Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall this morning

Started by rockhog, January 13, 2006, 10:18:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rockhog

Last few paragraphs pretty good:   "The Arkansas Razorbacks are the NFL and NBA franchises in Arkansas.  For as long as the land grant college has had athletics the teams have belonged to Q. citizen, whether he buys his Razorback jacket at Wal-mart or the Hogmans Hog Pen.  Those are the people who are the most frustrated because they havn't let apathy over-come them.  Those ar the people who deserve for at least one of the major sports to be successful;  to get real victories,  not moral ones.

Hogs4Ever

Little Wally been reading posts here?   ;D

CiriusPorker

is Wally jumping on the fire-a-coach bandwagon?

Thrilbilly

Sometimes Wally has a clue, like in the above post. Sometimes he is off in left field.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on January 13, 2006, 10:25:58 am
Little Wally been reading posts here? ;D

Either that or he's been paying attention to Arkansas sports for the past few years...

rockhog

rockhog

Im about to choke on moral victories.

Apathy

Who's Apathtic? Oh wait... yeah.

Money keeps incompetent people in their positions.  The only way things are going to change is if the fans do in fact stop caring. (i.e. stop sending money, buying tickets, filling up RRS and BWA.)  Since my passion for the Hogs has gone on haitus (certainly not gone forever) college basketball and football have become much more enjoyable.  I refuse to spend any more emotion (or money) until the Athletic Department remembers who and what matter the most.

WestMemphisHogFan

I thought Wally's article today was right on track.  Up until the past couple of years it had been many years since both football and basketball struggled at the same time.  I remember half way during football season I would be thinking, "yeah it's bad, but at least basketball is coming."  We don't have that luxury right now.  Hopefully that is about to turn around.  I have not given up on the BBall season.  I believe that we are going to rally and beat Vandy tomorrow.  I know that they are hot right now, but BWA will be rocking tomorrow, and the hogs will be on their game.  At least that is my prediction!!

mtpockets

Quote from: ConwayHog on January 13, 2006, 10:46:43 am
I think Stan is feeling some of the leftover resentment from Houston plus what he had coming.  I have a feeling if they don't finish above water in SEC play, we may run one coach out of town if Frank doesn't do it first.  I'm not sure anyone that's not from Arkansas (see Houston Nutt) wants to put up with this.

My thoughts exactly.  It pisses me off that Wally defended Houston to the hilt, but come BB time it's on like donkey kong.  He says,  "Those are the people who deserve for at least one of the major sports to be successful;  to get real victories,  not moral ones."  Where was he earlier when the fans were angrier and went farther in trying to get rid of a coach than I had ever seen.  If you want victories then demand it from all sports.  Baseball and Track seem to be doing fine, but then again their coaches expect to win and coach at the level necessary to get it done.

While I am not happy with Stan's performance, I think it is almost laughable to think of firing him when Nutt got to keep his job.

hogsanity

There is a difference though.  Especially this year.  THe FB could not have been expected to do much better than 6-5 AT BEST.  They just did not have the players to beat the GA/LSU/AUb/SO CAL this year.

THis BB should win the West.  Look, as poorly as they have played in the 2 SEC games they only lost by a total of 7 points.  And where did they lose, on the boards both games, and that is effort or lack thereof.  Say what you want about Nutt, his players put forth the effort, can you say the same about the bb team?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HawgWyld

January 13, 2006, 11:03:39 am #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:58:10 pm by HawgWyld
Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2006, 11:00:58 am
There is a difference though. Especially this year. THe FB could not have been expected to do much better than 6-5 AT BEST. They just did not have the players to beat the GA/LSU/AUb/SO CAL this year.

That pretty much sums up the football program right there. Pitiful.

As someone has already stated, it's a sad damn day when people argue over whether Razorbacks football or basketball is worse. Rather like two Star Wars fans debating over whether "Clone Wars" or "The Phantom Menance" sucked more.

jtnhogs

QuoteSometimes Wally has a clue, like in the above post. Sometimes he is off in left field.

Even when he has a clue (seldom), he's a terrible writer.

Deuce Pigelow

Hwagwyld, That is Star Wars you idiiot.

and neither team will gat better until HDN and SH both are fired.

hydrophonic

Quote from: jtnhogs on January 13, 2006, 11:15:02 amEven when he has a clue (seldom), he's a terrible writer.

EXACTLY.  The typical Wally column will have 23 "paragraphs" but only 26 sentences.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Shag66

There is a difference though. Especially this year. THe FB could not have been expected to do much better than 6-5 AT BEST. They just did not have the players to beat the GA/LSU/AUb/SO CAL this year.

THis BB should win the West. Look, as poorly as they have played in the 2 SEC games they only lost by a total of 7 points. And where did they lose, on the boards both games, and that is effort or lack thereof. Say what you want about Nutt, his players put forth the effort, can you say the same about the bb team?

And when exactly did Nolan's teams out rebound anyone?  They DO need to work on some things, but 10 points in 2 games and we are 2 and 0 and everyone is smiling...  Lets see what happens Saturday

nobballconcept

someone said it in this thread:  Stan may not be able to handle the heat if we keep turning up the broiler.  if he loses tomorrow this site will be melting metal.

