Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clay Travis hits the nail on the head about Auburn & Cam Newton

Started by DukeOfPork, October 14, 2011, 07:35:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeOfPork

This Outkick the Coverage piece is spot on.  Still hard to believe that the "I didn't know" defense gives you a free pass with the NCAA.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/what-cam-newton-taught-us-all.php

DukeOfPork

I love this idea:
Now that the NCAA has officially announced it could find no wrongdoing in the Cam Newton investigation, I'd like to make a humble suggestion: how about the NCAA has to turn over its notes, tape recorded conversations, and whatever other data it has amassed to Yahoo Sports investigative team? After all, Yahoo is the one uncovering actual wrongdoing, not the NCAA. In fact, what if the NCAA just got out of the investigative business all together when it came to major programs and uncovered all tips it received to Yahoo and allowed them to track down the legitimacy or illegitimacy of these stories?

Put simply, I trust the guys at Yahoo a lot more than I trust the NCAA...

http://outkickthecoverage.com/

hogginbama

My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

PinkPig

Only trouble with this is that it just gives the *U trolls another place to post their idiocy.

That said, I agree with Clay's outrage.
"Censorship of anything, at any time, in any place, on whatever pretense, has always been and always will be the last resort of the boob and the bigot."
― Eugene O'Neill

scootman

A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

BRHogfan

I think he's spot on.  I read a couple other articles I really like on that website.  OKTC will now be a part of my regularly schedule work distraction.

I would say the one part I was unclear about was the Cecil Newton quote saying that Auburn was paying more.

BigSexyHog

I can't stand to read stuff like this.. Dude is spot on just pisses me off the NCAA allowed this to go on and then say nothing happened.  Pure BS.  The NCAA is a freaking joke of a organization.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

turbo2000

The NCAA must of been trying to prove Auburn guilty of "lack of institutional control" but could not because Auburn was and still is in complete and total control of the Cam Newton violation.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: turbo2000 on October 14, 2011, 08:56:37 pm
The NCAA must of been trying to prove Auburn guilty of "lack of institutional control" but could not because Auburn was and still is in complete and total control of the Cam Newton violation.

:). +1

Pigneous Rock

Good article but----huh????

"I know, I know.

Next thing you're going to tell me hot women don't really crave gang bangs."

hogfooey

I won't read anything that [CENSORED] bag writes after he called Coach Petrino a dirt bag on Bo's show.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hogfooey on October 14, 2011, 09:05:45 pm
I won't read anything that *** bag writes after he called Coach Petrino a dirt bag on Bo's show.

You are dead right about that tool.  He is the most arrogant turd ever and I never listen to his Nashville radio show.

Grunt

"The price to play at State was one-eighty large, but he went to Auburn for... no extra charge?"
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Quickdraw

Cam's Dad did what almost every american already knows; to beat the system, PAY IN CASH!!! If it's not on paper it didn't happen!!!

SpareRib

Pork, you're right.  He nailed it with that paragraph.  Appears to me that the organization designed to regulate and protect college sports (ie., provide a service) has been bastardized to the point that self perpetuation and profit have taken top priority.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

GolfnHog

As of now the NCAA can't be FOIA'ed but the AG of North Carolina just issued a subpoena for the NCAA to release all relevant documents related to the NC investigation to determine if any state laws related to sports agents were violated. Hopefully a judge will uphold the AG's right for the state of NC and the cloak of stupidity will be revealed at the NCAA.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hard_reign2004

I wonder if you are a pastor like Cam's dad how they handle large tithe and offerings?  I mean if a booster puts a large check or makes it where you receive the money in a tithe bucket is that a violation? 

pigbacon

I find this below to be interesting. Probably posted in a thread here somewhere previously.

http://blutarsky.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/the-ncaas-unique-business-model/

I will have to do more research, but I think it would be neat to make an organization that is a publicly owned company which we can buy stock in. Players can be rewarded with stock options similar to what a company would give to its employees. If found of any shady dealings, they forfeit their stock and face charges. I think all memoribilia could be sold by this institution and possibly "give" shares to the players upon "completion" of each players "contract" with each school. There needs to maybe be more incentive to do right. Completing a degree would ensure even more shares "given" to each athlete upon graduation. The universities would be compensated generously by being part of such said organization.

Somehow, I think it would be neat to know that as fans we "owned" part of this organization. I know Mark Cuban was working on a new business model. I just have not read anything about it much. What do ya'll think?

sigpooie

that is a great model and I think cuban is just working out something for playoffs that will make him a few more dollars..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson