Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Realistic replacements if worst came to worst...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 12, 2006, 11:58:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 19, 2006, 08:42:55 pm
Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on January 19, 2006, 08:28:12 pm
You people amaze me. A couple of alll time Razorback greats are mentioned in this thread and their names have been absolutely butchered.

Joe Klien / Klein
Daryll / Daryl Walker

I won't harp too bad on Rick Petino or Billy Gilespie as they're not former Hogs.

Thank goodness Paul Eells wasn't mentioned, as his last name is bastardized anytime it's brought up.

I know I'll be grilled for being a spell checker or this or that. Oh well. Just get the all time great Hogs' names right.

Sincerely,

Fayittname Veturin

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed it.  Marvin Delf would have a fit. ;D

Yeah, Marvin would be angry.  So would Monkreef. 

Unbelievamus. 

hogsno1

Quote from: opineonswine on January 19, 2006, 03:24:27 pm
Rick Petino is surely tired of Lousiville and that conference by now. Pony up and get someone with a proven record. No more experiments PLEASE. And Mike Anderson is (1) still an experiment and (2) not in the cards.

Louisville is in the Big East conference now

thahawg

My opinion is that were not in the position to fire another black head coach

NuttsSacked

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on January 19, 2006, 08:52:55 pm
You people amaze me. A couple of alll time Razorback greats are mentioned in this thread and their names have been absolutely butchered.

Joe Klien / Klein
Daryll / Daryl Walker

I won't harp too bad on Rick Petino or Billy Gilespie as they're not former Hogs.

Thank goodness Paul Eells wasn't mentioned, as his last name is bastardized anytime it's brought up.

I know I'll be grilled for being a spell checker or this or that. Oh well. Just get the all time great Hogs' names right.

Sincerely,

Fayittname Veturin

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed it. Marvin Delf would have a fit. ;D

Yeah, Marvin would be angry. So would Monkreef.

Unbelievamus.

That was a joke, Fayettenam.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 19, 2006, 09:33:51 pm
Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on January 19, 2006, 08:52:55 pm

Joe Klien / Klein
Daryll / Daryl Walker

Sincerely,

Fayittname Veturin

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed it. Marvin Delf would have a fit. ;D

Yeah, Marvin would be angry. So would Monkreef.

Unbelievamus.

That was a joke, Fayettenam.

Eye new it wuz a joeke.  Mi poast wuz mint two tagg uhlong wit yhores. 

Thanq godnis Samme Olajhubootoo doughn't plhey basskitbahl and iznt a koach oar hee wood bee sumwhair en these thredd two. 

Razorback88

Quote from: jkcrunch on January 19, 2006, 06:27:42 pm
Few had commented that UA would be one he would consider because it offer the same small town atomshpere and he is a fishermen and he knew that NWA offer one of the better trout fisheries in the country especially for the fly fishermen. Finally there is no where Gonzaga can offer the bank we can.
I stand corrected.  It would be AWESOME to get him.

Nutt_Hate_Me

January 20, 2006, 12:10:40 am #56 Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:13:40 am by Nutt_Hate_Me
I think some type of Joe Kleine, Jimmy Dykes combination would be phenomenal and an instant infusion of excitement into the fan base.  Can you imagine Big Joe chewing on some ref's ass.  He would think twice about that 3 shot foul call.

Bradley would be awesome as an assistant with these guys, and maybe Darrell Hawkins as well.

I'm all for an All-Arkansas coaching staff.  The big plus is all these guys know what it means to be a Hog and win like a Razorback, none of the guys were ever associated with losing so they could immediately lift that loser mentality.  The other plus is could they do any worse than the current coaching staff?

It's great to be home.

10thPlanet

I've met coach Collins from UIC, and he's an alright dude, that can really recruit. Reminds me of Heath on roids. He knows how to get intense.

Chappeee

We keep talking about a Head Coach -- what we need more than anything else is an assistant coach in SCOTT EDGAR !!!

mbgrulz

i could care a less if the next coach "knows what it means to be a hog" i just want someone who will take us to the top. joe klein and jimmy dykes couldnt coach an all-star team against the school of the blind. klein is an idiot and dykes like eddie sutton, so i guess that makes him an idiot too. we also cant confuse knowing basketball and knowing how to coach. stan heath knows basketball, make no mistake about it. he has a national championship ring for goodness sake. what he doesnt know how to do is coach. there is a huge difference. i would be dissappointed if we pursued an assistant or unproven coach. we have got to go big this time.

A-Town Hog Fan

Quote from: Hogfanjr on January 12, 2006, 12:26:17 pm
John Brady!

If we hired Brady, I would think about laying face down in the Hopper Tunnel until it was all over.
Lord help us all!

pfrg999

Mark Turgeon - Wichita State
or
Darryl Walker Head Coach, Joe Klien Asst (big men), Pat Bradley Asst., Tony Brown Asst. And a Recruiting GOD!!!!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

mbgrulz

how 'bout somebody who has won a NC = rick majerous. somebody who has built a school from the ground to national contender = mark few. somebody who's teams play as physical and as hard as some college football teams = bob huggins. i'm just not a fan of the whole crony stuff. i know he was an okay player, but has anyone ever listened to joe klein talk? our big men are bad enough as is, they could only lose knowledge by listening to him for a season. what has darryl W ever done as a coach?  fellas, we have to get someone who will make every HS player in america open their eyes. i dont want to wait for 5 years to decide wether or not the guy can coach. we need to know before he is hired.

Jerry Swinefeld

Up tempo.

Scoring in runs.

Scoring off of defense.

Bud Walton once again becomes the most intimidating place on the planet.

We can afford it.

Pitino.