Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Notre Dame Not Interested in MM

Started by bkhog1, January 11, 2006, 02:51:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bkhog1

January 11, 2006, 02:51:20 pm Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:45:16 pm by bkhog1
I have been looking all around the internet trying to find the "supposed" de-commitments of two ND recruits. NONE of the current commitments have decommitted from Notre Dame! The nearest that I can figure is that ND was expecting to get three more commitments from the Army All-American game. They were courting four players for these spots. Well, they only got one commitment for one of their players, the other three are still undecided. The one commit that they did get was from OL Matt Carufel. They were expecting a couple of commitments out of either OL Sam Young, DT Gerald McCoy, and DT Butch Lewis. These are the big dogs on the O and D lines I am talking 5- Star recruits. Since ND didn't get the other 2 commitments, there is still room, I think that ND is holding out for these guys, since they already have a couple of QB commitments and not Mitch. There is just no room for him in the current situation.

When talk of the 6-3, 198-pound Mustain's interest in Notre Dame began to surface, ND coach Charlie Weis was asked if he was finished recruiting quarterbacks.

"We're pretty much done, period," Weis said on Dec. 23. "There's not too much -- just a few guys we're involved with."

ND recruits Aldridge, Stewart, West will enroll at the semester break, and their scholarships will count against last years total, which bring it to 28. The NCAA maximum is only 25. I believe that will mean that they will only be able to sign 22 come Signing Day.

I have a source for all of this information if you want a link I will post it.

bkhog1

Apparently, McCoy and and Lewis have dropped ND from their prospective lists. Sam Young is a soft verbal for ND but is wanting to take a visit to USC before making his final decesion. With McCoy and Lewis gone, ND is going to go after Harrisburg DL Jason Kates, a guy they have been courting as well. IF they sign Young like they expect to, and get this Kates kid, then they will have the Max number of commitments allowed by the NCAA.

hog_fan

The three that will start in spring semester will not count towards this years class so therefore they can sign 25 on signing day. They have 26 players committed.Sam Young is still deciding so there is 1 and possibly two openings.

bkhog1

They will sign 28 total recruits on signing day, 3 from last year's class and 25 from this year. So if those three count towards last year, and ND has commitments from 26-3= 23 plus Sam Young commitment=27, plus Jason Kates=28. That would be the absolute max that they could sign.

hog_fan

Quote from: bkhog1 on January 11, 2006, 03:05:29 pm
They will sign 28 total recruits on signing day, 3 from last year's class and 25 from this year. So if those three count towards last year, and ND has commitments from 26-3= 23 plus Sam Young commitment=27, plus Jason Kates=28. That would be the absolute max that they could sign.

I believe this correct although Young and Kates have not comitted yet.

bkhog1

I wonder if Tennessee and Alabama are a lot more prominate in the picture than any of us knew?

hogsanity

THe key with ND is the fact that they have manyqb's already on campus, and commits from 2 of the top 10 in this class.  WHy would they sing 3 to start with, and why would all three sign even if ND offered?  2 of them end up sitting their whole careers most likely, or transferring, having to sit out a year, after redshirting a year.  They may not actually play in a game for anyone for 4 years. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BILLYBOB

Quote from: bkhog1 on January 11, 2006, 03:18:37 pm
I wonder if Tennessee and Alabama are a lot more prominate in the picture than any of us knew?

BINGO!
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Razorback Jedi

Mike specifically stated that he knew of 2 who are not committed to ND anymore. No offense, but I'll trust Mike over your research.

Additionally, you cannot place any amount of validity to any public comments made by any coach during the recruitting process. Things change so quick that a coach knows better than to count his eggs before they hatch on signing day.

bkhog1

If Notre Dame lost two committments, it would be all over the news, papers and message boards everywhere. There is none of that, it just looks like two of the guys they thought that they would sign didn't come through. Either way you look at it, two guys they offered are coming, but they are still wanting to sign another O Lineman and a D Lineman. Which they need more than a third QB in this class. I think that matbe Bama and Tennessee are more in the picture than we think....

bkhog1

If Mc Coy doesn't sign, they are going to go after Jason Kates

bkhog1

mtpockets

I wouldn't doubt that Bama and Tenn are more of a problem then we realize, but I still think he will be a hog.  Mike said on his show a few days ago (and I am paraphrasing) , "It looks like if we had any other coach but Nutt this would have been wrapped up a lot earlier."   Lets hope Gus and Wood can overcome this problem and bring MM to RRS.

pfrg999

Quote from: bkhog1 on January 11, 2006, 10:47:02 pm
If Mc Coy doesn't sign, they are going to go after Jason Kates

He will be a sooners... ;D .... MM will be a hog
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!