Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope that when signing day is over......we don't hear these type comments!

Started by CorningHog, January 13, 2006, 02:21:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

I am hoping that Mitch Mustain and others that are very good out of Springdale and the other recruits we are getting will be the best ones that we can sign.  Will some choose other schools, yes.  Will some out of this class turn out not to be as good, most likely.

The same things happen at most schools in regards to recruiting.  Some kids make great strides and contributions and others simply don't, either from their talent, work ethic, injuries, whatever...

ONE THING I hope does not get too much play on here from the Hogville posters, is this.

Once Mitch signs with Arkansas the posters on here begin to doubt all things about him and his talent.  They begin the questioning about his really having "offers" from ND, Tennessee or Alabama.  The questions again about his Army AA game.  The competition of Arkansas football, etc...etc..

I for one hope that these guys can give some of this stuff a complete rest because until Mitch has the chance to perform on the "SEC STAGE" we will all be guessing at just how good he is.  Is he good?  Well, that is obviously a relative question.  He was good enough to win all the awards a high school player could.  He won ALL of his H.S. games this year.  He had some incredible stats.  He impressed enough college recruiters that he drew interest from most everyone, Michigan, Florida, Miami,FL, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Alabama, etc...

The truth is for some fans it will not be enough.  For others, it will be that he is Joe Montana and we can expect an instant SEC Championship starting this coming season.  Sometime between his freshman and senior years he will have proved enough to most at just how good a QB he is.  Until he plays college ball for at least a full season, we need to enjoy just the luxury of having his talent at Arkansas. 

The interviews this week certainly proved that he is a very mature and likable young man who has his priorities straight, has good humor and sounds very much like the type of QB that can lead any college team onto the field and get the other players to play hard with him. 

Enjoy the excitement when he does announce and once he signs, but don't jump in with all the allegations and insults, because that is too easy for anyone to do.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Field of Hogs

MM will not be a Hog!  He will be going to ND, he was ready to recommit to us and found out that they have a slot for him. If that is what he and his family thinks is best. Get er done!  We will be fine with the qb talent that we have and coming in after they see a more pass oriented offense. I am like the rest of you, I would love for him to be a hog, but I dont seem to be losing any sleep over this. What a soap opera! :-\

PennHOG

Quote from: Field of Hogs on January 13, 2006, 02:30:03 pm
      MM will not be a Hog!  He will be going to ND, he was ready to recommit to us and found out that they have a slot for him. If that is what he and his family thinks is best. Get er done!  We will be fine with the qb talent that we have and coming in after they see a more pass oriented offense. I am like the rest of you, I would love for him to be a hog, but I dont seem to be losing any sleep over this. What a soap opera! :-\

Did Deon Warwick tell you that or can you predict the future by yourself?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Field of Hogs

Is the Joe Pa! According to the factual info that MI has posted leads me to beleive the writing is on the wall. It really doesnt matter if he comes here or not. The young man has his whole life ahead of him and he has to look out for himself (not us). If I was a qb and had the opportunity to play for ND every Saturday on nbc. I think that would be hard to pass up. Their track record in football is alot better than ours.

Field of Hogs

Quote from: PennHOG on January 13, 2006, 02:32:02 pm

Did Deon Warwick tell you that or can you predict the future by yourself?

No, Charlie Weis read my palms.

PennHOG

Quote from: Field of Hogs on January 13, 2006, 02:47:37 pm
   Is the Joe Pa! According to the factual info that MI has posted leads me to beleive the writing is on the wall. It really doesnt matter if he comes here or not. The young man has his whole life ahead of him and he has to look out for himself (not us). If I was a qb and had the opportunity to play for ND every Saturday on nbc. I think that would be hard to pass up. Their track record in football is alot better than ours.

Not Joe Pa.  He's too busy interviewing lawers to fend off the NOW folks.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

hogfan1

Quote from: Field of Hogs on January 13, 2006, 02:47:37 pm

As evidenced by the fact that MM reads and posts on this board, I would say that he is one of "us", if by us, you mean Hog fans.  So maybe he can look out for himself and "us" at the same time. 

PulledPork

MM will not be a Hog! He will be going to ND, he was ready to recommit to us and found out that they have a slot for him. If that is what he and his family thinks is best. Get er done! We will be fine with the qb talent that we have and coming in after they see a more pass oriented offense. I am like the rest of you, I would love for him to be a hog, but I dont seem to be losing any sleep over this. What a soap opera! :-\
thanks for the intel, do you have any stocks to recommend?

