence he had?  No.  But he obviously did a better job with some than others.  Casey seemed very prepared at times. 

The best thing is that I hope Roy does an awesome job out there.  He seemed like a very nice guy with a lot of character.

My hope is he has a long career and continues to be the best at what he does.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

hawgdawg

Congrats to a class man and a very good football coach. He obviously was a victim of circumstance here. My guess is that Frank knew when he told Houston that someone had to go from this years staff that they realized Roy had a good enough reputation that it wouldn't take him long to find a good job. I doubt any of the other offensive coaches would be in coaching next year if they had been let go. Don't know the particulars of his contract, but it sounds like he made a move up the coaching ladder here. Sometimes things really do work out well in the end. Coach Wittke and his family are class acts.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

If Senile Frank had any sense he would have forced Numb Nutts to fire Markuson, Shibest and brother Danny (and possibly some others) and made him hire competent replacements.

Come to think of it, if Broyles had any sense, he would have fired Numb Nutts years ago and would have retired himself.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

AFWarrior83

Glad to hear that he found another job so quickly, he seemed like a good guy.
Hogville member since 2005.

lunchbox72703

i wish witke the best of luck!!