Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK, I admit it. I "might" have been wrong.....

Started by NWASooner, August 31, 2011, 07:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NWASooner

It takes a serious man to admit when he might have been wrong but this is a man whose wife is currently watching "The Real Housewives of Whatever New Money Zip Code We're in Right Now," and I'm bored.

First and foremost, the Texas legislature not doing anything goes down as one of the greatest surprises in my life to the point that I'm still not convinced that they won't throw down in the next few days.  I know that state well and their legislature is unique.

Second, I still doubt that the SEC can get enough money to make this worthwhile without an attractive #14.  Who knows if that will happen?  There are a lot of factors.

Those two things being said, I'm man enough admit when I might have been wrong.  Arrogance and a**holeishness are my strong suits but so is honesty.

So, there you go.  I can say that I got the A&M thing wrong but I can also say that in the history of Internet Fan Message Boards, I am the first person to admit they were wrong.

+1 to me.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

whatsshakinbacon

I was wrong too, never thought the Texas ledge would let it happen.  But I wasn't pompously wrong.

Bacon out...

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: NWASooner on August 31, 2011, 07:42:48 pm

I can say that I got the A&M thing wrong but I can also say that in the history of Internet Fan Message Boards, I am the first person to admit they were wrong.

+1 to me.

I admit you're wrong even though I dont know what you're talking about ;D
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

10thPlanet

NWASooner

Quote from: Lanny on August 31, 2011, 07:43:53 pm
dogpile time

Oh, F that.  I went against popular opinion to the point it probably drove traffic.

I might have been wrong.  There's a first time for everything.  Just don't let Mrs. NWASooner know but then again, how would she?  The Crappy TV Show Countdown marches on.....

rljjr

Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.

EastTexasHog

Might have been wrong?  You sould just like my friend who never admits when he is wrong.  He will only say he was almost right.  Face it, you were wrong!  No big deal.

NWASooner

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 31, 2011, 07:46:06 pm
I was wrong too, never thought the Texas ledge would let it happen.  But I wasn't pompously wrong.

Bacon out...

Like I said, arrogance and a**holeishness are two of traits.  They've served me well over the years but they can be downsides from time to time.

NWASooner

Quote from: EastTexasHog on August 31, 2011, 07:48:14 pm
Might have been wrong?  You sould just like my friend who never admits when he is wrong.  He will only say he was almost right.  Face it, you were wrong!  No big deal.

When the SEC votes them in, it will be final.  The wording from A&M today was kind of vague.  It was like telling your girlfriend you're going to break up with her if you find someone better.  I still wouldn't be surprised if the SEC can't pull this together because of the financing.  There is no way at all that any of these AD's can vote for this and take less money for their school.

PonderinHog

You are not the first person to admit "they" were wrong.  That happens all the time.  Try admitting that you were wrong. 

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

ark30inf

You would have been right...but you just ran out of time.

RazorBassin

+1 it's hard to admit, now if we could just get FCJ to admit it once in a while.

Bubba's Bruisers

It takes a serious man to admit when he might have been wrong but this is a man whose wife is currently watching "The Real Housewives of Whatever New Money Zip Code We're in Right Now," and I'm bored.

First and foremost, the Texas legislature not doing anything goes down as one of the greatest surprises in my life to the point that I'm still not convinced that they won't throw down in the next few days.  I know that state well and their legislature is unique.

Second, I still doubt that the SEC can get enough money to make this worthwhile without an attractive #14.  Who knows if that will happen?  There are a lot of factors.

Those two things being said, I'm man enough admit when I might have been wrong.  Arrogance and a**holeishness are my strong suits but so is honesty.

So, there you go.  I can say that I got the A&M thing wrong but I can also say that in the history of Internet Fan Message Boards, I am the first person to admit they were wrong.

+1 to me.

What exactly are you claiming to be wrong about?  That A&M is actually leaving, or your opinion that leaving would be a monumental blunder by A&M?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GolfnHog

I have understood Texas politics for many years. What stirred the political pot in 1994-95 absolutely does not resonate with the legislature in the new millennium as it concerns college football in Texas as it did back in the day. Therefore you were completely wrong not "might have" been wrong.

