Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WE NEED SOME NASTINESS!

Started by CIA, January 11, 2006, 02:24:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CIA

Seems to me that our basketball team, including the coaching staff are all "too nice".
Everytime a player or Heath address an issue it's always a calm, "oh shucks" attitude.  They never seem to get upset over anything.   Get out rebounded....."oh well"....failure to score..."it was an off night"....failure to make freethrows...."we will shoot more in practice".
I want someone to get pissed off and take some of this personally.  Somebody please step up and take the blame and make a promise to do more!  Somebody needs to step up and take this team on their back with an attitude!  We need some nastiness like Greg Skullman, Rosie Wallace, Darryl Walker etc....somebody that will dare someone to knock the chip off their shoulder!
Enough of this holding hands and singing "kum bah ya" after the games!
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

HawgLover08

pfrg999

Tenacious, unrelenting, killer instinct
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

aristotle

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: CIA on January 11, 2006, 02:24:59 pm
Seems to me that our basketball team, including the coaching staff are all "too nice".
Everytime a player or Heath address an issue it's always a calm, "oh shucks" attitude. They never seem to get upset over anything. Get out rebounded....."oh well"....failure to score..."it was an off night"....failure to make freethrows...."we will shoot more in practice".
I want someone to get pissed off and take some of this personally. Somebody please step up and take the blame and make a promise to do more! Somebody needs to step up and take this team on their back with an attitude! We need some nastiness like Greg Skullman, Rosie Wallace, Darryl Walker etc....somebody that will dare someone to knock the chip off their shoulder!
Enough of this holding hands and singing "kum bah ya" after the games!

BINGO BINGO BINGO -

You win my "observation of the day" award.

This is precisely Heath's problem.  He's not coaching heart.  Full Court Presses are nothing more than desire to win in action.  We aint got it.  I don't know what the answer is.....

Bacon out...

HawgLover08

Deuce Pigelow

The team takes on the personality of its head coach. you look at Heath on the sidelines and he looks lost and beaten. Is it any wonder this team quit and the end of last year

brooks74

JDHogg

Clint McDaniel and the attempt to kick a field goal with an opponents' knutsack at Alabama.....instant classic.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

CIA

I tell you who I saw a little bit from.  McCurdy.  I forget the game but he shoved a guy to the ground and the guy got up and wanted to fight.  McCurdy laughed and walked away and stuck his tongue out. 
We need some more of that!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: CIA on January 11, 2006, 02:37:45 pm
I tell you who I saw a little bit from. McCurdy. I forget the game but he shoved a guy to the ground and the guy got up and wanted to fight. McCurdy laughed and walked away and stuck his tongue out.
We need some more of that!

Yes....

PT for McCurdy is a must if we want to make it two rounds deep.  Maybe even to get there.

Bacon out...

RoboRazor

While were on the subject of toughness...why does charles thomas seem to get hurt in every game?

RoboRazor

I wasn't questioning his toughness but rather his durability but thats a good point you make

CIA

Quote from: Hog Mild on January 11, 2006, 02:42:40 pm
While were on the subject of toughness...why does charles thomas seem to get hurt in every game?
Remember when he was "knocked out".  Shaffer said "Ill bet he will return before this game is over".  I dont know how "hurt" he is when he goes down.  He is a drama queen from what I have seen.

hogfankb

Quote from: opineonswine on January 11, 2006, 02:43:27 pm
Cause he's the only one diving for balls and giving up skin for the cause.

He takes more charges than any big man I have ever seen.

Thomas/Ferguson and maybe McCurdy are the only players that I see playing with emotion. Am I the only person that thinks ferguson might shank someone on any play?

pfrg999

Quote from: HawgLover08 on January 11, 2006, 02:32:42 pm
40 Minutes Of Hell.

40 hell I would like to see 18 minutes of hell from this team... like Stan sd when he got here "it may not be 40 minutes of heck, but it will be 40 minutes of fun".... Uhhh when's that gonna start
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

RoboRazor

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 11, 2006, 03:42:24 pm
40 hell I would like to see 18 minutes of hell from this team... like Stan sd when he got here "it may not be 40 minutes of heck, but it will be 40 minutes of fun".... Uhhh when's that gonna start

LOL he said that? What a tool!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfankb on January 11, 2006, 03:39:52 pm
Quote from: opineonswine on January 11, 2006, 02:43:27 pm
Cause he's the only one diving for balls and giving up skin for the cause.

He takes more charges than any big man I have ever seen.

Thomas/Ferguson and maybe McCurdy are the only players that I see playing with emotion. Am I the only person that thinks ferguson might shank someone on any play?

This is still the only website I view at work that makes me laugh out loud at least once a day...I wish instead of a Legends in the Rock with Corliss this year, do you think he, Beck, and McDaniel will come put on a Big Nasty clinic?  We would be a WHOLE lot different team with Thomas, Townes and Hill having that kind of attitude. 

Still laughing though.  Ferguson shanking someone....Have to give out karma for that one, and that is something special as I have only given it out less than 10 times....Kudos...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

CIA

Yeah Furgeson told Brady to "Frank himself" last year. He might be hidin that shank in his sock.

Inigo Montoya

MJ2

We need some "Nolan".

Boots, attitude, competitiveness, desire, and lots of defense.

Stan has given "40 minutes of hell" a whole new meaning.   Sometimes it's pure hell to sit thru it!

94 Hawg

Quote from: CIA on January 11, 2006, 02:49:23 pm
Quote from: Hog Mild on January 11, 2006, 02:42:40 pm
Remember when he was "knocked out". Shaffer said "Ill bet he will return before this game is over". I dont know how "hurt" he is when he goes down. He is a drama queen from what I have seen.

a few games ago CT was knocked unconscious, went to the locker, came back and played. takes a lot of charges--prolly the toughest guy on the team
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

100+GM HAWG

Bingo!!!   This team and head coach are the biggest bunch of babies I have ever seen.

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

hogtheball

Greg Skulman! Thank you for mentioning him.  That guy was tough as nails - I forgot about him.  All-time "toughest" basketball players?  Darrell Walker is on the list.  Remember Linzie Howel (pardon the spelling)?  He was always super tough.  Joe Klein was a bruiser.  Scott Hastings got in a fight with Olajuwon and Moses Malone.  Who was the tough little point guard? Arlin Bowers?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

rlamb

Wouldn't all of you all like to see Nolan back just once, just once and get in Townes, Thomas,
modica's, ferguson, & jefferson's face,  all over in their crap just once??

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: rlamb on January 12, 2006, 11:50:38 pm
Wouldn't all of you all like to see Nolan back just once, just once and get in Townes, Thomas,
modica's, ferguson, & jefferson's face, all over in their crap just once??

no

zwhogfan

Hey all, new member here. I completely agree that we need nastiness and emotion out on the court. I really only see it in McCurdy. Oh and speaking of past Razorbacks that showed some nastiness... I am surprised no one has mentioned Derek Hood. He wasn't the greatest scorer but the guy was a monster on the boards and an absolute warrior. I wish we had someone like him on this team. :razorback:

toshortrock

r u saying we;re the nice team,the one that allways get stuck up the butt
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////