Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: Eric Ferguson has "cataracts"! Surgery scheduled for Thursday

Started by CorningHog, January 11, 2006, 10:46:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

Hey, just joking, but Eric seems to have very poor peripheral vision.  That was a very "lazy" pass to Brewer on the wing, and the pass earlier to McCurdy would not have been caught by Steven Hill.

The carelessness that the Hogs play with the ball at times, is very frustrating.

I went tonight and the crowd was very good.  At times, the Hogs looked focused and fought hard in the paint.  Too many open shots in the middle and way too many easy putbacks on missed shots for LSU really killed the Hogs.

I think it is time for McCurdy to take over the point.  Slide Jefferson into the offguard when a need for the "press" or some trapping, but I have felt all along that Dontell is a liability as far as the offense goes.  Almost the same can be said for Ferguson, except when he is hitting jump shots. 

The thing that hurts McCurdy is that unless Brewer and Modica can work to be the relief valve when defenses collapse on Sean, we will be hurting.  There were a few times players forgot to work open or come back to the ball when LSU doubled Sean.

We have enough size now that with McCurdy, we should let him penetrate that ZONE and dish to either Hill, Townes or McGowan down low.  With some work, I think we can cause teams trouble with our size.  Hunter, McGowan, Hill & Townes could get points and cause foul trouble for opponents but there will be growing pains with Sean at the point.  We haven't used him enough and the competition will be tougher as we go into the SEC further.  Take our lumps, get players excited and make the motion offense have some motion.

McCurdy can get the ball to players on time and will penetrate into the teeth of that zone.  Our guys need to quit worrying about a dribble and slam that puppy home like Hill and Townes did a couple of times!

CorningHog out!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

CorningHog

I thought he did?  Maybe I am confuzzed.

It was at least apparent that McCurdy can get down low.  He also has as nice a shot as Ferguson and far beyond Dontell's.

Arkansas is causing Brewer to play way too much point guard or point forward.  He needs to flash to the basket and draw fouls.  McCurdy can handle the ball and dishes it great.

Get those big fella's involved and used to getting it on time and let them take most of those shots.  At least early on and until we get better with free throw shooting, it will be tough when we miss or get fouled.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

hogfankb

I must have been confusing it with the times he dribbled it off his foot or to the other team directly under our basket. :)

Razor6

True...

But I won't forget his 17 or 18 foot three pointer shot that swished with 15 seconds in the game. But Heath called a timeout 1 second before he got it off.

That made me sick as well.

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

hogfankb

Quote from: Bogarto on January 11, 2006, 10:57:37 pm
I saw Townes catch it under the basket and dribble rather than go up, I saw him drop a wide open pass on a break, and I saw him miss a point blank dunk because he changed his mind and tried to do a layup at the last moment. I think he did have one dunk though now that you mention it. McGowans was the sickest though he took it right from the LSU players and jammed it.

McGowans drunk was a jaw dropper. AMAZING

As for townes how can someone with that big of hands not be able to catch/control the ball. I mean it is just rediculous that he even attempts to try and dribble that close to the basket but even when he is just catching entry passes he boots it around. And how is this syndrome only against good teams? It is like good teams are catching kryptonite to him.

Also, townes wouldn't touch the floor for me until be belly flopped all the way down the floor in practice. How many times tonight did the ball get tied up under his feet(usually off one of his booted ball handling mistakes) and he would just stand there while other players are diving everywhere. PATHETIC.

hogfankb

Quote from: Razor6 on January 11, 2006, 10:59:05 pm
True...

But I won't forget his 17 or 18 foot three pointer shot that swished with 15 seconds in the game. But Heath called a timeout 1 second before he got it off.

That made me sick as well.

That always seems to happen. Very frustrating but i doubt it would have been that easy to get the shot off if the defense was still playing.

Godfather

Anyone see Ferguson throw it away in the direction of McCurdy and then BLAME SEAN??  WTH? 
WPS to the end.

RazorWire

I saw Townes catch it under the basket and dribble rather than go up, I saw him drop a wide open pass on a break, and I saw him miss a point blank dunk because he changed his mind and tried to do a layup at the last moment. I think he did have one dunk though now that you mention it. McGowans was the sickest though he took it right from the LSU players and jammed it.

OMG I saw that alot tonight. Catch the ball 2 ft from the iron and dribble. Hill did it twice. Mad me wanna throw up. 7 ft tall 4 feet of arms = 11 ft. the rim is what 10 1/2 feet? FFS dunk it, go up, do somethiing.

OK I'm allright now... whew

RazorWire

Quote from: hogfankb on January 11, 2006, 11:01:44 pm

McGowans drunk was a jaw dropper. AMAZING

However his defensive game stinks. Maybe the couching.

Ugly Uncle

I saw that when Ferg. threw the ball in the general direction of McCurdy....then I saw Ferg yelling.  Was he really yelling at McCurdy for that?  Because that ball literally (I AM NOT EXAGGERATING) went 7-10 rows up in the stands...and was about 5 ft wide of McCurdy anyway.

What was he yelling because McCurdy wasn't taller and wider?

Please tell me Ferg. wasn't yelling at McC.
Retired Radio Host

Godfather

Yes indeed, he WAS yelling at him.  He was pointing to a spot on the floor and yelling even as they got back on D.  He is a big senior that couldn't mess up.  It was the newbies fault.  ;)
WPS to the end.

HatfieldHog

CorningHog, that's just sick man!  I totally agree with the meat of the post, but that analogy is just sick and wrong!   

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Ugly Uncle

I wonder who ferg was going to yell at when that 800 lb fatboy stole the ball with 4 seconds to play.  I guess that was McCurdy's fault to.

That does it...I am out on Ferguson.  He couldn't graduate...or at least run out of eligibility fast enough for me now.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

It was also McCurdy's fault that Ferguson got that whole DWI thing.  I heard when he got out of jail, he yelled at McCurdy for not being there to drive him home. >:(
Retired Radio Host

lunchbox72703

From Personal Knowledge...Ferguson's not "bright" while under the influence ;)

campbell

I am glad I am not alone on this. I was sitting courtside and after frigga threw that ball high and away from McCurdy, he did begin to chew him out all the way back down the court. I got so mad in my seat watching that and then it just progressively got worse. As a guy who sits less than 5 feet from the court, the lack of agressiveness is all around, walking down the court, dribbling instead of dunking when you have the chance, no penetration down low....