Field of Hogs

Quote from: PulledPork on January 13, 2006, 03:21:13 pm
MM will not be a Hog! He will be going to ND, he was ready to recommit to us and found out that they have a slot for him. If that is what he and his family thinks is best. Get er done! We will be fine with the qb talent that we have and coming in after they see a more pass oriented offense. I am like the rest of you, I would love for him to be a hog, but I dont seem to be losing any sleep over this. What a soap opera! :-\
thanks for the intel, do you have any stocks to recommend?
Great post. I love the humor on this board. I needed a good laugh. My home theater system fried tonight.

CorningHog

Note to posters on this thread....

You didn't even address any of the thoughts posted above.  Just the typical, Mitch isn't coming or he is.  I am talking about how the mindset will completely shift to whether he is really that good or not.

There will be a line drawn that will go back to the "Will Malzahn be the OC" and will he have the authority.  Then it will waiver on whether Mitch is really that good.  Some on here will question everything concerning the Hogs and their players and coaches.  It will never fail.  Pessimism will rule after signing day or on signing day.

I was just pointing it out so that we can all be prepared for it.  There will be 2 or 3, maybe 4 or 5 that will come out strongly making predictions and bad mouthing Gus, Houston, Mitch etc..... just so they can spread the doom and gloom.

I guess it will be that way until Arkansas can win 10 games or more.  Get in a January Bowl other than the Cotton and win it!

Just realize that success doesn't just come roaring back all at once.  I would take an SEC Championship with no matter what our record was.  That is my measuring stick, not the amount of wins, but a Championship in the hard earned SEC!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

DukeOfPork

Quote from: CorningHog on January 13, 2006, 02:21:09 pm
I am hoping that Mitch Mustain and others that are very good out of Springdale and the other recruits we are getting will be the best ones that we can sign. Will some choose other schools, yes. Will some out of this class turn out not to be as good, most likely.

The same things happen at most schools in regards to recruiting. Some kids make great strides and contributions and others simply don't, either from their talent, work ethic, injuries, whatever...

ONE THING I hope does not get too much play on here from the Hogville posters, is this.

Once Mitch signs with Arkansas the posters on here begin to doubt all things about him and his talent. They begin the questioning about his really having "offers" from ND, Tennessee or Alabama. The questions again about his Army AA game. The competition of Arkansas football, etc...etc..

I for one hope that these guys can give some of this stuff a complete rest because until Mitch has the chance to perform on the "SEC STAGE" we will all be guessing at just how good he is. Is he good? Well, that is obviously a relative question. He was good enough to win all the awards a high school player could. He won ALL of his H.S. games this year. He had some incredible stats. He impressed enough college recruiters that he drew interest from most everyone, Michigan, Florida, Miami,FL, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Alabama, etc...

The truth is for some fans it will not be enough. For others, it will be that he is Joe Montana and we can expect an instant SEC Championship starting this coming season. Sometime between his freshman and senior years he will have proved enough to most at just how good a QB he is. Until he plays college ball for at least a full season, we need to enjoy just the luxury of having his talent at Arkansas.

The interviews this week certainly proved that he is a very mature and likable young man who has his priorities straight, has good humor and sounds very much like the type of QB that can lead any college team onto the field and get the other players to play hard with him.

Enjoy the excitement when he does announce and once he signs, but don't jump in with all the allegations and insults, because that is too easy for anyone to do.

GO HOGS!

Much ado about nothing.

I simply don't see where that will happen.  I think at best MM is an elite QB.  At worst, he would at least be a serviceable QB that starts at least a couple years.  If he doesn't live up to the hype, I don't think anyone will dog him because he is one of us.

If he comes to the UA, I don't think anyone will care what happened - it will be in the past.  I think everyone will be pulling for him because we will be pleased that he had a choice and he chose Arkansas.

lechon

WRONG !!!!!!!! HE KNOWS STICKING WITH GUS HAS GOT HIM THIS FAR, AND NOW

HAS THE CHANCE TO PLAY WITH AN EXPERIENCED O-LINE, THE BEST RB IN THE NATION,

AND JUST MAYBE 3 OTHER TEAMMATES. GO HOGS GO!!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill