Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chippy Players

Started by Oklahawg, September 24, 2011, 05:37:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

The chippiness shown by the players could be a couple of things.

1. Double standard on calls. Or, more likely, calls normally made in games are being ignored in such a physical contest.
2. The players believe they were ready to win and the chippy behavior is frustration coming out.
3. My personal favorite - they thought they were ready but the coaches kept pushing them and they never got to that next level. Now, they see the next level and are pissed they didn't listen to the coach earlier.

Make a bad play and make an excuse can be reason #3.

Or, maybe something else. Just a thought.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra