Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving to Springdale

Started by HogFansReunited, January 12, 2006, 07:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

First of all sorry mods I know this does not belong here but wanted to get the word out.  I will probably be moving to Springdale area next week.  I am tired of the prices here.  I will be looking for a job and a house in the area after I get there.  If anyone knows of a place please let me know.  Thanks.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Shag66

Quote from: FireNutt on January 12, 2006, 07:00:01 pm
First of all sorry mods I know this does not belong here but wanted to get the word out. I will probably be moving to Springdale area next week. I am tired of the prices here. I will be looking for a job and a house in the area after I get there. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Tyson is hiring!  :P

What exactly are you qualified to do sir?

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Shag66 on January 12, 2006, 07:18:24 pm
Quote from: FireNutt on January 12, 2006, 07:00:01 pm
First of all sorry mods I know this does not belong here but wanted to get the word out. I will probably be moving to Springdale area next week. I am tired of the prices here. I will be looking for a job and a house in the area after I get there. If anyone knows of a place please let me know. Thanks.

Tyson is hiring!  :P

What exactly are you qualified to do sir?

I'm needing a job too...i have a MPA and experience in HR..but i've already interviewed with Tyson..no luck there!

WILL CLINTON

Geez, is everyone moving to that part of Arkansas?  Since my plant is laying me off, that is the #1 and actually only place I am looking for a job.  For what it's worth, Monster and HotJobs are no luck.  I thought moving from Camden to that area would be a huge cost of living increase, but I have found some townhouses that "SOUND" nice and are reasonable priced, but may turn out to be dumps. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Oh, and I am a very outgoing person looking for a job that will demand excellence.  I have experience in Inventory Control, Data Entry and Retrieval, Data Control, Quality Control, Receiving Inspection, Calibration, Computer Repair, Inside (phone) sales, telemarketing, Merchandising, and General Laborer in a Mfg. facility. ;D

Eugene

Concerning a house, check your email.

Shag66

lol  Guys the only people up here that are un-employed are the people that don't want jobs... 

RazorNick

Quote from: Shag66 on January 12, 2006, 07:40:44 pm
lol Guys the only people up here that are un-employed are the people that don't want jobs...

Anybody looking for a steel erector?

WILL CLINTON

So, I shouldn't be worried about taking my severance package, 401k, income tax refund, and moving up there without a job, drawing unemployment for a couple of months and then trying to find a job?  should be pretty easy to find a job in the $14 an hour range?

jkcrunch

i would not come up here expecting it the be cheap in NWA housing prices up here are comparable to Dallas area

TNhogfan

Quote from: dubyacee on January 12, 2006, 07:36:25 pm
Oh, and I am a very outgoing person looking for a job that will demand excellence.  I have experience in Inventory Control, Data Entry and Retrieval, Data Control, Quality Control, Receiving Inspection, Calibration, Computer Repair, Inside (phone) sales, telemarketing, Merchandising, and General Laborer in a Mfg. facility. ;D
With all of that experience you shouldn't have to leave the Queen City to get work - surely Dixie Dog or East Camden Golf Course or something would be hiring.

Boarcephus

Quote from: jkcrunch on January 12, 2006, 08:04:02 pm
i would not come up here expecting it the be cheap in NWA housing prices up here are comparable to Dallas area

If you don't mind west Fayetteville, out towards Lincoln and Prairie Grove, the houses are pretty darn cheap. East Fayetteville, the newer additions in Bentonville and Rogers are going to run you in the $105/sq ft. and up.  Depends on what and where you want.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 12, 2006, 08:09:33 pm
Oh, and I am a very outgoing person looking for a job that will demand excellence. I have experience in Inventory Control, Data Entry and Retrieval, Data Control, Quality Control, Receiving Inspection, Calibration, Computer Repair, Inside (phone) sales, telemarketing, Merchandising, and General Laborer in a Mfg. facility. ;D
With all of that experience you shouldn't have to leave the Queen City to get work - surely Dixie Dog or East Camden Golf Course or something would be hiring.

So we have a comedian in our midst.  I don't even know what the hell the dixie dog is, and the East Camden Golf Course doesn't need any of what I am qualified to do.  If you are in TN, how the hell do you know anything about Camden?

Shag66

QuoteAnybody looking for a steel erector?

Should take you about 12 minutes to find a job with all the construction going on here....

QuoteSo, I shouldn't be worried about taking my severance package, 401k, income tax refund, and moving up there without a job, drawing unemployment for a couple of months and then trying to find a job?  should be pretty easy to find a job in the $14 an hour range?

with your experience?  You would have a job within 2 weeks.  My advice is check out the online want ads in the Northwest Edition of the ol' ArkDemGaz or The Morning News...  If you haven't been up here in a while, you won't recognize the place...

Arkanian

Have you tried JB Hunt?  I am a computer engineerer for them and is a great place to work for.

turbo2000

Housing in NW Ark is high compared to rest of Ark(LR may be the only area comparable). Jobs are easy to come by. Depending on experience you should find jobs ranging in pay $12-$20. Western Ark you will find more affordable housing. Job market will be tighter. Pay range will be $10-$15. Good luck.

Truffler

QuoteI'm needing a job too...i have a MPA

So what you're saying is that you're not qualified to do anything.   

Just kidding, I have a BS in Poli Sci.  You could just do like everyone else and go to law school. 

Shag66

Poli Sci from UofA?  I SO enjoyed the those classes there...  Ahh the good ol' days...  Knock down drag out fights in class over political opinions!  It's what prepared me for Message Board Surfing!

TNhogfan

Quote from: dubyacee on January 12, 2006, 08:11:36 pm
Oh, and I am a very outgoing person looking for a job that will demand excellence. I have experience in Inventory Control, Data Entry and Retrieval, Data Control, Quality Control, Receiving Inspection, Calibration, Computer Repair, Inside (phone) sales, telemarketing, Merchandising, and General Laborer in a Mfg. facility. ;D

So we have a comedian in our midst. I don't even know what the hell the dixie dog is, and the East Camden Golf Course doesn't need any of what I am qualified to do. If you are in TN, how the hell do you know anything about Camden?
Not talking about your qualifications just making a comment on how terrible the economy in Camden has become since 1990.  It is sad that there is nothing there for someone with your experiences.  I know about Camden/East Camden cause it's my hometown, left at the end of 1989 just before everything went bad to go to grad school.  Dixie Dog was a dump down on Adams Avenue that Edward Parham made famous in an article back around 1986 or so in the Camden News.  Maybe someday Camden will be alive again.  It was a good place to live all through the 80s.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: TNhogfan on January 12, 2006, 10:17:41 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on January 12, 2006, 08:11:36 pm

So we have a comedian in our midst. I don't even know what the hell the dixie dog is, and the East Camden Golf Course doesn't need any of what I am qualified to do. If you are in TN, how the hell do you know anything about Camden?
Not talking about your qualifications just making a comment on how terrible the economy in Camden has become since 1990. It is sad that there is nothing there for someone with your experiences. I know about Camden/East Camden cause it's my hometown, left at the end of 1989 just before everything went bad to go to grad school. Dixie Dog was a dump down on Adams Avenue that Edward Parham made famous in an article back around 1986 or so in the Camden News. Maybe someday Camden will be alive again. It was a good place to live all through the 80s.

Well, with the news of ARC Automotive laying off 300+ by June, and another company laying off it's whole work force of 15, it doesn't look good.  Oh, I don't know if you saw my post the other day, but our genious mayor said that "the loss of 300+ jobs, it is disappointing to lose that workforce, but it is not devastating."  You want to come back and run for mayor, we will be in the market for one at the next election...