Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticket Sales and excitement will SOAR this year if Mitch is a Razorback!

Started by CorningHog, January 12, 2006, 10:29:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

I know this is not much of a prediction, but for some of the people that are out there, if and when Mitch decides to announce his intentions to be a Razorback, I want to be the first to predict that ticket sales will hit an ALL TIME HIGH and will probably get close to sellouts for ALL home games and season ticket packages for the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!

That will be big!  I will say that he can make that much of an impact in the "perceptions" of the people buying or not buying season tickets.

Oh, and just another small prediction and one that Mitch needs to expect.

If he chooses to be a Razorback, there will be some that will doubt his ability and will "spin" the Notre Dame, Tennessee and Alabama offers and all of his recruitment, his talent, the whole 9 yards into a "negative" thing.  One way or another there will be that small percentage of posters on here that will completely take the excitement and fun of getting a great kid like Mitch and his Arkansas roots, his Springdale football career and everything else they can pick on and begin to focus on how to be "pessimistic" about the future of Arkansas football or his ability to be a good QB.

Today, I thought Mitch cleared everything up for everyone!  I heard his answers to the questions and it did nothing but reinforce to me that he is that type of player and person that "ANY" good coach or fans would want on their team.  I think what he spoke about today and with his answers, that Mitch just added that much reason to be a fan of his even more.  I expect he is that type of athlete and person that will have the opportunity to lead his team into every game with a chance to win.

Will he be ready this season for '06?  He already made the comment he wants to work as hard as he can and maybe the weight room, to get ready for a grueling season.  I think he and Casey Dick would be a great tandem and with the coaches we have in place now, it would be fun to watch these guys lead the Arkansas offense!  Sounds like Carson Williams is that type of person and athlete too!  I like more than anything to see Arkansas with not only great athletes but great people!  Leaders are more than just pure talent in the physical ability, there are the other personality traits and things that get other players to respond and play with all their heart's ability and to work harder than they have in their lives!

Great interview today, Mike & Bo!  Thanks Mitch for being the type of person you seem to be!  Your family should be extremely proud and just stay "humble" and work hard, things will be great!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

snortman

Hardwork321

hogfan064

One thing I thought interesting in your comment.  Mitch stated he plans to hit the weights hard.  Shouldn't he already be hitting the weights hard?  This is something I've never understood about athletes, why do they take so long off in the weighroom.  As soon as December hits they just quit.  This isn't a knock on Mitch at all, but just in general why do athletes think they should just quit and then hit it hard later.  I'm a personal trainer/athletic trainer and this has always bothered me.  Sorry about the off the subject post, but saw that comment and it struck me. 

As for attendance, I doubt you'll get sellouts for the small schools, but it will help in SEC games against smaller opponents.  Just my opinion, I hope you're right though.

CorningHog

I think it is just work habits.  I have no idea what Mitch does with his time or how he trains.  I just heard him mention that if he doesn't play baseball, which is up in the air, and because he didn't get to play baseball last year due to recovering from the broken arm, that he want to.

He mentioned that depending on who he signs with and how his future coaches see his role and I guess mainly what QB's are coming back etc...  that he may be allowed to play his senior year for his baseball coach.  Springdale usually has some great baseball teams.  He is a pitcher he mentioned.

I would guess it could benefit him to train hard in the weight room to get bigger and stronger to withstand the demands of playing in the SEC or for Notre Dame.  I doubt we have to worry about his work habits.

I agree though, that the days when I played High School ball, there were few, if any, athletes that trained consistently.  The strength and conditioning programs have obviously changed a lot since my days.  I hope that Mitch gets to enjoy the rest of his senior year and if baseball is what he wishes to do, missing a couple of months in the weight room should not hurt him that much.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

hogfan064

I just mention it because if you look at all the top NFL players like Jerry Rice, Emmit Smith..... they all had awesome work habits.  I've worked with many athletes in the past and the ones that make it to d-1 or 1-AA ball all work very hard in the offseason.  Pure talent only gets you so far.  I've seen many good RBs and WRs that have all the talent, but never get offered due to poor leg power.   Linemen usually don't have a work ethic problem b/c they know they must lift, but talent positions usually slack b/c they think talent alone can get them where they want to be.  Again, I'm sure Mitch has a great work ethic, but I hope someone is speaking to him on the importance of weight training.

TouchdownRazrbcks

TouchdownRazrbcks

Actually without MM "hopefully not" but I will be very excited with just the coaching changes that were made. I think just that change ticket sales will be more this year.. And When MM and DW signs...They will skyrocket...

hogsanity

Ticket sales will be better than last year, regardless of MM and DW coming or not.  6 Fay games including USC, TN, and Bama.  GUs, McFadden the whole bag of " it has to be better than last year" 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Gus Malzahn, Mitch Mustain and the rest of the Springdale 5 -- that's what Big Frank and Big Jim are banking on in order to boost ticket and box sales so they can extend Numb Nutts' $1.5 million contract for another year (for what reason is anyone's guess).

Of course, actually winning those games is irrelevant. As long as the pipeline of money keeps pumping into the Athletic Department, nothing else matters.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

paragould25

I like you people.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

HDN needs to send Hogville half of his salary for next year if Mitch comes here...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Considering the "quality" of the product, Numb Nutts should send ALL of his salary for the past 6 years back to the State of Arkansas.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

paragould25

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on January 12, 2006, 04:40:32 pm
Considering the "quality" of the product, Numb Nutts should send ALL of his salary for the past 6 years back to the State of Arkansas.
+1 Karma for you
I like you people.