Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

johnny dawkins

Started by mbgrulz, January 12, 2006, 07:20:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

i think that other than rick majerous or some other bigtime coach ie - mark few, rick patino, etc.. johnny dawkins would be a great hire. he has been under the greatest mind basketball has ever seen for the last few years and i think he is ready for the big time. what do yall think

Nutt_Hate_Me

I agree.  I used to love the way he would tear down backboards back in the day, playing with Dr. J and Moses Malone.  He would really add some flair and character to the team.  Lovetron baby!
It's great to be home.

dmhog v2.0

I wouldn't want anyting to do with Duke. They is the debil.

Mike Tencleve

Johnny Dawkins would be great, but that won't happen. He will be the next head coach at Duke. He has had several offers to be a head coach.

dukefan

Johnny Dawkins has some sense he is staying right where he is.  Being the top assistant at Duke is better than any other caching job in America.  GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CallMeAl

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 12, 2006, 07:20:25 pm
i think that other than rick majerous or some other bigtime coach ie - mark few, rick patino, etc.. johnny dawkins would be a great hire. he has been under the greatest mind basketball has ever seen for the last few years and i think he is ready for the big time. what do yall think

Just beacause Dawkins is on Puke's bench with Coach Kjffqhqwtnvlajvjhaoglaajdgjafj, doesn't mean he would be a good head coach. That is where Missouri got their head coach and he can't even beat our head coach.
Hog since birth.

dukefan

Coach Quinn has prettier hair than your Coach!!!!!!!!!

mbgrulz

dawkins has a while before he gets his hands on the duke program. coach k is young yet. if he is meant for the duke job,it will come to him(see roy williams at UNC). he needs to prove he can win on his own before a place like duke would even think about him. to whoever said that they wouldnt want anything to do with duke, bless your heart. if i were feeding my family on college basketball, i would study everything about duke and why they are so successful. there is a reason why coach k can get a bunch of undersized guys to play with a toughness like no other and an ability to pull out win after win. i for one applaud duke.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on January 12, 2006, 09:16:24 pm
I agree. I used to love the way he would tear down backboards back in the day, playing with Dr. J and Moses Malone. He would really add some flair and character to the team. Lovetron baby!

Don't feel bad, I *got* it.

;)
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on January 12, 2006, 09:16:24 pm
I agree. I used to love the way he would tear down backboards back in the day, playing with Dr. J and Moses Malone. He would really add some flair and character to the team. Lovetron baby!

You got Chocolate Thunder Darryl Dawkins mizxed up with Johnny Dawkins..Darryl never played in college. Johnny was an  amazing 2-guard in the NBA for the Sixers though in the late 80s and early 90s.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

dukefan

mbgrulz you had to have graduated Harvard, Yale, or West Point.

Kevin

has a duke assistant gone on to have a great head coaching career?
quinn-no and cheats

david henderson-no at delaware

mike brey-successful at delaware, early at nd but now struggling

dawkins has the same demeanor as heath and will not leave durham, doesn't want to recruit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

silvertip

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 12, 2006, 07:20:25 pm

Coach K is not the greatest BB mind ever. I can think of 2 better real quick---Eddie Sutton & Phil Jackson.

dmhog v2.0

Pat Riley, Larry Brown and John Wooden are also better.

mbgrulz

okay first off,  we will all just pretend that you didnt just put eddie "no championship" sutton in the same sentence with these guys. eddie is a good coach. his teams play good defense, but he will never win the big one. phil has had the luxury of coaching MJ and scottie, and Shaq and kobe. name a team that phil has put together and molded himself. he will never win one with kobe as the sole star. pat riley has also coached dream teams. he won all his rings on the coat-tails of a couple of hall of famers. i wont make too much of an argument against wooden, i mean how can you? i will say that he did not have to go through as rigorous of a season as today's players do. the final tournament was also a much narrower field. if you say that a coach is as good as coach k, then i'll hear you out, but to say that some of these guys are flat out better, i start to ? whether you are a true basketball fan, or just passing the time until football season gets back around.

also for the guy who said that Johnny D. was too much like heath, i got to thinking that you are probably right. the only reason i pulled his name out of the hat was because of his knowledge of coach k's system. good point.

Buck Ocean

QuoteI used to love the way he would tear down backboards back in the day, playing with Dr. J and Moses Malone.

Yeah I do think you got the names mixed up a little bit with D.Dawkins, but on the other hand....

It would be revolutionary to see 6-3 185 lb Johnny hangin off the vine, displaying 50 inch vertical, having broom boys staffed at all times in fear of a backboards shattering across the floor.

But on the contrary,

It would also be fair to dream of Darryl Dawkins coaching SEC basketball with his 6-10 300 lb frame being seen on the bench.

Hell, since we're just naming off ol Sixers then how about Manute Bol?
Think like a Jedi

dukefan

kevin, Tommy Amaker has Michigan on the way up!!!