Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MM

Started by hog56, January 12, 2006, 03:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog56

Thank you for the interview this morning. I now understand what you are going through and your indecision. I will respect your decision no matter what and wish you good luck in the future. Now, We need you and your playing time will be greatly improved with us over ND.
Good luck and God speed on your future.

hawgstuckinaustin

they are already calling mm the next ron paulus on the notre dame board.  come to ua and be the next mitch mustain

formerhawg

Mitch,
Enjoyed hearing your interview today. I am a former Razorback and I can relate to what you are going through. I was recruited by many different schools and the decision is tough. I definitely think you should take advantage of the visits because it is fun to be treated like royalty for a weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it but am also 100% happy that I decided to become a Razorback. It was the team I grew up cheering for and loved in my heart, and I do not have any regrets of going to the U of A. It is a very special place and nothing can beat having the HOGS CALLED for you. Go with your heart on this one. I hope to see you doning the Red and White next year, but if don't, good luck to wherever you go. Just believe me when I say that the U of A is a great school, gives you all the opportunities other universities do, and is going to be a great program again. You just have to follow your heart and go where you will be the happiest.

Deuce Pigelow

Mitch,
      Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us hear things straight from the horses mouth, instead of listening to all of the rumors. Don't listen to all the negative posters on this site. While we really want you on the hill, we will respect your decision and wish you the best.

pfrg999

Mitch is a better person than he is a player.... IMHO
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

whatsshakinbacon

You know that first crisp fall game of the year...yeah that game when you hear the drums from outside the stadium...you walk in, laugh at all the crazy Razorback outfits/makeup, find your seat just in time to stand back up and sing the National Anthem.  Then the Alma Mater, yeah, the one where graduates proudly point their fingers to the heavens to show their allegiance to our beloved Hogs.

The band reassembles frantically into an "A" as you watch the scene unfold on the largest jumbotron at a sports venue IN THE WORLD.  The band begins to march back and forth as you sing the fight song.  The hair on the back of your neck starts to stand on end and you get chills as you begin to call the hogs...the most infamous cheer in all of sports, amateur or professional, in the entire universe.  The cool breeze slaps the back of your collar against your neck and you look down at the opposing locker room entrance to see...gasp...a FORMIDABLE SEC opponent swagger into the building.  Is it Florida?  Tennessee?  Georgia?  Alabama?  They come ranked in the top 10 and the game is on CBS nationwide...again. 

The opposing fans and their band are loud, but drowned out by our fans and band as we begin to cheer the Razorbacks led onto the field by none other than First Team All Americans in McFadden, Monk and Mustain....our version of the 3M Attack!

This is not far from happening guys - we have our offense.  we have our defense.  we have a coach who will focus on what he does best - motivating! 

Mitchell Mustain - if you are a hog fan, and I think you are, you cannot help but close your eyes and envision this scenario and realize that you are the missing piece to the puzzle.  May you be a Razorback and may Paul Eels lose his voice from all the screaming as our offense...with you in lead...takes the world by storm.

Bacon out...

Geohul

Absolutely fantastic post Bacon.  Maybe your best ever, and that's sayin' something.

Hogs958

All he has to do is picture himself walking out that tunnel and running through that A. I think hes a hog..at least I hope...you da man Mitch!

Golfer

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 12, 2006, 05:17:41 pm

Have yoiu seen him play other than in the Army All-Star game?

pbjones81

Quote from: Golfer on January 12, 2006, 05:55:29 pm

golfer, the way I took that statement was that pfrg999 was praising mitchs' character rather than taking a jab at his athletic abilities...Mitch is an amazing athlete, but its also obvious that he is a great young man with a good head on his shoulders. 

Golfer

Quote from: pbjones81 on January 12, 2006, 06:10:08 pm
Quote from: Golfer on January 12, 2006, 05:55:29 pm

golfer, the way I took that statement was that pfrg999 was praising mitchs' character rather than taking a jab at his athletic abilities...Mitch is an amazing athlete, but its also obvious that he is a great young man with a good head on his shoulders.

If that was his intent, then I totally agree. I just took it to mean that he was  a good person, but not a good player.  I hope you are right so I an agree with him.

Thrilbilly

Just heard the MM interview. I must say my hats off to him and I hope we get him. Great interview and great poise on Mitch's part.

hog wild

Mitch,

You are about to make a very important decision choosing a college to play football and also get a quality education.
I hope you read my post in the recruiting forum (Proud we are Razorbacks)  As I stated the Razorbacks are more than just a football team, they are family to all who play.  Coach Nutt truly cares for his players after their playing days are over.

