Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soft basketball team

Started by ugh, January 13, 2006, 08:55:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ugh

This basketball team is soft.It takes hard work & guts to play d & rebound .So far this team has not had it in sec play .
.(no guts no glory.)

BentonHog

I think this team is a reflection of the coaching staff, I truely believe the potential is there for these players to be good hard players, but they lack the "fire in the belly" to close on teams.  I think they work hard and try, but they lack a field general to fire them up and get the killer instinct to go out and beat teams.  I think they play soft because their head coach is soft. 
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

hogfankb

I still think it shouldn't take a coach to make players play hard. But if they aren't going to do it themselves i guess someone better start getting on their case.

Hey BentonHog, how is Joe Bob and the team doing this year.

BentonHog

I think the coach should modivate the team, get them fired up and ready to go.  This team just looks lost.  They have that deer in headlights look at times, just like Heath does.  This team doesn't have a field general on the court or off of it.  I am not wanting Heath to go all Bob Knight or anything, but I would like to see a little temper flare or something.  Show me you care, push the team or something. 
Joe Bob and the team are doing good, they were expected to have a good season and at least early on, it seems to be going that way.
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

hogfankb

As an ex-benton basketball alum it is good to hear they r winning. But I am a little jealous. Watson Chapel/Lake Hamilton as conference opponents. They should be forced to play McClellan ouf of conference. Never been bleeding so much from a basketball game after leaving McClellan.

BentonHog

Wow back to the old days.  When did you grad from Benton?

hogfankb

BentonHog

It was old days for me.  I got out in '90. 

ugh

Quote from: hogfankb on January 13, 2006, 09:32:36 am
I still think it shouldn't take a coach to make players play hard. But if they aren't going to do it themselves i guess someone better start getting on their case.

I was a basketball official .Worked a lot of Jo Bob games .When he played in the AiC & when  he coached.

hogfankb

January 13, 2006, 10:16:12 am #9 Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:17:45 am by hogfankb
Quote from: ugh on January 13, 2006, 10:13:50 am
Quote from: hogfankb on January 13, 2006, 09:32:36 am

I was a basketball official .Worked a lot of Jo Bob games .When he played in the AiC & when he coached.

Did you like him? You don't have to answer that if you don't want. I have always wondered if refs hated most of the coaches the worked with. I only played one year under him. The rest of the time was Coach Hall.

Ugly Uncle

So, you are saying we are soft?

Retired Radio Host

HogFather

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 13, 2006, 10:18:25 am
So, you are saying we are soft?

Don't you think so?  Something is not right with the team.

Ugly Uncle

Soft...yes.  Maybe that says it all...or maybe that is just one of many problems.   I think there is NO discipline on the team...on or off the court. 
Retired Radio Host

BentonHog

Do the kids have any respect for their coach?

pfrg999

Soft like 1600 thread count egyptian cotton sheets
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!