Furthermore Ann Richards (D) was the Gov and a Baylor alum thus all the posturing and back handing that the Dems held in Texas. That type of clout has long been diminished since the last two Texas Governors.

We both agree that your two personal traits are obvious but the fact you can acknowledge them by being wrong deserves a +1. (But you're still a Sooner so that supercedes any gains you may make) :D
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Porked Tongue

It wasn't the first time and won't be the last.

Pulled(PP)pork

jamie72921

I'm still waiting for you to admit that the Big 12? is not better than the SEC like you were claiming so loudly in 2008.
Bless your heart

PonderinHog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 31, 2011, 08:01:22 pm
It wasn't the first time and won't be the last.
One "step" at a time.  Let the program work. :)

RAF

"Might"?  Even GUVHOG admits (on very, very rare occasions) that he's wrong, and doesn't try to qualify it with "might".

EastTexasHog

What is the thinking in Norman now that all the cards are on the table and OU is screwed?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: jj1121 on August 31, 2011, 07:57:52 pm
+1 it's hard to admit, now if we could just get FCJ to admit it once in a while.
that's forbidden, didn't you know?   

PP

10thPlanet

Quote from: jamie72921 on August 31, 2011, 08:02:52 pm
I'm still waiting for you to admit that the Big 12? is not better than the SEC like you were claiming so loudly in 2008.
and that A&M is a loss for the Big12, and a gain for the SEC... I was kinda shocked when I read of their success.
Aggies claimed nine Big 12 championships and four national team titles, both of which were school-bests. Since joining the Big 12 prior to the 1996-97 athletic season, Texas A&M has won 55 conference championships, including 32 in the last five years.

hoghiker

Finally. Is that horse you were beating dead? Sounds good. The BYU deal sounds promising. More wives-less male cheerleaders.

NWASooner

Quote from: ark30inf on August 31, 2011, 07:53:35 pm

I see what you did there.

+1 to you.

NWASooner

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 31, 2011, 07:58:53 pm
What exactly are you claiming to be wrong about?  That A&M is actually leaving, or your opinion that leaving would be a monumental blunder by A&M?

I'm admitting to being wrong about them leaving.  They will regret it in 10 years of not going to bowls.  They're going to get killed.

EastTexasHog

Ok - that is a real admission - you are now off the hook.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: NWASooner on August 31, 2011, 08:10:21 pm
I'm admitting to being wrong about them leaving.  They will regret it in 10 years of not going to bowls.  They're going to get killed.
yeah, same was said about us......you see how that turned out?  We are a much more powerful team than the SWC teams of old.  Don't get that confused with me saying we are in the elite, we ain't, but headed in the right direction.

PP

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: Head Hawg on August 31, 2011, 07:52:13 pm
+1 .. You and PorkOpine are the only people I've seen, or can remember as of late, who admitted to being wrong.
I thought that I was wrong once but I wasn't! ;D
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

NWASooner

Quote from: hoghiker on August 31, 2011, 08:06:51 pm
Finally. Is that horse you were beating dead? Sounds good. The BYU deal sounds promising. More wives-less male cheerleaders.

That is something I brought up with Mrs. NWASooner here as she switched from the New Jersey Housewives show to some fashion show.  (Welcome to my hell.)  Although, what is the deal with New Jersey?  The South takes some heat but you can spot people from New Jersey a mile away and even the hot women sound like my car mechanic.  No thanks.

Anyway, I decided that BYU brings more female viewers than A&M for a list of obvious reasons. 

Road trips are equally bad, though, and for different reasons.

rzrbackrob

Now is the time to congratulate you on a fight well fought with a passion I can respect.
Honestly, nobody really knew what was going to happen, but most older Hog fans remember the Aggies from way back in the SWC days.
There is a story that when Arkansas made it's farewell tour through the SWC, TA&M kept the Arkansas flag when they removed it from Kyle Field and promised to put it back up when they eventually joined the SEC.
Good is the enemy of great

sickboy

I only know what's going on here from what I've read in this thread...obviously you were wrong about something involving A&M coming to the SEC in some form...yada, yada, yada....

