Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Baseball Question

Started by Jeephog, January 13, 2006, 01:25:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeephog

I am too devastated to even talk about FB and Basketball, so I thought I would get a head start on the baseball team.  Anyone know where one could locate a team preview?  Hogwired doesn't have bios up, just the roster. 

CharlieHog

There have been articles on SEBaseball and Rosenblatt Report but they were pay articles. There is a Fall wrap-up article on Hogwired that's pretty good.

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30667&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=204907

Jeephog

Thanks.  Who's the pitcher that was hurt last year that was supposed to be one of the better recruits in the class, comparable to Schmidt?  Is is Gilbert?  I just remember DVH and radio guys mentioning a couple time that one of our best pitching recruits last year hurt his arm.

Bogghawg

Did I see that we were ranked 18th in the pre-season poll?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

CharlieHog

Quote from: Jeephog on January 13, 2006, 02:16:16 pm
Thanks. Who's the pitcher that was hurt last year that was supposed to be one of the better recruits in the class, comparable to Schmidt? Is is Gilbert? I just remember DVH and radio guys mentioning a couple time that one of our best pitching recruits last year hurt his arm.

You're probably thinking of TJ Sinovich. He transferred to Missouri.

Jeephog

Yep, I think that's guy.  Didn't realize he had transferred.

What's the story on Hancock?  If eligible, is he a real contributor immediately? 

HogFather

Quote from: Jeephog on January 13, 2006, 02:35:28 pm
Yep, I think that's guy. Didn't realize he had transferred.

What's the story on Hancock? If eligible, is he a real contributor immediately?

YES-YES-YES-YES.  Considered by some scouts to be the best right-handed highschool (or overall) pitcher in the 2005 MLB amateur draft. 
Could possibly be an instant impact comparable to the likes of Corliss W. with basketball.

HogFather

Any baseball questions can also be asked on www.hognation.net .
Those people are absolute Razorback Baseball Fanatics.  They usually know everything and anything Hog baseball.