Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on December 13, 2012, 01:21:51 pm
Utah State has the better qb, the better coach (who turned down offers from Cal and Colorado), the better D, the better record, and the better record ATS.  A few rating systems with pretty good records when predicting Utah State to cover have also predicted that Utah State will cover.  Finally, Utah State is on a 6-game winning streak, and Toledo has lost 2 of its last 3 games, with its only win coming against 1-11 Akron.

You convinced me, playing Utah St. tomorrow. Go Ags.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hooch on December 13, 2012, 05:45:09 pm
I like Det but don't like NO, think TB may win that game TB has found rushing games since they played early, and oh BTW the Saints have ZERO defense.  Probably best bet in that one is the over. 

I see your point, possible reconsideration.

Huckleberry Pig

Had taken a break over the past few weeks after I got stupid and put too many eggs in one basket.  Basket broke and the eggs were lost.  Very rookie mistake by a rookie better.  Won't happen again. 

Have decided to get back into it and play the bowl games.

How do ya'll feel about Arizona (-9) vs Nevada and Utah St (-10.5) vs Toledo

I'm leaning Arizona and Utah St. right now

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on December 14, 2012, 10:58:47 am
Had taken a break over the past few weeks after I got stupid and put too many eggs in one basket.  Basket broke and the eggs were lost.  Very rookie mistake by a rookie better.  Won't happen again. 

Have decided to get back into it and play the bowl games.

How do ya'll feel about Arizona (-9) vs Nevada and Utah St (-10.5) vs Toledo

I'm leaning Arizona and Utah St. right now

Love Utah St. now due to Vader and couple of other things I looked into, it's a smart play. Arizona/NEV should probably be a no play.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Listening is good and sounds like vadar did his research.

Utah st -9 dime play. I'm ALL over it baby!

Good call my man stick to you guns

Let's make some waves.

yraciv

December 15, 2012, 12:05:58 pm #2005 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:14:54 pm by yraciv
YTD: 65-47-1, +27.5 units

4 units
Stanford -4 W

3 units
Notre Dame +10.5

2 units
Arizona/Nevada Under 80 L
UCLA -3 L
TCU -2 L
Oregon -7W
OU MLL

1 unit
Texas +4 W
Armani Cooper >75.5 Yards

Hooch

went over 58 in utah state game, my book has it at -11 and that seems too much to me, so I will go over just to have a reason to watch. 

Pats -3 / 5 units
Indy +10 / 10 unit dime play
Packers -2 / 3 units

Also all three in a parlay for 1 unit.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Tampa Bay +4 (1 unit)
St. Louis -3 (1 unit)

and copying Jeff's picks in case I need him to bail out my NFL picks for the third weekend in a row.

Hooch

GB -3
Minn +3

3 team teaser, NY +11, GB +7, Minn +13

3 team teaser, Wash +14.5, Miami +2, Denver +7

DadVader1

On one of the morning shows, Ditka picked AGAINST the Bears for the first time this season.

DadVader1

More bowl suspensions:  Outback Bowl - Michigan v. South Carolina

Michigan: Michigan has suspended three players, including starting cornerback J.T. Floyd and punter Will Hagerup, from the Outback Bowl against South Carolina for a violation of team rules.  Those two players, along with senior linebacker Brandin Hawthorne, will not travel to Tampa, Fla. for the New Year's Day game against the Gamecocks (No. 10 BCS, No. 11 AP) due to the suspension.  http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8752022/michigan-wolverines-suspend-3-outback-bowl-including-jt-floyd

South Carolina: South Carolina won't have senior receiver D.L. Moore and offensive lineman Kyle Harris for the bowl game because of a violation of team rules.   http://www.freep.com/article/20121216/SPORTS06/121216010/south-carolina-suspensions-michigan-outback-bowl?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Hooch

Anyone playing tonight?

Thinking I am going to go SDSU +3 but not real confident just want to make game interesting, after the hoop Hogs do work. 

widespreadsooie

widespreadsooie

Scratch that under. I have no clue. Liked the under when it opened at 50 but not sure at 46.

DadVader1

I don't plan on playing this one.  If I did, I'd take BYU -3 small.

