Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

School logos

Started by Dudeman, September 29, 2011, 08:22:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Who do you think besides Arkansas (biased) has the best school logo? I just love the Arkansas running hog and our colors.  :razorback: I think there are way too many Cats, wildcats, tigers, etc.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Hogdude72

Quote from: Dudeman on September 29, 2011, 08:22:05 am
Who do you think besides Arkansas (biased) has the best school logo? I just love the Arkansas running hog and our colors.  :razorback: I think there are way too many Cats, wildcats, tigers, etc.
Actually I think OM ought to go ahead and change their mascot/logo to "Goobs". Put a face of Gomer Pyle/Barney Phiff (sp) on the side of their helmets.

budcampbellfan

Ole Miss has gained nothing from the political correctness compromises.  They would do better to go back to the 1950's and 60's with the logos and name.  Ole Miss Rebels, giant rebel flag covering the whole field in pregame and half time, constantly playing "Dixie" in all forms and Rebel flags on the helmets like Ft. Smith Southside High used to do.  They could do no worse than they have for the past 50 years.  Funny how people are offended with all this because it trys to glorify the Confederacy but complain about Indians and Indian nick names because it somehow belittles them.  What??  how does that work?
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

JONAS

JONAS

BoynamedWooPigSooie

not college but I always liked the Memphis Chick's logo, just seemed so 70's ultra cool with a lean to the old old days of baseball

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

JONAS

Dudeman

I like The Florida Gators. The alligator is native and very dangerous. Nice logo.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

UncleFrank

The Hogs helmet is certainly one of the most unique in all the land!
Apart from it, I also like the Arizona State helmets, with the Sun Devil Logo.
The Southern Cal logo is also a classic.  The Michigan helmets are also classic (maybe not your definition of 'pretty', but certainly distinctive and unmistakable when you see them).

Georgia's are certainly distinctive, too, as are South Carolina's.  Between the two, Georgia's are far more vivid and colorful, but I think I like the Gamecocks a little better.
The Ole Miss helmets look like they might have been done by some kid in elementary school, with a cheap marker. That cursive 'Ole Miss' doesn't do much, at all.
Florida did a much better job of that sort of design with their orange 'Gators' helmets.

Love the Gold color on Notre Dame's helmets!
Too bad more schools don't have Gold as one of their school colors.
The combo of Gold with either Black or Green almost always looks really sharp!

Hawgrox

BoynamedWooPigSooie