Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: I am going to say this one time.

Started by HighOnHogs, January 13, 2006, 06:45:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HighOnHogs

JFHWGBKRIII

hogfan38843

This board is real help to the fans that are not in the state of Ark. Keep up the good work. Mods. Thanks

Hog6

Quote from: hogfan38843 on January 13, 2006, 07:54:16 am
This board is real help to the fans that are not in the state of Ark. Keep up the good work. Mods. Thanks

Exactly!  Keep after the trolls, mods.

cpohog

Some people do not know how well they have it.  I am in the U.S Navy and I travel all over the world. During 6 month deployments when I am away from my wife and 2 children, the days are very long and difficult.  It doesn't matter if I am thousands of miles away in Afganistan, Irag, or even chasing drug runners in the Carabbean, I know that when I need a little cheering up, I can pull up Hogville and tap into the people that I have something in common with. I can read about the one thing that I have been passionate about my entire life (44 rys). I have lived in Dallas, Tx in the early 80's and caught hell from them for being a Razorback and for the past 13 years I have been in Jacksonville, Fl and I catch hell from everyone (UGA, Fla, LSU, Bama, Tenn, FSU, you name it and I catch hell from them. But that is fine, they can finish 4-7 and my Razorbacks are still my Razorbacks and no one will ever be able to take that from me. Wether I agree with things up on the hill or not (as far as the coaches) that is not important. What is important, is that I have a way to get my Razorback FIX when I need it. Mods you guys provide me with this and I thank you, keep up the good work.

P.S. I grew up in Mena. My family still lives there. Everytime I get a chance to go home and visit the subject of Otis (he is from Mena also) comes up and we get a good laugh about it. If the people of Arkansas only knew as much about him as those of us that grew up with and around him. HA,HA,HA!!! 

karma26

Quote from: cpohog on January 13, 2006, 09:10:03 am
Some people do not know how well they have it. I am in the U.S Navy and I travel all over the world. During 6 month deployments when I am away from my wife and 2 children, the days are very long and difficult. It doesn't matter if I am thousands of miles away in Afganistan, Irag, or even chasing drug runners in the Carabbean, I know that when I need a little cheering up, I can pull up Hogville and tap into the people that I have something in common with. I can read about the one thing that I have been passionate about my entire life (44 rys). I have lived in Dallas, Tx in the early 80's and caught hell from them for being a Razorback and for the past 13 years I have been in Jacksonville, Fl and I catch hell from everyone (UGA, Fla, LSU, Bama, Tenn, FSU, you name it and I catch hell from them. But that is fine, they can finish 4-7 and my Razorbacks are still my Razorbacks and no one will ever be able to take that from me. Wether I agree with things up on the hill or not (as far as the coaches) that is not important. What is important, is that I have a way to get my Razorback FIX when I need it. Mods you guys provide me with this and I thank you, keep up the good work.

P.S. I grew up in Mena. My family still lives there. Everytime I get a chance to go home and visit the subject of Otis (he is from Mena also) comes up and we get a good laugh about it. If the people of Arkansas only knew as much about him as those of us that grew up with and around him. HA,HA,HA!!!

Thats pretty much what it's all about isn't it   :)

PigKuneDo

Great post, cpohog... Thanks for everything you do in the Navy... Instant Karma for you!

Thanks again...

- Bert

HawgWyld

Some people do not know how well they have it. I am in the U.S Navy and I travel all over the world. During 6 month deployments when I am away from my wife and 2 children, the days are very long and difficult. It doesn't matter if I am thousands of miles away in Afganistan, Irag, or even chasing drug runners in the Carabbean, I know that when I need a little cheering up, I can pull up Hogville and tap into the people that I have something in common with. I can read about the one thing that I have been passionate about my entire life (44 rys). I have lived in Dallas, Tx in the early 80's and caught hell from them for being a Razorback and for the past 13 years I have been in Jacksonville, Fl and I catch hell from everyone (UGA, Fla, LSU, Bama, Tenn, FSU, you name it and I catch hell from them. But that is fine, they can finish 4-7 and my Razorbacks are still my Razorbacks and no one will ever be able to take that from me. Wether I agree with things up on the hill or not (as far as the coaches) that is not important. What is important, is that I have a way to get my Razorback FIX when I need it. Mods you guys provide me with this and I thank you, keep up the good work.

You need to post more. :)

HighOnHogs

Thanks for serving us and our country.  Only Hero's serve!

HogFather

Whataboar™

God bless you and your dear family for the sacrifices you make for the security of our country.
May the time away from your family pass quickly, friend.  :)
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

CiriusPorker

I suppose that with almost 1000 posts, I am not one of those...

HogInaStrangeLand

Yes.  Thank you to all of those in both armed forces and law enforcement who serve our nation.

hogpowr

Hello All!!  This is my first post, I've been lurkin around here about a week.  Ever since Hoophog read that post on drivetime last friday?.?.  Anyway, its been a good new source of info......this is probably the fastest and most up to date.  Holly Crap!! there is ALOT of negative energy around here sometimes.....we are hog fans right.  I get real down about the hogs sometimes too.(I.E. last Vandy Game)  Maybe I just need to get tougher skined.  The way I see it is, bashing the coaches is NOT a good way to support our team.  Broyles doesnt care what we think......he just wants a winner too.  YOU cant fire the coach or even influence  the length of his tenure.  It is ONLY negative.  Sorry about the rant, I feel better.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hogpowr on January 13, 2006, 10:27:30 am
Hello All!!  This is my first post, I've been lurkin around here about a week.  Ever since Hoophog read that post on drivetime last friday?.?.  Anyway, its been a good new source of info......this is probably the fastest and most up to date.  Holly Crap!! there is ALOT of negative energy around here sometimes.....we are hog fans right.  I get real down about the hogs sometimes too.(I.E. last Vandy Game)  Maybe I just need to get tougher skined.  The way I see it is, bashing the coaches is NOT a good way to support our team.  Broyles doesnt care what we think......he just wants a winner too.  YOU cant fire the coach or even influence  the length of his tenure.  It is ONLY negative.  Sorry about the rant, I feel better.

I find it interesting and amusing that your first post is put here on a 'rule' thread.  Welcome aboard..thanks for the comments.

hogpowr

Sorry ......I didnt realize this was a "rule" thread.  I thought someone was trying to differentiate between a troll and negative hog fan. 
Welcome Coach Bielema!

bdutt

We must win this war on terror. Way to go HSV Woot!
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hogpowr on January 13, 2006, 10:37:36 am
Sorry ......I didnt realize this was a "rule" thread.  I thought someone was trying to differentiate between a troll and negative hog fan. 

you're right..whenever i see hSv, i usually associate it with a rule thread.  No big deal, i applauded you to make up for it. :)

HogFather

Quote from: hogpowr on January 13, 2006, 10:27:30 am
Hello All!! This is my first post, I've been lurkin around here about a week. Ever since Hoophog read that post on drivetime last friday?.?. Anyway, its been a good new source of info......this is probably the fastest and most up to date. Holly Crap!! there is ALOT of negative energy around here sometimes.....we are hog fans right. I get real down about the hogs sometimes too.(I.E. last Vandy Game) Maybe I just need to get tougher skined. The way I see it is, bashing the coaches is NOT a good way to support our team. Broyles doesnt care what we think......he just wants a winner too. YOU cant fire the coach or even influence the length of his tenure. It is ONLY negative. Sorry about the rant, I feel better.

Negativity?What negativity?

SMIYYYYYYTE!

Welcome   :)

pbjones81

cleanin' house biotches.......awesome.  I can name a few users to start with.  :)