Buffalo +4.5 / 3 units
Indy -6 / 3 units
Philly +6.5 / 3 units
Cleveland +12 / 5 units
Minnesota +8.5 / 3 units

Cleveland
Minnesota
Indy

Three team parlay for one unit.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

I'm taking:

Green Bay -11.5 (1 unit)
New England -13.5 (1 unit)

Tomorrow, I'm taking:

Fresno State (3 units)

befus

befus

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on December 23, 2012, 08:54:41 am
I'm taking:

Green Bay -11.5 (1 unit)
New England -13.5 (1 unit)

Tomorrow, I'm taking:

Fresno State (3 units)

Probably hopping on Fresno with you for my Christmas Eve heat

DadVader1

Well, THAT didn't go as expected. You know your team has gotten off to a BAD start, when they've resorted to triple-teaming the 6'8" DE from Estonia ... And even that isn't working.  Merry Christmas!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: DadVader1 on December 25, 2012, 07:55:02 am
Well, THAT didn't go as expected. You know your team has gotten off to a BAD start, when they've resorted to triple-teaming the 6'8" DE from Estonia ... And even that isn't working.  Merry Christmas!

SMU brought that wood.

I took Fresno as well. For some reason the halftime line was SMU +9.5. I loaded up big on it and covered my other bet plus 2 units.

Lakers was a close one, also took Miami and Denver tonight. Hoping for a few small parlays to hit.

widespreadsooie

Hooch

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: widespreadsooie on December 27, 2012, 09:55:20 am
Baylor +3?

i am not sure yet on this one. never seen a game with a 81 point total on it.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on December 27, 2012, 10:21:39 am
i am not sure yet on this one. never seen a game with a 81 point total on it.

I'm seeing 82.5 now. Have to take the dog in a game with such a high point total.

yraciv

Hooch

going Cinci -10.  Duke has lost last 4 by an average of 19 points and not great teams.

Hooch

Quote from: Hooch on December 27, 2012, 05:20:49 pm
going Cinci -10.  Duke has lost last 4 by an average of 19 points and not great teams.

Never a doubt ha ha.  8)

WILL CLINTON

So I'm thinking of taking Minnesota +13 in tonight's game. My line of thinking is that it's going to be tough for Texas Tech to stay together with the departure of ole Tommy T.

Anyone got any insight?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Kinda digging Rice +2 and WV -3.5 (bought the hook)

widespreadsooie

yraciv

Hooch

Going Rice, Navy, WVU, Texas, and Mich St.

Seems like almost every dog has covered here lately. 

Mich St +3 / 5 units
Syracuse +4 / 5 units
Arizona St -13.5 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

December 29, 2012, 10:36:52 am #2035 Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:18:37 pm by DadVader1
I'm adding Syracuse to go with what I've already done today Rice & Arizona St.

EDIT:  Changed my mind.  With the snow storm and Syracuse playing home games in a domed stadium, I think I'll sit that one out.

WILL CLINTON

Liking Mich St and Texas. Hope WV can cover -2.5 in the 2nd half.

Let's make some waves.

widespreadsooie

Went with Oregon St -3 after winning Cuse and Rice.

HogFanInBryant

I really wanna bet the under in this game BIG, but I just looked and the total is set at 40 which is nuts!  That may be the lowest total in a bowl game I have ever seen.

Thoughts/Opinions?  About 35 minutes until kickoff.

lechon

not sure why you would bet under but ok......
Now who is the girl holding her guns....very nice
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

iluvmyslute89

its a slow B1G team with a struggling offense vs a fast but undersized tcu team who also sucks offensively. Plus the fruitcake announcer pronounced california  call-a-fornia

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: razor9 on December 29, 2012, 09:38:23 pm
not sure why you would bet under but ok......
Now who is the girl holding her guns....very nice

I don't know who she is but she instantly entered my top 5 hotties of all time and I haven't even seen her below the belt yet.......and I took the under of 40.5 for $300 and looking good at halftime.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Cobi Hamilton Fan

I think you're good lol. Even if MSU punches it in here.

ETA: they just did. You're still good.

iluvmyslute89

31to6

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on December 30, 2012, 12:11:57 am
le'veon bell. Who thinks he's nfl worthy?
His durability and productivity will get him drafted if his combine numbers are decent.

The NFL loves RBs who have proven they can carry the load week-in-week-out.

HogFanInBryant

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: The Pig of destiny on December 30, 2012, 12:11:57 am
le'veon bell. Who thinks he's nfl worthy?

He runs EXACTLY like Mike Anderson did when he was so bad-ass for the Denver Broncos. 

Cobi Hamilton Fan

On the verge of losing some money on this one. Took TCU straight up. Need them to put up a field goal and call it a day. Me and HFIB both win.