Long story short, I was gonna +1 you just for admitting you were wrong about something...then you said you still thought the Texas legislature would block it. Then you said the SEC wouldn't have enough money to make it attractive. So, I was left wondering if you really were admitting you were wrong at all.

But then when I saw that you +1'd yourself. That's when I knew...

No +1 for you!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I'm wrong all the time, but I don't let it slow me down...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoghiker

I bet you watch TAMU play it's first SEC conference game.  I bet a bunch of Texicans do. Same deal with Okies. Next thing you know, you'll be pulling for OU to be in the SEC. The SEC brother. Nothing else compares. SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC-SEC. Sometimes magic happens. Join the adventure.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 4windshawg on August 31, 2011, 08:19:21 pm
I'm wrong all the time, but I don't let it slow me down...
Make up for it in volume! :)

Horkus Porkus

O.K. You were wrong and wife has terrible taste in T.V. shows. That should
do it (Over the edge you go boomer).!!!!! HP Out!!!!

Feralhog

Quote from: NWASooner on August 31, 2011, 07:50:18 pm
When the SEC votes them in, it will be final.  The wording from A&M today was kind of vague.  It was like telling your girlfriend you're going to break up with her if you find someone better.  I still wouldn't be surprised if the SEC can't pull this together because of the financing.  There is no way at all that any of these AD's can vote for this and take less money for their school.

keep going and you'll eventually convince yourself that you were right
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Feralhog

Quote from: ark30inf on August 31, 2011, 07:53:35 pm

Oh Snap

Sheer brilliance
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

NWASooner

Quote from: Feralhog on August 31, 2011, 08:31:16 pm
keep going and you'll eventually convince yourself that you were right

Not really.  I just know who moves the TV dial and A&M is fairly average in that regard.  I can't imagine ABC overpaying for them.  Twice.

I can imagine their first SEC season pulling huge ratings in Texas.  Their 4th season will be a train wreck.

redeye

So, there you go. I can say that I got the A&M thing wrong but I can also say that in the history of Internet Fan Message Boards, I am the first person to admit they were wrong.
+1 to me.

No, I'm pretty certain that someone using your nickname has admitted they were wrong on here before. I'm waiting for your first "See, I told you so!".

Hawgrox

+12 to NWASooner for coming here and admitting his failures...our should that be +8.5?

Feralhog

Quote from: redeye on August 31, 2011, 08:37:16 pm
No, I'm pretty certain that someone using your nickname has admitted they were wrong on here before. I'm waiting for your first "See, I told you so!".

I've noticed that too.  Let's see, Big Xll is better than the SEC, McCluster is slow, aTm ain't going anywhere. 

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: redeye on August 31, 2011, 08:37:16 pm

Heyyoooooooo..!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

grayhawg

Quote from: NWASooner on August 31, 2011, 08:34:25 pm
Not really.  I just know who moves the TV dial and A&M is fairly average in that regard.  I can't imagine ABC overpaying for them.  Twice.

I can imagine their first SEC season pulling huge ratings in Texas.  Their 4th season will be a train wreck.
There probably will not be a 4th season in the big12 for anybody. JMHO

Bugscuffle

+1 to me.

....duly noted, but there was really no need. Given enough time, there would have been folks lining up to tell you that you were/are/will be in the future wrong. There are folks who are really good at that around here. Then again, your post count is pretty high, so you probably already know that.

no +1 for admitting you're wrong, but a +1 for your preemptive strike.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawgrox on August 31, 2011, 08:38:04 pm
+12 to NWASooner for coming here and admitting his failures...our should that be +8.5?
It's OK, just don't make it a Big 12.

Feralhog

Quote from: NWASooner on August 31, 2011, 08:34:25 pm

For some reason I get the sense that aTm's tv ratings in their 4th season will be off the hook

hawgwash

You know, it might take a mighty big person to admit they might be wrong.