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogcrazynut69 on January 13, 2006, 11:17:56 am
Hwagwyld, That is Star Wars you idiiot.

and neither team will gat better until HDN and SH both are fired.

It's called a typo, bonehead.

JD Hogg

THis BB should win the West. Look, as poorly as they have played in the 2 SEC games they only lost by a total of 7 points. And where did they lose, on the boards both games, and that is effort or lack thereof. Say what you want about Nutt, his players put forth the effort, can you say the same about the bb team?

Remember this?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=21878.msg208342#msg208342

100+GM HAWG

Sometimes Wally gets it and sometimes he doesn't. His thursday article about the Hogs showing some fight was way off base. The last thing this team has is real fight.

But he was dead on this morning. Keep writing it Wally. Especially about hoops.

Basketball is as bad as it has been since they renovated Barnhill.

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

rockhog

moral victories   2-0,    real wins  0-2!

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Wally finally breaks the bad news to the homer audience -- at least two years too late.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Biggus Piggus

Wally and JR Starr harassed Nolan mercilessly, but Starr's dead and Wally's been a [CENSORED] toward Heath.
[CENSORED]!

RoboRazor

January 13, 2006, 05:01:46 pm #23 Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:12:15 pm by Hog Mild
Wally Hall- same guy that said Robert Johnson reminds him of Clint Stoerner...I stopped reading his columns after that ::)

HawgLover08

Quote from: rockhog on January 13, 2006, 10:18:14 am
Last few paragraphs pretty good: "The Arkansas Razorbacks are the NFL and NBA franchises in Arkansas. For as long as the land grant college has had athletics the teams have belonged to Q. citizen, whether he buys his Razorback jacket at Wal-mart or the Hogmans Hog Pen. Those are the people who are the most frustrated because they havn't let apathy over-come them. Those ar the people who deserve for at least one of the major sports to be successful; to get real victories, not moral ones.
Nice to see Wally say something relevant.

TulsaHogFan

What is he doing?  You would think as a major editor he would want to talk to the majority of fans, you know the ones who are happy.... not us tiny minority of about 5%

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: ConwayHog on January 13, 2006, 07:16:31 pm
Quote from: Hog Mild on January 13, 2006, 05:01:46 pm
Wally Hall- same guy that said Robert Johnson reminds him of Clint Stoerner...I stopped reading his columns after that ::)

Robert Johnson reminds of a basketball player more than anything, especially given the fact that his best pass is also a bounce pass.

Gus honestly has different plans for RJ.  It might be interesting to see what Wood and Gus can do with him in 6 months now that HDN has had 3 years with him.  Hey whoever wins the job will be the best QB in Gus and Wood's minds.  The more competition the better.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: mtpockets on January 13, 2006, 10:55:38 am
Quote from: ConwayHog on January 13, 2006, 10:46:43 am
I think Stan is feeling some of the leftover resentment from Houston plus what he had coming. I have a feeling if they don't finish above water in SEC play, we may run one coach out of town if Frank doesn't do it first. I'm not sure anyone that's not from Arkansas (see Houston Nutt) wants to put up with this.

My thoughts exactly. It pisses me off that Wally defended Houston to the hilt, but come BB time it's on like donkey kong. He says, "Those are the people who deserve for at least one of the major sports to be successful; to get real victories, not moral ones." Where was he earlier when the fans were angrier and went farther in trying to get rid of a coach than I had ever seen. If you want victories then demand it from all sports. Baseball and Track seem to be doing fine, but then again their coaches expect to win and coach at the level necessary to get it done.

While I am not happy with Stan's performance, I think it is almost laughable to think of firing him when Nutt got to keep his job.

You, my man, are correct.  The article ticked me off as well.  That chicken-shiite, little bastard wouldn't call Nutt out if his life depended on it.

jabohog

Quote from: hogsanity July 06, 2005, 08:56:23 AM
As for me, realistically, it looks like 7-4 is very possible.
Once again you contradict yourself. I will give you your basketball argument, but the same applies to the FB team as far as losing by a small point precentage. Let's see, who did you list, Georgia, LSU? Seems we played them close, why doesn't that count?

spahoopsfan

It really gets to me sometimes when people say we expect too much, how can we recruit to little old Arkansas? We can't compete wealth the other schools in recruiting or we were lucky to be able to be 6-5. First off NE Arkansas and the Arkansas campus is as good as any.  Have you been to Gainsville Florida? Sure it is not far from Orlando (1-2 hours) but the city is terrible. We need to stop selling U of A. short. It the coaches responsibility to get these guys on campus.  Another example is Norman OK.  OK City is one of the worst cities in America. Visit OK City then go to the Fayetteville/Springdale area and there is no comparison. This includes the night life. Norman, Gainsville, Oxford. It is just an excuse. McDonnell gets runners from all the world.  You need a coach that doesn't try to find excuses for why they can't bring in the players. Despite Stan's record and the bad pub that Nolan left the program with Stan has still done a good job of recruiting and has never gave excuses. And don't give me basketball has fewer players, that's another excuse.
I believe Stan will do better when he realizes he needs a real leader on the floor with the basketball.

riccoar

Wally said on the Morning Buzz show that Heath got visibly pissed "off air" after Jimmy Dykes said "We'll see what happens when this team plays a real road game."

hog caller

wally don't jump, he just climbs on board the fire wagon