When my son was being recruited he was overwhelmed with the constant calls and letters from the various schools that were recruiting him.  One day we went to lunch former Razorback Martine Bearcher came over and talked to us.
Martine could tell that my sons heart was telling him to be a Razorback but still was not sure.

Martine then proceeded to tell us his story on how he became a Razorback.
He told us back in the days when he was being recruited the recruites had to pay their way on official visits.
Martine wanted to take a visit to Notre Dame and ask his dad for money for a bus ticket.
His dad told him no and told him he should play for the Razorbacks and represent his state with pride!

Martine told us that looking back he was glad his dad did not give him the money to buy that bus ticket.
He told us as I've expeirenced the Razorbacks are family!

The last thing Martine told us was he was born to be a Razorback and he will die a Razorback!

I'm sorry to say Martine passed away last year, yes a Razorback and is now looking down on us from Hog Heven.

Brer Hog

January 12, 2006, 10:09:56 pm #13 Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:11:40 pm by Brer Hog
Mitch, great Interview today; just listened.  I was very pleased to hear what a fine, level-headed, and respectful young man you are -  a true Field General, it appears.    Hog Hats off to you Miss Beck!  You've obviously done an outstanding job.

Great post by the way Bacon, I could smell the anticipation just before kickoff.  ... Mitch, we know you got a tough decision to make and your smart to make sure its right for you.  Go with your gut! 

However, speaking as a matriculated Razorback, we sure hope you'll come be a Hog... 'cause if you don't and we ever play against you... nothing personal, but you know will be trying to smite ya!! 

Hope it never comes to that.

Good Luck and God bless.

Hillis4heisman

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on January 12, 2006, 05:28:02 pm
You know that first crisp fall game of the year...yeah that game when you hear the drums from outside the stadium...you walk in, laugh at all the crazy Razorback outfits/makeup, find your seat just in time to stand back up and sing the National Anthem.  Then the Alma Mater, yeah, the one where graduates proudly point their fingers to the heavens to show their allegiance to our beloved Hogs.

The band reassembles frantically into an "A" as you watch the scene unfold on the largest jumbotron at a sports venue IN THE WORLD.  The band begins to march back and forth as you sing the fight song.  The hair on the back of your neck starts to stand on end and you get chills as you begin to call the hogs...the most infamous cheer in all of sports, amateur or professional, in the entire universe.  The cool breeze slaps the back of your collar against your neck and you look down at the opposing locker room entrance to see...gasp...a FORMIDABLE SEC opponent swagger into the building.  Is it Florida?  Tennessee?  Georgia?  Alabama?  They come ranked in the top 10 and the game is on CBS nationwide...again. 

The opposing fans and their band are loud, but drowned out by our fans and band as we begin to cheer the Razorbacks led onto the field by none other than First Team All Americans in McFadden, Monk and Mustain....our version of the 3M Attack!

This is not far from happening guys - we have our offense.  we have our defense.  we have a coach who will focus on what he does best - motivating! 

Mitchell Mustain - if you are a hog fan, and I think you are, you cannot help but close your eyes and envision this scenario and realize that you are the missing piece to the puzzle.  May you be a Razorback and may Paul Eels lose his voice from all the screaming as our offense...with you in lead...takes the world by storm.

Bacon out...
Karma to you my friend Many Many good karma

Hillis4heisman

Bottom line Mitch...You are and always will be one of us and we all stick together...Give us some good news that we so badly need Mitch

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

May the force be with you, Mitchell.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

DukeOfPork

Hey Mitch,

I just listened to the Press Row archived show and I enjoyed listening to you.  It sounded like you guys had some fun and that made it entertaining to listen to.

I gotta give you a big thumbs up for taking the time to "clear the air"; I think everybody respects that.

All I have to say is that I get the sense that everybody that follows the Razorbacks is pulling for you to do well and we're all proud of what you've done thus far in terms of the national respect you and your teammates have brought to football in Arkansas.  If you choose to continue your career in Arkansas, you're going to experience a level of support from the fans that you won't find anywhere else.  The other schools you're considering each have specific benefits to offer and they each have some unique qualities.  But if you choose to be a Razorback, I assure you that you will not find a fan base that will appreciate you more than we will.

RockyMtnHog

Bacon, that was one of the classiest post that I have read on any board.  Well Done!

Just a short note to Mitch if he reads this.  I wish you all the luck in the world and in the end hoping that you are a HOG!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RebelHawg

Damn Bacon that was one hell of a post. True Hog fan. Hope Mitch will see that and make the whole state stand up and call the hogs when he commits.