Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame Message Board Talking about Arkansas beating USC and MUSTAIN!!!

Started by HogKong, January 12, 2006, 03:56:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogKong

Just flipped over to the Irish Illustrated message board and their a thread started talking about how AR will upset USC next year.  It then goes on to sarcastically talk about Mustain beating out Brady Quinn, and throwing 10 td's for the Irish against USC.

Thought it was funny to see them discussing AR on their site.

Click here and scroll down just a bit. It is titled AR to beat USC in first game of 2006

http://notredame.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=961&fid=335&style=1

Hogwild07

I like that McFadden  is getting the respect he reserves nationwide.

Shocktheman

HogKong

It must be nice to be in a situatiion that you really do not care if you get the best prospect in the nation, b/c of the rest of your recruiting class.  Notre Dame is a great school, however the one negative about going there is that you have no chance to win a conference championship!  So it's either NC or bust for them!

tulsahog36

It would not surprise if Ark wins that game.  Bush, White and Leinart are gone.  It is not the same USC team, plus arkansas will be pleanty pissed and play at a very high level, the memory of those last 4th quarter td passes and our flag being disgraced by their fans will drive ark one of their more emotionally charged efforts of the Nutt era.  Arkansas will win that game.

bigred7987

do we remember what their 3rd string did to us? Oh yea same thing their first string did

Cure

Lets not forget that HDN was in way over his head with that game...The offense played a C- game and the defense just wasnt even there :-\ :razorback:
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

lumphog

We`ll have a DEFENSE next year, and Dmac & Jones will give them "Bush flashbacks".

Shag66

Quote from: tulsahog36 on January 12, 2006, 08:23:37 pm
It would not surprise if Ark wins that game. Bush, White and Leinart are gone. It is not the same USC team, plus arkansas will be pleanty pissed and play at a very high level, the memory of those last 4th quarter td passes and our flag being disgraced by their fans will drive ark one of their more emotionally charged efforts of the Nutt era. Arkansas will win that game.

Aren't some of their Offensive Linemen going pro too?  Anyone seen any announcements on that?

HogKong

No announcements on any junior lineman leaving early, but two of their starters Justice and Lutui were seniors

rlamb

This series with Southern Cal reminds me of the 72-74 series with them.  I don't want to talk about the 72 game but we went out to LA in 73 with an average team and they were in the National Title hunt as usual back then.  They beat us a fairly respectable 17-0 but then they came back to little Rock the next year and ranked # 5 I think but eventually won 1 version of the national Title that year.  But we beat them 22-6 for their only loss of the year.

We led from word go and Jimmy Johnson's defense were all over Pat Hayden, A. D. Davis & everyone else on USC's offense.  We happened to have a new #55 one Dennis "Dirt" Winston
as middle linebacker 6' 2" & 230 and after the game All American & 2nd in the Heisman voting that
year, A. D. Davis, tailback for USC said,  I had been warned about that #55 but still after the game
Davis said he hit me so hard & so often, "my shadow even hurt"!!!!

#55 meant a lot back then as All America linebacker's Wayne "the Thumper" Harris, Ronnie caveness & All America offensive guard Jim Barnes had all worn that number in the 60's. Maybe
Tyrell Graham will take over Dennis Winston's roll on whoever the TB for USC will be this year?
We will beat them as the Hogs have traditionally done well in revenge games.  Look at the Texas series and the Miami series of the late 80's.

mtpockets

Quote from: HogKong on January 12, 2006, 10:04:07 pm
No announcements on any junior lineman leaving early, but two of their starters Justice and Lutui were seniors

ESPN Radio just announced that their main Jr. O-Lineman has decided to enter the draft.

RazorNick

Quote from: mtpockets on January 13, 2006, 03:15:51 pm
Quote from: HogKong on January 12, 2006, 10:04:07 pm

ESPN Radio just announced that their main Jr. O-Lineman has decided to enter the draft.

Looks like we will just have to hope that MM picks us over them instead of hoping ND want have room.

Doug

We are looking to avenge our loss last year, and I think, especially with Mitch on board (hopefully), that we're not only going to win, we will dominate them.  We are NOT going to be the same team that we were last year.

I, for one, want to see the Hogs take in the Crying Shame on national TV.  :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

PulledPork

Quote from: rlamb on January 12, 2006, 11:47:36 pm

This series with Southern Cal reminds me of the 72-74 series with them. I don't want to talk about the 72 game but we went out to LA in 73 with an average team and they were in the National Title hunt as usual back then. They beat us a fairly respectable 17-0 but then they came back to little Rock the next year and ranked # 5 I think but eventually won 1 version of the national Title that year. But we beat them 22-6 for their only loss of the year.

We led from word go and Jimmy Johnson's defense were all over Pat Hayden, A. D. Davis & everyone else on USC's offense. We happened to have a new #55 one Dennis "Dirt" Winston
as middle linebacker 6' 2" & 230 and after the game All American & 2nd in the Heisman voting that
year, A. D. Davis, tailback for USC said, I had been warned about that #55 but still after the game
Davis said he hit me so hard & so often, "my shadow even hurt"!!!!

#55 meant a lot back then as All America linebacker's Wayne "the Thumper" Harris, Ronnie caveness & All America offensive guard Jim Barnes had all worn that number in the 60's. Maybe
Tyrell Graham will take over Dennis Winston's roll on whoever the TB for USC will be this year?
We will beat them as the Hogs have traditionally done well in revenge games. Look at the Texas series and the Miami series of the late 80's.
you had me until "miami", I still don't remember beating them.......anywhere.