Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iPhone apps for Horse Racing

Started by The Hog, October 09, 2011, 09:38:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hog

October 09, 2011, 09:38:52 am Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:45:19 am by The Hog
For you folks who have an iPhone there are a few recent apps you might want to download.

The Equibase Today's Racing is great.  Easy to use and a nice layout.  Get your entries, scratches, results, charts, changes and video of the race, all free.  The app is free.  You can only check today's and yesterday results and only today's and tomorrow entries.  I highly recommend this app.

Race Results from BloodHorse.com is pretty good for finding your type of race at a particular track between dates you set.  If you are looking for Grade I results at Belmont for the last 3 months, it will find all the G1 races during that time period for Belmont.  You can click on the race and it will give you limited race results, owner, trainer, race info, True Nick's, etc.  This apps is free.

I am not sure if these apps are available for Droid or not.
Automatic RUN!

RockChalkJayhawk

There is also a breeders cup app which comes in handy this time of year.  When playing away from the PC, I use the DRF Ticketmaker app for pic 4's, pick 5's and pick 6's.  It's handy.

The Hog

October 09, 2011, 08:02:31 pm #2 Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:04:11 pm by The Hog
Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on October 09, 2011, 10:53:02 am
There is also a breeders cup app which comes in handy this time of year.  When playing away from the PC, I use the DRF Ticketmaker app for pic 4's, pick 5's and pick 6's.  It's handy.

I knew there was one more app I was going to post but could not remember what it was.  The 2011 Breeder's Cup app.

Here are a coouple I like for exotics bets.  One includes every type of bet possible.  That one is called Betting Slips.  The other is called Bet Calc and is extremely user friendly and covers almost every bet type.  Nice graphics and layout.  I am not sure if these are free or not.

The Equibase Yearbook 2011 is a very good app for going back and watching video of past races ro checking on horses.  It is one of my favorites for historical information.

I think I have downloaded every free app and several pay apps there are for horse racing.  I have deleted most except a few.  A lot are repetitive or copy cats.  When I find one that is straight forward or better graphics I will keep it and trash the other.
Automatic RUN!