Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just don't get it with Kit Coleman...

Started by JackJohnson, January 09, 2006, 12:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

as an offer looms, i started doing some research on him.  I watched both his films on scout, one was pure OL, the other pure DT.  he is quicker off the ball and plays with better pad level on OL than DL, and "looks" like a fine prospect.  Ok, so now lets get down to his measureables. 

He went to the san antonio combine.  for reference, i will only compare him to other OL and DL prospects that were there at san antonio, which will throw out other factors they may have been at the other combines, so i won't compare his results at san antonio to someone else's results at the berkely combine, for instance.  seems like apples to oranges.

Kit Coleman 2* unrated with no offers

6-2 286 4.72 40 4.78 short shuttle 25.5 verticle 8.00 3 cone

Andre Smith 5* #1 Ol offers from everyone and their dog

6-4 315 5.1 40 27.5 verticle 8.40 3 cone

Chad Roark 3* #59 OL committed to OU over offers from FSU, LSU, Neb

6-2 285 5.67 40 5.03 short shuttle 8.1 3 cone

Andrew Phillips 3* #89 OL committed to Stanford over offers from Duke, Louisville, Maryland, UNC, Northwestern, Syracuse

6-4 290 5.62 40 5.00 short shuttle 25.5 verticle, 8.40 short shuttle

Evan Bellamy 3* OL unrated committed to Florida State

6-4 309 5.36 40 5.32 short shuttle 24 verticle 8.37 3 cone

Chaz Washington 3* #41 DT in the country committed to Miami over offers from Ole Miss, Neb, So Cal, Ok, Texas Tech

6-3 288 5.47 40 4.87 short shuttle 23.5 verticle 8.00 3 cone

Joseph Faifili 3* #42 DT in the country committed to Utah at the US Army Bowl over offers from BYU, Zona, Oregon, Arizona St., Oregon St., Colorado, UNLV, and Tenn is about to get into the mix

6-1.5 287 5.29 40 4.53 short shuttle 29.5 verticle 7.25 3 cone

Pryce Mason 3* #45 DT in the country committed to OU over offers from Zona, Colorado and TCU

6-1 251 4.79 40 4.84 short shuttle 34 verticle 7.90 3 cone

Corey Peters 3* #54 DT in the country has offers from UK, AU, Louisville, Minn, Clemson

6-2 275 5.31 40 4.87 short shuttle 21.5 verticle 8.06 3 cone

to sum up, this kid has all the measureables the "big schools" (sad we are not that any longer- THANKS NUTT) look for, yet isn't being offered.  He isn't overlooked, because he is going to these camps and combines, so what is it???

TheSportsGuy

all success is not based on a bunch of drills.  you have to have other intangables like quick feet, lateral quickness, and instincts

bigred7987

Understanding blocking and actually knowing how to block with your hands and moving your feet has alot to do with it

hoggyhog

How about mental aptitude and attitude (intestinal fortitude, intelligence, desire, etc.)?
Have a GREAT day!!

pork-n-beam

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on January 09, 2006, 01:00:37 pm
all success is not based on a bunch of drills. you have to have other intangables like quick feet, lateral quickness, and instincts

Well most drills measure Quick feet and lateral quickness. But your right they dont measure instincts, heart, or will to win etc..

Chief Mac

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on January 09, 2006, 01:00:37 pm
all success is not based on a bunch of drills. you have to have other intangables like quick feet, lateral quickness, and instincts

The short shuttle and cone drills measure lateral quickness and how "quick" your feet are.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

JoeBobHog

his quickness is apparent, however at that height I would wonder if he has "short" arms, which could be a problem for a guard or tackle.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

razorback4life

I don't understand it either.  If there was ever one of Dales "diamonds in the rough" its Coleman.  I hope we offer him.

TheSportsGuy

sorry, let me explain about the quick feet.  those drills do measure how "qucik", but they don't line u up across from another player and tell u how quick those feet can move while actaully playing a game.  sometimes it spills over to a game, and sometimes it doesn''t.  don't read too much into stats.  it is not the true measure of a football player.

bigred7987

reactions, how to use your hands in blocking, knowing how to stop a player when he makes a certain move...he could just be very raw who knows

HogNuttz

Does he do sprints pulling a truck, or can he only bench matchbox cars?  On the lines strength and quickness trump all.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

paragould25

Kit ain't that good we played him this year and he is not near strong and quick enough to garner alot of offers.
I like you people.

Hogarino

January 13, 2006, 12:26:19 am #12 Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:29:22 am by Hogarino
More video on Kit Coleman can be found at www.fortunefootball.org.  The video posted on scout and rivals is junior video.  The fortune site is free and has junior and senior video.